NW England
✟1,050,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess if science would come out with a theory that God is not a Trinity.

Many believers in the Trinity, would change their belief from believing that God exist as a Trinity, to not believing God exist as a Trinity. So they could square their beliefs with science.

Really? You think Christians are so fickle that they are looking for an excuse not to believe in God and trust in science?
I doubt you could ever prove that - but you won't need to, because science will never be able to disprove a relationship.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is round, but if it were flat with a dome or a cube wouldn't bother me. It's irrelevant to creation, sin and why the world needed a savour. The world needs Jesus and that is what is important, not the shape of the world. Maybe it's a giant potato. ^_^
I'm voting truncated cone.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are a number of verses that speak of the plurality of God.
Genesis 1:26 - "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness". The word for God is in its plural form here.
Genesis 11:6-7 - "The Lord said ..... 'let us go down and confuse their language'."
Isaiah 6:8 - "Who will go for us?"

The Christian Gospel is about the fact that the Word, who is God, became flesh - God himself took on flesh, and God himself paid the price for our sin.
Jesus told his disciples to baptise in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19-20.
The Father, he Son and the Spirit are all God, yet there is only one God.

I read the Bible and see God as a Trinity.
I do not read the Bible and see, or learn, that the earth is flat.

The Bible says that God created the world and the universe.
It does not teach any more than that; it does not talk of other planets and the earth's position in relation to them. It doesn't talk about the nature and structure of the Solar system; only says that God made it.

Satanic lie? What Satanic lie?
I am certain that Satan wants to keep people's eyes off Jesus and uses any academic debate or niggling argument he can think of to distract us from God. But he doesn't care about the shape of the earth, or anything - as long as it's not cross shaped, because that's where his power was broken.

The King is among us and in us - if we ask him to be - and wants us to proclaim his kingdom and take it everywhere.

GOD made outer space.
Genesis makes it clear that God created everything. John 1:1-3 makes it clear that nothing was created without Jesus.

Not one time does the Bible say God created a universe. But over and over the Bible sates God created heaven and earth.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not one time does the Bible say God created a universe. But over and over the Bible sates God created heaven and earth.
The "universe" means "everything that exists". You saying that God created heaven and earth, but not everything that exists? Howzat work?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously, it is called the globe for a reason. It is not a cosmic Frisbee. If it was not a globe, there would be very little mass and therefore little gravity. We would have no atmosphere, no water and no life.
Both gravity and mass are lies perpetrated by the Illuminati.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why is it that i can conduct long ocean transits using spherical trigonometry? I can plot a celestial fix using spherical trig. On a flat earth, this wouldn't be possible. Given a flat earth, a great circle voyage route should never get a boat from point A to B on long voyages.
Have you done any of that, or are you just repeating what somebody has told you?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How come?
People have sailed and flown for miles - someone must have at least spotted the edge of the world.
That’s not even the common viewpoint of “the flat earth”. You’re thinking in terms of how society conditions us to think of the flat earth.

there is no edge to fall off of.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.