✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  Ohio Officers Flea the Scene  

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Police summoned to a home where the front door was standing open found the house abandoned - except by thousands of fleas.

Sgt. Marc Dopp said the three officers discovered they were covered with the bugs as they left the two-story house on Tuesday.

<snip>

The infestation spread to five officers and five police cars. The Sixth Precinct substation had to be closed.

The officers were taken to University Hospitals East, where they were vigorously scrubbed down.

Exterminators were called in to fumigate the police cars and substation.

<SPAN class=readmore>© Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.</SPAN>&nbsp;

<SPAN class=readmore>I do wonder if that homeowner was charged with fleaing the police. LOL :D&nbsp; Pity those poor officers though. . . </SPAN:mad:

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Warrior4Jah
Unbeliever, is that a quote in your signature, if so who said it?

Yes it's a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche, he's a philosopher who's ideas baffle most people.

That quote is probably from The Antichrist .

Interesting little side note about the guy, he went crazy in his later years and (correct me if I'm wrong) died in an asylum.

Zach

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Brimshack
It was the result of a bug of sorts, syphalus (sp?). Nietzsche had sex once in his life, at a britherl, caught syphalus, and went nuts toward the end of his life, but not before writing several brilliant works.

thanks for clearing that up for me... you retain college lessons much better than I do :)

If I saw any evidence that Christians were less prone t sin that atheists I would perhaps agree with you, but I don't.

You know, it's really sad that from your experiences, you have that opinion.

But I guess it's that way everywhere. Nobody is immune to sin.

Being a Christian just mans that you are forgiven... not perfect.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
I didn't say you guys screw up more than us, just that I don't see any reason to believe you screw up any less than we do.

(Nietzsche was a favorite of mine for many years, but apparently I haven't retained my spelling lessons that well, …sheesh!)

Oh, and Susan, black ants do not strike me as any more productive than red ants; anyone who claims differently is just buggin'.

Upvote 0

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't say you guys screw up more than us, just that I don't see any reason to believe you screw up any less than we do.

Ahem... I didn't say that you said that. I think my intent was rather ambiguous.

I was more or less contemplating that statement, not passing judgement.

about the ants... I think that that may be one thing that you haven't studied yet (correct me if I'm wrong) but... proffessor... in my experience, as far as the palces that I have lived, black ants seem to have a common presnce thus indicating to me, that they have been more successful than their evil (and probably atheistic) biting counter-parts.

just my $.02

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
…and I didn't say that you said that I said that; I was merely saying by way of clarifying what was actually said when I was in the act of saying what I said, just in case the implication of your saying could be said to be saying that I might have said that other saying if I was intent on saying more that I actually said, so to say.

When you see a lone black ant, that is travelling alone, well away from any ant nest; THAT is the atheist ant. (or is it really an agnostic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Brimshack
…and I didn't say that you said that I said that; I was merely saying by way of clarifying what was actually said when I was in the act of saying what I said, just in case the implication of your saying could be said to be saying that I might have said that other saying if I was intent on saying more that I actually said, so to say.

When you see a lone black ant, that is travelling alone, well away from any ant nest; THAT is the atheist ant. (or is it really an agnostic?

One would say that by what you said you were implying that I said that you said what I said in the above post. However, what I said was a response to what you said was not implying that you said what you said in the later post.

As far as the ant... that is a philosophical question that has longed plagued the minds of great thinkers throughout history.

My contention is that if in fact the ant is alone, it is searching for food, thus making it impartial to the existence (or lack of as applies to it's possible mental capabilities) thus making it an atheist by your definition of the word.

but, like always, you may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're..... ahem... you know ;)

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Well no actually what I said in no way implied the other thing that you did imply that i was saying when I said what I actually said, which was clearly the wrong thing to say. I on the other hand never implied what you said that I said you said, when I said what I actually did say.

Hi Annabel!

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Off topic !?! I'll have you know that everything I have said was quite pertinent to the topic that you were talking about when you talked about the topic that you told us about. But I'm not so sure that Coasties ramblings and rantings were relevant to your own reverie, …not really.

Upvote 0