Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just got a coupon code for 25% off a Pro membership for Flickr, one of the best image-storing sites.

I've been extremely happy with Flickr's reliability and organization tools. If you want to take a look at it, go to:
Upgrade everything you do with Flickr | Flickr

The code is:25in2019

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just got a coupon code for 25% off a Pro membership for Flickr, one of the best image-storing sites.

I've been extremely happy with Flickr's reliability and organization tools. If you want to take a look at it, go to:
Upgrade everything you do with Flickr | Flickr

The code is:25in2019

Thanks. I'm still on flickr but not a pro member so I get 1k free images but can still submit to groups.
I was an admin for the 3rd largest group on the site, Group With Experience. It was Christian themed and full of lively debate. The pool was heavily moderated Flickr up and deleted it because of complaints against the groups chief admin and founder. One of our mods went rogue and started complaining about him for having multiple accounts (which is against the site rules) Instead of just banning the admin they deleted the entire group- hundreds of lively threads, the entire pool of a million moderated images. They didn't even warn the other admins and moderators. It was tragic.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you think the transfer as a part of Smugmug had anything to do with it. So far, I haven't seen any major differences.

Apparently, the new management is trying to reduce losses, at least to break even. I don't need a Pro account, but I got one just to support what I saw as the best photo-sharing service.

Annoying that they just ended such a viable group, though.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you think the transfer as a part of Smugmug had anything to do with it. So far, I haven't seen any major differences.

It may have. Our group must have taken up a lot of storage. The group founders rules violations may have given them the excuse they needed. Or someone behind the decision was anti Christian. who knows. We were obviously a Christian founded group but open to anyone provided they followed the rules. No nudity, blasphemy, foul language etc. This all happened about 3 months ago. Not sure when the buy out happened exactly. I do hope the new owners can earn a profit.

Upvote 0