Flat Earth.... flame free, please.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I've seen it with my own eyes while sitting on the beach in Miami.
What most people everywhere "see with their own eyes" is deception,
so that doesn't count as evidence of truth.

Flat earth was easily discounted for thousands of years, until man came up with "many devices" (falsehoods) trusting someone other that God.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What most people everywhere "see with their own eyes" is deception,
so that doesn't count as evidence of truth.
And yet when you see that the road ahead of your car curves to the left or right, I'm sure you turn the wheel to match it.

In the same way, I have seen the curvature of the Earth with my own eyes, and only a fool disbelieves God's gift of sight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone in this thread brought up the following obvious points?

#1) If the Earth is flat, why not simply go to the edge and take a picture? We have airplanes, boats, etc. SHould be fairly easy to do. So what is the FE excuse of not doing so?
--Seriously, if you think about all the energy and creative ways they have for ignoring, discounting, hand-waiving away obvious truths, how could that same energy NOT be spent on requiring photos of the edge of the Earth? In fact, you'd only need 1/100th of 1% of the "denying Earth is round" energy in order to disprove the Earth is Flat...

#2) If the Sky is a solid, why not take a rocket up to the top and collect a sample of this firmament?

#3) How do FE-ers discount obvious rocket videos that are created monthly by the hundreds. Here is a quick one from a few years ago

it takes some serious creative denial to believe in FE.

I had a dream about this the other night. I dreamed I was a Scrooge McDuck Super Rich Trillionaire and I was on TV debating with some FE-er types that were convinced that there was no space etc. So, I built a rocket with a shuttle bay and I invited a 100 flat earthers to come on board. I also invited them to bring their cameras and video recorders etc. We Live Streamed the whole thing, I took them to the moon and they walked around, saw the Earth etc...

BUT...

they were all convinced that it was faked. They argued that the reality was that I built a giant studio and that the rocket merely flew them to a remote location on Earth at night were I docked with the giant studio. They then said that the set was an elaborate vacuum tank. Then I said, "Oh yeah, what about the reduced gravity???".
They replied that the explanation was obvious, that the government had anti-gravity devices that they developed in secret in order to construct the elaborate studio to fool flat earthers.

I literally woke up from my dream laughing, I laughed myself awake...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hebrews 11 MSG - Faith in What We Don't See - The - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+11&version=MSG

11 1-2 The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm ... He had his eye on the One no eye can see, and kept right on going.
-----------------------------------------
2 Corinthians 4:18 NIV - So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, - Bible ...
2 Corinthians 4:18...NIV - - Bible Gateway

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
------------------------------------------
2 Corinthians 5:7 - Bible Gateway
2 Corinthians 5:7 - Bible Gateway

for we walk by faith, not by sight [living our lives in a manner consistent with our confident ... We live by what we believe will happen, not by what we can see.
------------------------------------------

There's a lot more importance on what is not seen,
all through our lives,
as Yahweh states clearly in Scripture.

If everyone saw clearly what /as/ Yahweh reveals , spiritually,
there would be no argument (perhaps) ... men are so wicked, there might be ongoing arguments anyway.....

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Has anyone in this thread brought up the following obvious points?

#1) If the Earth is flat, why not simply go to the edge and take a picture? We have airplanes, boats, etc. SHould be fairly easy to do. So what is the FE excuse of not doing so?
--Seriously, if you think about all the energy and creative ways they have for ignoring, discounting, hand-waiving away obvious truths, how could that same energy NOT be spent on requiring photos of the edge of the Earth? In fact, you'd only need 1/100th of 1% of the "denying Earth is round" energy in order to disprove the Earth is Flat...

#2) If the Sky is a solid, why not take a rocket up to the top and collect a sample of this firmament?

#3) How do FE-ers discount obvious rocket videos that are created monthly by the hundreds. Here is a quick one from a few years ago

it takes some serious creative denial to believe in FE.
1. There is a global conspiracy that prevents anyone who is interested in the "Truth" (meaning: the Flat Earth) from going to the edge. "Proof" for that is that travel to Antarctica is rather strictly regulated... and those who manage to travel can of course never be sure that they really are where they are claimed to have been shipped to. Might be a studio somewhere in Greenland, right?
And everyone who tries to travel to Antarctica on their own is captured and executed by the giant NASA / UNO / Illuminati fleet patroling the 125.000 km coastline of the so-called "Antarctic Continent".

2. "Mad Mike" Hughes is actively trying to do that (well, he wants to see the curve from his rocket, but if he can reach the dome... the better.) He has already managed to reach the incredible height of 572 meters... only some 12,000,000 or so more to go.... depending on what number for the "dome" you accept.

3. CGI. All CGI. What do you think NASA uses the millions of dollars for they get? For rockets? No, all is spend on giant computers doing nothing but spitting out CGI footage of the ISS, Earth from Space, Hubble, Mars-Missions and the lost Toy Story sequel.

;)
Note: all of these claims and endeavours have really been made by Flat Earthers. Well, not the Toy Story one... but the do claim that Walt Disney was responsible for the Moon landing fakes.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Thread head to be cleaned due to off topic posting.
Please keep the thread on the topic of Flat Earth cosmology versus Round Earth.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the earlier Church thought these ideas of the shape and position of the earth were important enough to condemn people to death by burning for heresy.

Actually, nobody was "burned for heresy" on any aspect of "the shape and position of the earth."

If you're thinking of Giordano Bruno, he was condemned for other things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, north-south circumnavigation. In theory, I suppose, on a globe. Funny thing is that it has yet to be done.

It's been done, but not all at once. In particular, Antarctica has been crossed several times.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

But did he cross via the South Pole, the way that the 1955–58 Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition did?

Antarctica_CTAE.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0