flee in terror

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kenneth Hagin:

"Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

Every passage in the New Testament that deals with the Devil always instructs you and me to do something about the Devil. New Testament believers are never told to pray that God would do something about the Devil!

In James 4:7 "you" is the understood subject of the sentence "You resist the Devil and he will flee from you." Notice it's not, "Pray to God for Him to do something about the Devil." Nor is it, "Pray that Jesus won't let the Devil get you."

Also notice that the Bible doesn't say, "When you feel like it, you can resist the Devil, and it will work for you." No. Whether you feel like it or not, the authority still belongs to you. You can't feel authority; you just exercise it!

I once sensed in my spirit that there was special significance about the word "flee" in James 4:7. In a huge dictionary I found the definition that seemed to fit what my spirit called for: "To flee: to run from as in terror."

Act on James 4:7. Don't just consider it as a fairy tale, but as the Word of God, which is to be acted upon. If you'll act on it, the Devil and all his cohorts will run from you as in terror!

Confession: I resist the Devil according to God's Word. The Devil runs from me as in terror. He's scared to death of Jesus Christ, so he's scared to death of me!

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Kenneth Hagin:

"Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

Every passage in the New Testament that deals with the Devil always instructs you and me to do something about the Devil. New Testament believers are never told to pray that God would do something about the Devil!

In James 4:7 "you" is the understood subject of the sentence "You resist the Devil and he will flee from you." Notice it's not, "Pray to God for Him to do something about the Devil." Nor is it, "Pray that Jesus won't let the Devil get you."

Also notice that the Bible doesn't say, "When you feel like it, you can resist the Devil, and it will work for you." No. Whether you feel like it or not, the authority still belongs to you. You can't feel authority; you just exercise it!

I once sensed in my spirit that there was special significance about the word "flee" in James 4:7. In a huge dictionary I found the definition that seemed to fit what my spirit called for: "To flee: to run from as in terror."

Act on James 4:7. Don't just consider it as a fairy tale, but as the Word of God, which is to be acted upon. If you'll act on it, the Devil and all his cohorts will run from you as in terror!

Confession: I resist the Devil according to God's Word. The Devil runs from me as in terror. He's scared to death of Jesus Christ, so he's scared to death of me!

I did a study of James 4:7 previously.

It also dawned upon me that the "devil" in there could also mean evil people or corrupt ideologies/systems.

It clearly says in James 4:7 to **submit to God**, **resist the devil**

The verse presents two opposing powers and how we should respond to each that contrasts each other.

It can also be alternately said as **do not resist God**, **do not submit to the devil**

Such context is entirely possible because good people, including Christians can and will submit to evil/immoral systems or people (while dropping/resisting their Christian principles) especially if that evil thing can offer them money or lucrative opportunities and even threaten them with misfortunes like losing their jobs.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
they loved not their lives unto the death.---
I take this to mean that as we approach the end, it will be a execution offense to confess Jesus.
Lord give us all strength to keep our confession.

• Agree
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I take this to mean that as we approach the end, it will be a execution offense to confess Jesus.
That certainly is one application of it; but I do not think it the only one or even the main application.

That would be the daily taking up the Cross, dieing to self and following HIM. If we are doing that every day, martyrdom will just be the next step.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That would be the daily taking up the Cross, dieing to self and following HIM. If we are doing that every day, martyrdom will just be the next step.

I hear many Christians say that while being a picture of having good and comfortable lives in this world. Doesn't make sense and I think are only deceiving themselves.

What they say to be their "cross" is petty compared to what other Christians face in other countries.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear many Christians say that while being a picture of having good and comfortable lives in this world.
Disagrees with what Paul taught:

2 Timothy 3:12
Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.​

"Persecuted" is what is happening when ISIS comes to town.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It clearly says in James 4:7 to **submit to God**....

Nice catch....
4yajuyo1_zpsv013y6hf.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That certainly is one application of it; but I do not think it the only one or even the main application.

Thanks Dave...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Disagrees with what Paul taught:

2 Timothy 3:12
Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.​

"Persecuted" is what is happening when ISIS comes to town.

Yes but these well-to-do Christians would rather play golf or drive to the beach, leisure, etc in the weekends than do anything to help our brethren in distress.

1 John 3:17
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?

We must *resist* the devil. Not doing anything substantial is *tolerance* and these two doesn't go together.

You can't make the ISIS flee by just praying.... Remember Jesus rescued an adulterer from the hands of the Jews. What would Jesus have done if the Jews did not stand down by reasoning? He could have struck them down as Jesus did at the merchants in the Temple!

Upvote 0

IT REALLY SAYS

Aug 9, 2017
florida
✟18,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev 2:10 tells them to be faithful to death... and they will recieve the crown of life -if their not faithful then it looks like they wont get a crown..... not osas here

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rev 2:10 tells them to be faithful to death... and they will recieve the crown of life -if their not faithful then it looks like they wont get a crown..... not osas here

Welcome to the Word/Faith forum. Please stay on topic of the OP. If we may ask... What is your intention of quoting..."not OSAS here" that is not part of this discussion? Thank You!

Officially, (un-official) forum observer
giggle1_zpsb2922d18_1.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0