• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Flight of Christians from Mid-East Reaches Syria, What can you and I do?????

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by DennisTate, Jul 24, 2012.

1. RaiseTheDead

RaiseTheDead Newbie

+16
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Christianity does no such thing and for you to conflate that with what DT said is either poor reading, or bizarre.

2. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Actually RaiseTheDead.....I am partly being selfish.....I am partly seeking some positive fame.....but I heard somewhere that for the first forty years of our life we tend to seek success. After 40 we tend to seek after significance!

I am 53 and I am trying to set myself up so that I will have something to say to the being of light guy who meets with people who have a brush with death and usually asks them some variation of "what did you do with your life that you can show me?"

I want to submit my application to become one of the guys who at least attempts to talk Sir Richard Branson to consider becoming much like an actor who is doing the best that he can to play the role of a modern King Cyrus type of person for our time period?????!!!!!

Isaiah 45 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Isaiah 45 :1 ¶
    Isa 45:4
    I am of the belief that dozens or even hundreds of men and women in 2012 - 2020 could in a sense submit their application to be somewhat like actors playing the role of a modern King Cyrus type of person. It is rather important that this person in some sense does not really know the G-d of Abraham extremely well....Ancient King Cyrus was overly superstitious and the Prophet Daniel, according to tradition, enlightened him when pagan priests were using deception to increase revenue!

I would nominate Jim Carrey to be the perfect person to play the role of George Malloy in this series of films that in one sense supposedly take place in 1938 but frankly.....they can go around the earth to virtually every city or town in North America and even into all nations!!!!

Jim Carrey is my daughter's all time favourite actor. Bruce Almighty is her favourite movie. She will watch it again and again with me no matter how many times it is shown on TV!

3. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,022
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    awesome Dennis. yes, i'm interested.

4. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,569
    Judaism
    Married
    Excuse me, but some segments of Christianity do exactly that. There is a very large section that is anti-intellectual. His point seems to be that education can be a hindrance to bringing someone to Christianity. I contend that if that is the case, it isn't education that is the problem.

5. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Well said RaiseTheDead!

I am a Christian and I have been searching since 2003 to find people capable of debating with me on any subject!

Back perhaps in 2004, I met the world's most famous Satanist through "Christian 80's Metal" an EzBoard community!

I enjoyed joining some Satanist discussion boards and watching the discussion fade out to nearly nothing as I posted into each topic and watched as the atmosphere in the entire community changed.....almost instantly!

I am a firm believer in the brilliance of the statement:

Matthew 5:25
    If we can see where our opponent is perhaps at the minimum thirty or forty or fifty percent accurate in a statement that they made we can pacify their wrath fairly easily! I have never ever in my life encountered wisdom such as that shown by Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua!!!!!!

6. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

OK, now that you word it that way, you are right, LoAmmi!

My all time record for being excommunicated from Christian churches is two in about one month!

Back in 1991 I advised the local minister for the Worldwide Church of God that he may as well excommunicate me because if anybody asked me a question I would answer it.....and with a norepinephrine level at that time that was somewhat elevated i knew that I could not mindlessly obey the church rule to not cause divisions???!!!

I attended one meeting with the Philadelphia Church of God ran by Pastor General Gerald Flurry and felt obligated to let him know where I was at philosophically and got myself excommunicated from that organization in less than two weeks!!!!!

7. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,569
    Judaism
    Married
    I thought you were speaking of that. If you were not, I retract what I said with regards to you, but I stand by my point.

8. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Cool! Click on the one blog entry on my profile to get my basic life story up until around 1990 or so?!

Things really got interesting at that time. I prayed and prayed in such a way that got me into some pretty serious trouble. By 2010 I was nothing less than astonished to still be alive and have been given such an off the scale phenomenal new family!!!!!

9. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,022
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Going there now!

10. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I just went back and took another look at exactly what I wrote and you are indeed correct LoAmmi that yes, I was lamenting, a genuinely open mind even in some of the most educated of Christians!

Pastors in the Worldwide Church of God were reasonably well educated. Essentially all of them had at the minimum a Bachelor of Arts and Theology from Ambassador College. I personally did not finish my degree in Business back in the early '80's partly because I tended to consider a high level of education to be at least something of a hinderance to being truly close to G-d?!?!

Yes, I have noticed that somebody having a high level of education can be a hinderance in them becoming a zealous Christian who would fit in with any group that attempted to have a level of zeal that is taught in the Book of Acts?!?!

I did also state though that within two or three generations of fathers in a family being Christian there is a tendency for the children to get degrees and become much more educated as well as open minded philosophically?!

In this group, you will notice that the people who are asking good and obviously well informed questions regarding Judaism or Islam or other religions, chances are their fathers or grandfathers may have been people who got away from an addiction to alcohol or drugs and worked hard and made sure that their children and grandchildren attained a higher level of education than they themselves were given?!

I think it is not so much Christianity itself that is the problem but a tendency to confine one's reading to one book or set of books with mainly one outlook on philosophy?!?!! Christians or Moslems or Hindus or Buddhists or Shintoists or even Jews, who have been taught by their particular group, to read one book over and over and over again....and almost never read any literature that presents a different point of view......will tend to be people who have some terrible ideas regarding how people should be treated who have a different world view?!?! Maybe?!?!

11. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Actually, I was watching Sid Roth last week and I heard his guest Shane Warren speak about having what seemed to be a dream guided by God that warned about foreign nations conspiring to horribly devalue the US dollar through a scheme to purchase oil through other currencies than the dollar?????!!!!!

What happened after this was that America experienced terrible economic troubles and it seems that only churches, (and I assume synagogues and mosques that honour the G-d of Abraham to the best of their ability), became the only places where people could be assisted in their terrible troubles????!!!! (Shane Warren only spoke about Christian churches, but as a Christian, Shane Warren would be given by God only the details that he needed to know at that time)?!?!

Shane Warren - America - Sid Roth - It's Supernatural
    Basically Shane Warren was shown a powerful turning to the G-d of Abraham by huge numbers of people!

What I am proposing is taking the Cyrus prophecies of the Book of Isaiah and trying to put a human face on them for the year 2012!!!!!!

The printing up of $28 billion George Malloy dollars, supposedly back in 1938, could not in any way devalue the Canadian dollar or the USA dollar!!!!!

In a way, I am planning on trying my best to become something of a Cyrus type of person myself....but.....I don't have ten million dollars necessary to print up $28 billion George Malloy dollars, in a form that could not possibly be easily counterfeited! It costs about two cents to print a twenty dollar bill, or one hundred dollar bill or a one thousand dollar bill....so I am estimating ten million dollars if not more to print up $28 billion, if a relatively small denomination such as a $50 bill is chosen, (more than double that if a $20 bill is chosen)?!?!

The gold that will back up the value of this money....will be a series of films that will increase and increase and increase in value over time during the coming decades and centuries!

I personally want ZERO of these George Malloy dollars, because I personally want to attempt to fulfill this verse in Isaiah:

Isaiah 45:13
    The following link into a note on one of my Facebook groups gives a theory on how I personally believe that it may be possible to give Mr. Peter Mackay what he wants to help the Islamic nations come to a whole new level of understanding with Canada, our allies, and even eventually with the nation of Israel????!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/west...rrency-unit-to-save-coastal-c/373261199364486

.facebook.com/pages/scientific-miracles-of-islam/136917379667127

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  12. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    LoAmmi, I have a certain amount of bitterness against Christian pastors....and even church members....and you were basically accurately reading what was on my mind!

This discussion community, and this particular forum, is proof that the narrow minded thought pattern that so disappointed me in Christian leaders two to three decades ago is being overcame and changed by a significant number of Christian thinkers....but you were correct.....I am a somewhat bitter former member of a certain church who has difficulty imagining that I will ever join myself to a specific Christian congregation any time in the near future?!?!?!!

I think that I can call myself Messianic Gentile....but I half expect that if I attended a Messianic group I would probably be in trouble over some idea or another fairly quickly?!?!

13. Rationalt

Rationalt Newbie

+87
    Deist
    Married
    Muslims killing others including fellow muslims, is usually, for Islamic reasons.I don't have detailed info on syria to say the killings are exclusively islamic.

There were exceptions like saddam's war with iran, since saddam was really not much in to islam.

Robert spencer linked this video regarding jihad in syria.

Imam calls for jihad and caliphate, picks up gun during Friday prayers - Jihad Watch

14. TG123

TG123 Regular Member

+172
    Christian
    Married
    The same thing we can do for other refugees and victims of ethnic cleansing and human rights violations.

- Pray for them
    - Have our homes open to those who have been able to flee
    - Give money and other aid to those who are working on their behalf
    - If possible, go to the conflict zone as a human rights monitor or human shield or nurse or doctor
    - Lobby politicians to stop any co-operation with the oppressors
    - Keep spreading awareness, don't let the issue "die down" in the awareness and consciousness of others you know"
    - Boycott business and picket embassies of countries that are directly involved in the oppression

Trust God, and let Him use to create justice in the world. Be Jesus' hands and feet.

15. simplegifts

simplegifts Newbie

+21
    Christian
    Private

Teach people about the inequalities of Sharia Law.

Please read:
    Reliance of the Traveller and Tools for the Worshipper.
    A CLASSIC MANUAL OF ISLAMIC SACRED LAW BY AHMAD IBN
    NAQIB AL-MISRI (Died 1368 AD)​
    Edited and Translated by Sheik Nuh Ha Mim Keller

Muslims will tell you this is not what Sharia and Islam is all about -look at any Muslim majority countries to find the truth.

Democratic and Islamic states are not compatible.

16. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    In page one of this discussion I quote some unusual predictions by gifted Christian visionaries regarding the plans of God for my nation Canada?!?!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7653888/
    An apology to all Americans from a Canadian, and a thank you!

President Obama made it clear in Libya that wherever possible he would like allied nations to lead in a conflict and then have American soldiers back up those other nations as opposed to sending American troops to lead an operation to assist a foreign nation to become more stable?!

In many ways this policy is brilliant and worked well in Libya!

As a basic principle I do feel that my nation Canada is in a position to assist a great deal to help the Arab Spring Movement to be more peaceful. I can think of some things that we could even do in Syria and will elaborate soon here!!!!

As I mentioned I live in the federal riding of Central -Nova held by Canada's Minister of Defence Peter Mackay. Here is a link to a historic village community depicting life in Nova Scotia basically from the period of 1860 to 1930. I think that this might be a great place to do a film regarding another branch of time being spun off in which roughly half of the Jewish refugees on the M. S. St. Louis become residents of my province and the other half go to The Dominican Republic?!?!

http://museum.gov.ns.ca/sv/index.php

17. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

An EXCELLENT list TG123!

MS St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow!

One possible way to spin off this other artistic branch of time is to drive the M. S. St. Louis into the sand bars off Sable Island!!!!!!!

I wonder how many fishing boats would it take to rescue 937 Jewish refugees as well as the crew of the M. S. St. Louis?????!!!!!

18. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Wow!!!!!!!

I don't really blame you at all for coming to these conclusions WoodrowLi but I am expecting an outpouring of the Holy Spirit within the next decade that will make anything and everything done by God over the last 1800 years seem to be rather small in comparison!!!!!

I sure hope that I am not mistaken????!!!!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7647344/

19. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

I found their Facebook group and left a message on their wall?!?!

https://www.facebook.com/Dennis.Tate.4.Global.Greening

20. DennisTate

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    What do you think?

Which was heavier for Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua, the beam from the cross that he carried toward his crucifixion or the weight of all the churches....and nations....that he carries AT THIS VERY INSTANT??????????