Sacramento
✟9,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I asked God for a healthier life style and than I found flavcity. I have been watching for 2 years and Bobby has changed my life. He has been doing this for a long time and he has alot of videos. If you have not seen any of his vidoes I recommend the following. They are a must watch. Hope you all enjoy.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe an improvement compared to eating absolute junk, but he's talking alot of "bro science", particularly when it comes to vegetable oil. Most of what you hear about a greater omega 3 to 6 ratio in oil or fat as being "less inflammatory" is based on "the Eskimo Hypothesis" from the late 60's and early 70's, and that's mostly been disproven. Other bits of it are based on speculation, and the actual benefits of omega 3 vs. 6 probably depend more on your genetic polymorphisms that control the rate limiting of various enzymes involved in conversion of essential fatty acids into arachadonic acid. Animal feeding studies show that vegetable oils can lower cholesterol more than even olive oil, and something like that ghee (which is basically butter with the protein removed) that he touts as being healthy actually raised cholesterol as compared to baseline diets.

I wouldn't even bother with coconut or palm oil. Unrefined palm and coconut have some antioxidants, but there have been plenty of cases of people having their cholesterol elevated to an alarming degree by having hidden coconut oil in their diet. If you are really serious about lowering cholesterol, you need to limit saturated fat to 16g or less per day, regardless of source. I try to aim for less than that, even, and my cholesterol is excellent at 120 mmol/dL.

Keeping cholesterol low in your diet also will do alot to slow or stop the development of cardiovascular disease. It will not show up on fasting blood tests since cholesterol in the diet is processed by the body so quickly (something the egg industry uses to mislead the public about the health effects of egg consumption), but dietary cholesterol has been shown in feeding studies to contribute to atherosclerosis in primate models.

Last edited:
Upvote 0