Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, it is the force of attraction between two masses.

Oh, you mean "physics"..

And yet there is a force of 9.8m/s/s between all objects and the surface of the earth. Is the flat earth accelerating upwards at ever increasing velocity? If that is the case we are travelling multiple times the speed of light and still increasing speed. We are well beyond the "ludicrous speed" of Space Balls.

Only on the globe is it a "force". On the FE.. it's just .... "down".

And, this "gravity" is so strong.. that it can hold molecules of the atmosphere from getting sucked into the vacuum of space.. Yet, it is gentle enough to allow a balloon to float up up and away...

The compass needle aligns itself with the magnetic lines of flux which exist between two poles, north and south. Sprinkle iron filings on a surface with a magnet underneath and you can clearly see the lines of flux. FE theories do not explain a radial magnetic field.

That is true.. but... there is no "pull" toward the south pole.. All compasses are designed to align with magnetic north... The needle is not pulled to the south.. it goes opposite to the north pointing end. It cannot help it.

The atmosphere is measureably lower pressure the higher you go. In a sealed enclosure of the FE dome, pressure should be equal. It isn't. The FE theory fails.

There you go using globe physics in a FE model. It's called buoyancy.

Not true as I have shown. Flat earth fails every time.
OK, good for you. Guess they are all wrong and the FE movement will now die.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So no physics, they just do, because they just do?

That is such a compelling argument :doh:
According to the bible, God put them there..

Genesis 1:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

I don't know how God would do that.. I just know that He said that He set them there.. It would not be the first mystery of this universe.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And yet you do?
I didn't say that anything was "not" the purpose of scripture.. Scripture has purposes that we don't even know yet.. I do know some of the things that "are" the purpose of scripture but would never say that something was "not" the purpose of scripture.. just because it voids my argument.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I suggest you carefully re-read what I actually said.

OK, lets carefully re-read it:
chilehed said:
"Whenever I get into a conversation with flat earthers I quickly begin to feel like I'm talking with people who have taken a lot of psilocybin."

So, let's see what "psilocybin" is: from.... Psilocybin - Alcohol and Drug Foundation

Psilocybin or magic mushrooms are naturally occurring and are consumed for their hallucinogenic effects. They belong to a group of drugs known as psychedelics,

So, I stand by my statement that you were stating that they are on drugs.

Wrong. Not merely my opinion. It's a proven fact.
We're not talking about personal opinions. We're talking about objective reality: facts.

If it was proven fact.. you should be able to show your proof. There are some holes in the FE model.. that is for sure.. but.. the globe is not a perfect model either and it can be questioned as well.

One thing I know for sure.. the people that do know.. are not telling us all the truth.

If I told you that I was of the firm opinion that your skin is purple with pink stripes, would you agree that it is?

Oh good one.. not sure how to counter that.. Guess I'm beat. That is such a direct parallel to the argument here in regards to the FE.

Look, all sarcasm aside. I understand your state of mind and your opinion on this subject. I still don't understand the angst toward the FE model.

They have a different view than you and they have evidence that they feel supports it. You disagree with it.. Well, they disagree with you and that is their right.

Upvote 0

ILiekCatz

Jan 31, 2020
Leipzig
✟17,446.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, the thing is that Earth-as-a-nigh-spherical-object is not a new model invented by NASA. After the Greeks calculated the Earth to be round, every educated man who had direct or indirect contact with Greco-Roman civilisation held that the Earth was round. Even the church agreed, but everyone believed in a geocentric model: other celestial bodies revolve around the Earth. This until the 15-16th centuries. It's not really a modern thing. It's not the government lying to you. Not in this case, at least.

Upvote 0

ILiekCatz

Jan 31, 2020
Leipzig
✟17,446.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A globe earth is a pagan/satanic invention.
except, before the calculating of the earth as a sphere-like object, the pagan greeks believed in a flat earth model as well, as did all other pagan societies around the world.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
except, before the calculating of the earth as a sphere-like object, the pagan greeks believed in a flat earth model as well, as did all other pagan societies around the world.

I never said they did not, but the Greeks not being a believer in the Hebrew God, were a great choice for satan to began this deception.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Only on the globe is it a "force". On the FE.. it's just .... "down".
Magic, in other words
And, this "gravity" is so strong.. that it can hold molecules of the atmosphere from getting sucked into the vacuum of space.. Yet, it is gentle enough to allow a balloon to float up up and away...
Pressure is related to the energy of gas molecules. The higher the energy, the higher the pressure. Gas molecules in the upper reaches of the atmosphere have very little energy and are easily held by the earth's gravity. The balloon is filled with a gas that less dense than the volume of air it displaces, so it is pushed up until it reaches a point of equilibrium or the balloon bursts. They don't simply keep going up into space. Submarines use the same principle to be able to float at different depths under the water.
That is true.. but... there is no "pull" toward the south pole.. All compasses are designed to align with magnetic north... The needle is not pulled to the south.. it goes opposite to the north pointing end. It cannot help it.
First you agree and then you spout complete nonsense.
There you go using globe physics in a FE model. It's called buoyancy.
Buoyancy is what causes balloons to float in the air and stop submarines from sinking. It has nothing to do with air pressure.
OK, good for you. Guess they are all wrong and the FE movement will now die.
Unfortunately you can't kill stupidity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

water1997

Feb 10, 2020
Massachusetts
✟1,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the thing is that Earth-as-a-nigh-spherical-object is not a new model invented by NASA. After the Greeks calculated the Earth to be round, every educated man who had direct or indirect contact with Greco-Roman civilisation held that the Earth was round. Even the church agreed, but everyone believed in a geocentric model: other celestial bodies revolve around the Earth. This until the 15-16th centuries. It's not really a modern thing. It's not the government lying to you. Not in this case, at least.
I said the same thing earlier.. Greek guy measured the earth.. And it wasn't some new theory.. Everyone casually knew it was round and he just was the one to measure it. But.. so why did the bible say it was flat? Did they say it was flat.. or is it technically FLAT to us mortals...... Because from where we stand technically it is flat... We aren't meant to know it's round... This is our world and to us it's flat

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Christianity is rip and getting riper for deception.

Globe earth was first, then came evolution now on its way is UFO's and all sorts of lies along with the many false ways that are being preached, on how to have eternal life.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I said the same thing earlier.. Greek guy measured the earth.. And it wasn't some new theory.. Everyone casually knew it was round and he just was the one to measure it. But.. so why did the bible say it was flat? Did they say it was flat.. or is it technically FLAT to us mortals...... Because from where we stand technically it is flat... We aren't meant to know it's round... This is our world and to us it's flat
The Bible doesn't say the earth is flat. It describes creation in terms appropriate to the people at the time. Genesis doesn't describe Satan in the garden of Eden but instead refers to the serpent. It is only centuries later that it was revealed that the serpent was actually a fallen angel. If creation had been described as we now know it, it would have been too much for people whose experience of the world was literally only as far as they could see. They also had a tendancy to worship the created rather than the creator, so God only revealed what was appropriate for them at that time.

Upvote 0

water1997

Feb 10, 2020
Massachusetts
✟1,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible doesn't say the earth is flat. It describes creation in terms appropriate to the people at the time. Genesis doesn't describe Satan in the garden of Eden but instead refers to the serpent. It is only centuries later that it was revealed that the serpent was actually a fallen angel. If creation had been described as we now know it, it would have been too much for people whose experience of the world was literally only as far as they could see. They also had a tendancy to worship the created rather than the creator, so God only revealed what was appropriate for them at that time.
Yeah? And how do ,you know that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
OK, lets carefully re-read it:
chilehed said:
"Whenever I get into a conversation with flat earthers I quickly begin to feel like I'm talking with people who have taken a lot of psilocybin."...

So, I stand by my statement that you were stating that they are on drugs...
And I stand by my statement that you need to more carefully read what I actually said.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 20:9
They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

breadth: platos, broad plain, width

Will the earth be restored to one land mass for the 1000 year millennium. As it was created by God in Genesis 1

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What do you think is the shape of the Earth?

Is it a circular, relatively flat disk with a dome (firmament) over it. Or is it a ball in space?

Based on my reading of the scriptures, it is the former. However, I want to hear what you have to say.
When did the shape of the earth become important?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.