God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I mean, if the earth were round then Mt. Rainier (14,410 ft) and Mt. Baker (10,788 ft) should totally look like they are shorter than Mt. St. Helens (8,364 ft), and that's crazy talk. I should know, I've only lived in Washington my entire life. And I can assure you that Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier totally dwarf Mt. St. Helens, just like we'd expect on a flat earth.

View attachment 271387
See, Mt. St Helens (red line) is totally dwarfed by Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker (Green and Blue).

Ergo, the earth is definitely flat. I mean, who are you going to believe, me or your own two lying eyes?

-CryptoLutheran

Obviously those numbers were made up by the round earth conspiracy!

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I mean, if the earth were round then Mt. Rainier (14,410 ft) and Mt. Baker (10,788 ft) should totally look like they are shorter than Mt. St. Helens (8,364 ft), and that's crazy talk. I should know, I've only lived in Washington my entire life. And I can assure you that Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier totally dwarf Mt. St. Helens, just like we'd expect on a flat earth.

View attachment 271387
See, Mt. St Helens (red line) is totally dwarfed by Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker (Green and Blue).

Ergo, the earth is definitely flat. I mean, who are you going to believe, me or your own two lying eyes?

-CryptoLutheran
I can see you've altered that photo - the red, green and blue lines are additions. What else have you changed?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I watched that first flat earth video up until she put the vacuum pump on that Bell jar :rolleyes:. facepalm “Ok I’m done “ I said .

I only watch a little to see the "bell jar" part. Boy, that was bad. It's like they didn't even watch the video in the OP.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I can see how you all can fall for that. I'm sure you'll all enjoy him doing your erroneous thinking for you. As it doesn't actually represent flat earth accurately, saying it's one of the best rebuttals just about sums up the substance of a ball earth position.

But since that's the game we seem to be playing, here's a video where someone actually shows an experiment demonstrating how 'Professor' Dave completely failed point #4.

Oh, that is hilarious. Prof Dave reminds us that vacuums don't suck, so to prove him wrong they use a vacuum pump to..... suck. Priceless.

Then the challenge thrown down is, in effect, to build an Earth sized model surrounded by a vacuum to demonstrate empirically that claim 4 in the OP is correct. Thank goodness they gave him all weekend, it would be a little unfair to ask him to do it any quicker. After all, even God took 2 or 3 days to make the original.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, that is hilarious. Prof Dave reminds us that vacuums don't suck, so to prove him wrong they use a vacuum pump to..... suck. Priceless.

Then the challenge thrown down is, in effect, to build an Earth sized model surrounded by a vacuum to demonstrate empirically that claim 4 in the OP is correct. Thank goodness they gave him all weekend, it would be a little unfair to ask him to do it any quicker. After all, even God took 2 or 3 days to make the original.
The other point I failed to mention was the failure to perform a valid experiment. Sucking the smoke from the jar formed a vacuum (close enough for this criticism). That's when smoke should have been placed (with no additional force) under the vacuum to see what happens.

For a valid experiment, the whole experiment would need to be entirely shielded from the Earth's atmosphere, with equivalent temperatures and pressures to those found at the edge of our atmosphere. Shouldn't be too difficult, so I'll give them until Friday......

If Flerfers just want to attack strawmen without realising that's what they're doing they should expect to be dismissed as clueless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I admit that it does get tiresome watching all of you celebrate your ignorance on this topic.

You can leave. Nobody is making you read any of this.

Honestly, it seems like you only come into topics to tell everyone how pointless you think it is to come into these topics.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I admit that it does get tiresome watching all of you celebrate your ignorance on this topic. You are all wrong, and you all enjoy it.
Says the man who posts videos that don't show what he thinks they show while claiming others are fools.

The OP is a video of 10 points. You post a video which attacks just one of those points claiming it proves that point wrong. It does no such thing, but you can't see that and you have no rebuttal for the other 9 points. It's comedy gold.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You can leave. Nobody is making you read any of this.

Honestly, it seems like you only come into topics to tell everyone how pointless you think it is to come into these topics.

And you people only create and participate these topics for the purpose of continuing to make yourselves feel superior to those who disagree with you. So, I'll comment whenever and wherever on these threads as I see fit, but thanks for the useless advice.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Says the man who posts videos that don't show what he thinks they show while claiming others are fools.

The OP is a video of 10 points. You post a video which attacks just one of those points claiming it proves that point wrong. It does no such thing, but you can't see that and you have no rebuttal for the other 9 points. It's comedy gold.

It's ignorance like yours that keeps this topic alive and people like you completely blind.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,524.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I admit that it does get tiresome watching all of you celebrate your ignorance on this topic. You are all wrong, and you all enjoy it.
How you explain the difference in visible height of Mt St Helens?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
And you people only create and participate these topics for the purpose of continuing to make yourselves feel superior to those who disagree with you. So, I'll comment whenever and wherever on these threads as I see fit, but thanks for the useless advice.

You’re welcome!

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It's ignorance like yours that keeps this topic alive and people like you completely blind.
Lol. I point out the errors of your nonsense, and your response is "you're ignorant". Such well thought through rejoinders must win you many debates. As I said before, comedy gold. Keep it coming, we all enjoy a good laugh.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

The pump sucked to create the vacuum. If a valve were opened into the bell jar, the pressure differential would cause the air to flow back into the jar. Vacuums don't suck! Think it through!

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
How you explain the difference in visible height of Mt St Helens?

There are two factors at work:
1. perspective in the visual field --- further away objects appear smaller because they subtend a smaller solid angle
2. the curvature of the earth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Here's a thought: Maybe if you and other flat earthers actually tried to give real arguments to counter the many points made in threads like this, instead of just going 'Na na na na na, I'm right and you're wrong' and spouting excuses, then people might take you more seriously.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here's a thought: Maybe if you and other flat earthers actually tried to give real arguments to counter the many points made in threads like this, instead of just going 'Na na na na na, I'm right and you're wrong' and spouting excuses, then people might take you more seriously.

And I would add --- develop theories based on observable testable data that would explain your flat earth hypothesis.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,524.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There are two factors at work:
1. perspective in the visual field --- further away objects appear smaller because they subtend a smaller solid angle
2. the curvature of the earth
I don’t get it. Is the Earth not flat?

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
pofessor dave need to quit playing with computers and creating all these computer animated illustrations,
where only the globe earth exist. And start explaining why photos from a weather balloon at 24 miles high is the same distance from earth as photos from the iss at 250+ miles high.

https://www.google.com/search?q=iss+photos+of+earth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+balloon+photos+of+earth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Or maybe he can explain how the red bull jump (at 19-20 miles high) is the same distance from earth as the iss (at 250+ miles high)

Red bull.jpg

iss.jpg

Or why nasa needs to use a camera lens that curves images and also creates the illusion of great height.

Or why the land covers about 70% of the globes surface in photos.

earth curve.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
pofessor dave need to quit playing with computers and creating all these computer animated illustrations,
where only the globe earth exist. And start explaining why photos from a weather balloon at 24 miles high is the same distance from earth as photos from the iss at 250+ miles high.

https://www.google.com/search?q=iss+photos+of+earth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+balloon+photos+of+earth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Or maybe he can explain how the red bull jump (at 19-20 miles high) is the same distance from earth as the iss (at 250+ miles high)

View attachment 271421

View attachment 271420

Or why nasa needs to use a camera lens that curves images and also creates the illusion of great height.

Or why the land covers about 70% of the globes surface in photos.

View attachment 271426
I hate to break this to you, but the fisheye argument does not work.

Upvote 0