Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lets the waters are behind all the stars that are, according to science
(The closest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.24 light-years away. A light-year is 9.44 trillion km, or 5.88 trillion miles. That is an incredibly large distance.)

So those waters traveled immeasurable amount of distance to flood the earth. When God opened up the windows of heaven

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened..

How do you know it was the waters above that became rain and helped flood the earth? My friend, you're speculating.
According to Psalms...that water is still there.

and again stars that are trillion+ miles away are going to fall to earth (like figs falling from a tree).

In Job the angels are called stars. Job 38:7
Rev 1:20 and 2:1 speaks of 7 stars.
Jude 1:13 speaks of wandering stars.

Just what are those stars that fall? Who knows.

This Dr was extremely unsure of what he was saying not a very confident presentation. Looked like he was trying his best to actually believe what he was saying but, in the back of his mind he knows that it simply does not agree with the Bible.

The sad and bored audience did not help either.

That's nothing but unsupported opinion.

He said God called the expanse heavens (15:16 video).

Wrong the expanse was called by God heaven. Which equals sky (the seen heaven as opposed to the other two heavens that are not seen.

And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

Go back to Psalms 148:7...read it again. Then tell me where the waters were.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks! I have yet to have heard of a satisfactory explanation. Though I still have some unsolved issues about it Like how intense is the radiation in teh Belt, what is the safe time limit for that level of radiatiojn fo rthey8 were only minimally protected.
I've seen video about how we never went to the moon. The used the belt as a reason why...saying the radiation would fry the guys in the spacecraft. The video the switched to scenes of Hiroshima with people suffering from radiation poisoning. I thought, how ignorant of them.

I'm sure if you spent some time googling the radiation levels and how long they were in the belt you could find out the answer.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How do you know it was the waters above that became rain and helped flood the earth? My friend, you're speculating.
According to Psalms...that water is still there.

In Job the angels are called stars. Job 38:7
Rev 1:20 and 2:1 speaks of 7 stars.
Jude 1:13 speaks of wandering stars.

Just what are those stars that fall? Who knows.

That's nothing but unsupported opinion.

Go back to Psalms 148:7...read it again. Then tell me where the waters were.

My comment had nothing to do with Psalms 148

If you will go back and watch the video at 15:07 to 15:17 The Dr quotes Genesis 1:8 He states by the way just so we understood what the expanse was God called the expanse heavens.

Genesis 1:8 does not say heavens Genesis 1:8 states God called the expanse heaven.

And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

Genesis 1:8 God recorded account of His creation states that He separated the waters with the raqia that he call heaven not heavens.

In Genesis 1:20 the same heaven is stated to be where the birds fly across the face of the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault). The same raqia that separates the waters in Genesis 1:6 and the same raqia in Genesis 1:8 that God named heaven. It is the same heaven where God placed the sun, moon and stars.

raqia=heaven=the visible sky.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My comment had nothing to do with Psalms 148

If you will go back and watch the video at 15:07 to 15:17 The Dr quotes Genesis 1:8 He states by the way just so we understood what the expanse was God called the expanse heavens.

Genesis 1:8 does not say heavens Genesis 1:8 states God called the expanse heaven.

Genesis 1:8 God recorded account of His creation states that He separated the waters with the raqia that he call heaven not heavens.

In Genesis 1:20 the same heaven is stated to be where the birds fly across the face of the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault). The same raqia that separates the waters in Genesis 1:6 and the same raqia in Genesis 1:8 that God named heaven. It is the same heaven where God placed the sun, moon and stars.

raqia=heaven=the visible sky.

Your model should have to do with Psalms 148. It's a clue.

At this time in creation there were no stars. The heavens had not been spread out yet.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Your model should have to do with Psalms 148. It's a clue.

At this time in creation there were no stars. The heavens had not been spread out yet.

Psalms 148 praise Him, you heavens of heavens,
And you waters above the heavens!

heaven of heaven indicates the highest of heavens, if the water is above the heavens of heavens in Psalms 148:4. Then why is that not stated when in the second part of the verse, the Bible states waters above the heavens.

Which the heavens in the second part can be read as the same heaven that God calls the raqia (firmament, vault, expanse) and would be supported by Genesis 1

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 148 praise Him, you heavens of heavens,

heaven of heaven indicates the highest of heavens, if the water is above the heavens of heavens in Psalms 148:4. Then why is that not stated when in the second part of the verse, the Bible states waters above the heavens.

Which the heavens in the second part can be read as the same heaven that God calls the raqia (firmament, vault, expanse) and would be supported by Genesis 1
You seem to miss the part where God said he stretched out the heavens like a tent:
Isaiah 45:12 I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.
Psalms 104:2 He wraps Himself in light as with a garment; He stretches out the heavens like a tent,

What you have presented stops short of this event. The waters were pushed out to deep space like Psalm 148 says they are.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've seen video about how we never went to the moon. The used the belt as a reason why...saying the radiation would fry the guys in the spacecraft. The video the switched to scenes of Hiroshima with people suffering from radiation poisoning. I thought, how ignorant of them.

I'm sure if you spent some time googling the radiation levels and how long they were in the belt you could find out the answer.

I will Thanks! I am insatiably curious about this kind of stuff!

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You seem to miss the part where God said he stretched out the heavens like a tent:
Isaiah 45:12 I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.
Psalms 104:2 He wraps Himself in light as with a garment; He stretches out the heavens like a tent,

What you have presented stops short of this event. The waters were pushed out to deep space like Psalm 148 says they are.

Psalm does not say that, oh sure if a person has a belief they are trying to make the Bible fit then they can say that. But Genesis 1 shows that would be an incorrect understanding of Psalms 148.

A tent does not go on and on and on
nothing from those verses indicate deep space, that is just added to, to make a belief about the Bible appear to be in the Bible and agree with pagan science.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is the near complete consensus of YEC scientists. It has also been given lots of credibility by evidence there are huge ice fields in space.

But as for God stretching ot the heavens- that phrase is in the Qal Perfect which means it was an event that began in the past and continues on . IOW The bible declared an expanding universe millenia before unbelieving man found out about it!~

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm does not say that, oh sure if a person has a belief they are trying to make the Bible fit then they can say that. But Genesis 1 shows that would be an incorrect understanding of Psalms 148.

nothing from those verses indicate deep space, that is just added to, to make a belief about the Bible appear to be in the Bible and agree with pagan science.

A tent is simply an example brought to human proportion to describe how the heavens were stretched out. In other words the charateristic of making a tent taught is similar to how God made the universe taught.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the near complete consensus of YEC scientists. It has also been given lots of credibility by evidence there are huge ice fields in space.

But as for God stretching ot the heavens- that phrase is in the Qal Perfect which means it was an event that began in the past and continues on . IOW The bible declared an expanding universe millenia before unbelieving man found out about it!~

I presented a video here. You might find it interesting if you have the time to watch it.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes they do- though the original writers did not know all they were speaking of! God did! It took mankind nearly 6,000 years to find out how vast God stretched the heavens and they are still stretching!

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes they do- though the original writers did not know all they were speaking of! God did! It took mankind nearly 6,000 years to find out how vast God stretched the heavens and they are still stretching!

That is just a lame excuse (though the original writers did not know all they were speaking of!)
They knew more about Gods creation that any one alive today.

So Gods plan is/was to keep everyone in the dark about His creation until pagan science can explain it to everyone. So when Psalms 19:1 states the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault) shows Gods handiwork. That verse actually means in 6000 years when science explores outer space, then the raqia will show Gods handiwork.

I believe christians will just about go to any lengthen to be accepted by pagan science. Even that Dr. is fooling himself if he thinks any science person will ever accept these ideas/writings he proposes.

In the science community i am sure he is just a joke

I will post the verse
Praise Him, you heavens of heavens,

If the waters were above the heaven of heavens, the second half of the verse would have stated waters above the heavens of heavens.

But instead the second half of the verse states waters above the heavens. Just like where birds fly

Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.”

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
A tent is simply an example brought to human proportion to describe how the heavens were stretched out. In other words the charateristic of making a tent taught is similar to how God made the universe taught.

God had the Hebrews make a home for Him when they left Egypt.

Could the tent God had the Hebrews build be a small model for God's heaven and earth

Biblical Tabernacle is Nothing Like What You Think, Says Bible-Savvy Engineer [PHOTOS]

Project 314 - Sharing the Key to God's House

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like Humphrys model...where the heavens are no longer stretching.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God had the Hebrews make a home for Him when they left Egypt.

Could the tent God had the Hebrews build be a small model for God's heaven and earth

Biblical Tabernacle is Nothing Like What You Think, Says Bible-Savvy Engineer [PHOTOS]

Project 314 - Sharing the Key to God's House
I'm not really going to debate this with you anymore as your interpretation of expanse has been shown to fail.
You still have to explain the power line example as well as the ship mast on the previous page...as well as the other scientific data provided.

Yes, bible is truth...but you must interpret the bible correctly....and your flat earth model expanse verse is incorrect.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like Humphrys model...where the heavens are no longer stretching.

But if the current theories are correct- the universe is still stretching (expanding) and that would fit perfectly with the verb context in the hebrew for many of the "stretched out" verses.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But if the current theories are correct- the universe is still stretching (expanding) and that would fit perfectly with the verb context in the hebrew for many of the "stretched out" verses.
Stretched out sounds like God stopped. It doesn't say He is stretching out. Well, that's how I read it.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stretched out sounds like God stopped. It doesn't say He is stretching out. Well, that's how I read it.

Well a casual reading in English would suggest that.

But the verb stretcheth is in the Qal Perfect which means that it is an event that started in the past and is still ongoing!

• Haha
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0