Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I state my position that i believe, Gods creation is not what science says. and I use the Bible along with photos i have taken. But even though i have ask question in the past about of things science says i do not approach this from a scientific angle. Will not post experiments i have conducted, etc.. (i do not, don't care to, conduct experiments).
I see the sun moving in the sky (raqia, 1st heaven) most everyday along with the moon and stars. I see a moon which is a lesser light as the Bible states.

I am not a scientist, i am a visual artist, any photography i do would come under art. I simply photographed/recorded stars God created did not do any science experiments .

And i do not believe i said anything about anybody else posting photos or not to post photos. I just believe photos (if that is what they are) showing a globe earth are not real.

Compass Directions East & West and Psalm 103:12.

I am thankful for CF poster "Brad B" for this discovery. He said, I quote:

"...God said He would remember our sins no more that they would be taken away as far as the East is to the West. Notice He didn't say North is to South because each of those positions would have an ending on a globe. However the directions of East and West have no ends on a globe." ~ Quote by: Brad B.​

This is from Psalms 103, and it says,

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." (Psalms 103:12).​

It is true there are no points for an East or West. However, there are points for a North and South. They are called the North and South poles for a reason on our spherical Earth. But on a Flat Earth, South is outward in all directions on a Flat disk. On a Flat Earth: The South is an infinite circle (sort of like a pizza crust) and it does not have any one ending point exactly. Granted, while God's Word is not a Science book, we should see it line up with Scientific truths because God created the Science of our universe. So when the Bible talks about Scientific things like North, South, East, and West, we would expect to see the truth of God's Word support the physical real world we live on in light of the truth of God's Word; And in this case, Psalms 103:12 makes more sense with a spherical Earth than a Flat Earth.

Side Note:

Oh, and I am also not intending Psalms 103:12 to be the one and only verse that refutes a Flat Earth. I believe it is merely one link in a Scriptural chain of evidences (of which I hope glorifies Jesus Christ).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I state my position that i believe, Gods creation is not what science says. and I use the Bible along with photos i have taken. But even though i have ask question in the past about of things science says i do not approach this from a scientific angle. Will not post experiments i have conducted, etc.. (i do not, don't care to, conduct experiments).
I see the sun moving in the sky (raqia, 1st heaven) most everyday along with the moon and stars. I see a moon which is a lesser light as the Bible states.

I am not a scientist, i am a visual artist, any photography i do would come under art. I simply photographed/recorded stars God created did not do any science experiments .

And i do not believe i said anything about anybody else posting photos or not to post photos. I just believe photos (if that is what they are) showing a globe earth are not real.

Ships and Buildings go down into the distance as you get farther away from them.

ship.gif

Note: Flat Earth theorists object that these things reappear back into view with a high powered telescope or binoculars. This is clearly false. They are more than likely standing up or going to a high elevation to see the ship reappear. Stand up and you will see the sun set again. Note: see: Help with a debate about curvature and distance calculations. Also, there are underground miles long linear accelerators and the Lake Pontchartrain Power Lines which proves that the Earth is curved, as well. Check out the Spoiler:

The linear accelerator in the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory is 2 miles long and it needs to be actually straight and not follow the curvature of the earth, otherwise the electrons will hit into the walls and the whole thing won't work. The curvature of the Earth is something like "8 inches a mile". Therefore the center of the accelerator is in fact closer to the Earth's center than the edges by about 8 inches.

This is also true for J-PARC (Japan Proton Accelerator Complex). Here's some documents on how curvature does matter while building that facility:

Underground_movement.gif

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/econf/C06092511/presents/TU004_PPT.PDF
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/econf/C04100411/papers/010.PDF

Source:
Why do bridge designs account for the Earth's curvature?

Lake_Pontchartrain_power_lines_demonstrating_the_curvature_Metabunk.jpg

A classic experiment to demonstrate the curvature of a body of water is to place markers (like flags) a fixed distance above the water in a straight line, and then view them along that line in a telescope. If the water surface is flat then the markers will appear also in a straight line. If the surface of the water is curved (as it is here on Earth) then the markers in the middle will appear higher than the markers at the ends. Here's a highly exaggerated diagram of the effect by Alfred Russel Wallace in 1870:

New_Diagram.jpg

This is a difficult experiment to do as you need a few miles for the curvature to be apparent. You also need the markers to be quite high above the surface of the water, as temperature differences between the water and the air tend to create significant refraction effects close to the water.

However Youtuber Soundly has found a spot where there's a very long line of markers permanently fixed at constant heights above the water line, clearly demonstrating the curve. It's a line of power transmission towers at Lake Pontchartrain, near New Orleans, Louisiana.

New_one.jpg

One objection you might make is that the towers could be curving to the right. However the same curve is apparent from both sides, so it can only be curving over the horizon.

New_new_new_one.jpg

Source:
Soundly Proving the Curvature of the Earth at Lake Pontchartrain

• Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

People live in the South Pole, and can provide 24 hours of video footage of daylight (Which is not possible on a Flat Earth because the Flat Earth sun goes around the crust of the pizza or what Flat Earthers believe is the South pole). Please see the very 1st image within this post. You will see the white outer edge of their flat disc is what they believe is the South pole. You will notice that the sun does not illuminate the entire outer white ring on their Flat Earth map. This is why do not believe the South pole can have 24 hours of daylight (Despite video footage and eye witness account proving otherwise).

Flat Earthers claim we cannot visit Antarctica, and yet, we can travel there: 3 Ways to Travel to Antarctica - wikiHow

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus stated stars will fall to earth like figs falling from a tree.
That is correct because stars are lights high in the raqia (2000+,- miles up).

And not billions of light years away

Nope. Jesus said stars will fall from the sky, but Jesus did not say stars fell down to the ground like fig trees. You are referring to Revelation 6:13. John was recording what he seen his vision.

Besides, Stars can be seen in outer-space in low Earth orbit at night time with a camera on a weather balloon. This footage (from their weather balloon) was recorded by private citizens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nope.

Stars can be seen in outer-space in low Earth orbit at night time with a camera on a weather balloon. This footage (from their weather balloon) was recorded by private citizens.

Nope what, are you saying Jesus did not say that.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope what, are you saying Jesus did not say that.

Where on Earth do you think Jesus said that?
Yes, Jesus said the stars will fall from the sky, but He did not say that that stars fell from the sky like fig trees. That was Revelation 6:13. Jesus also did not say that the stars are imbedded in the atmosphere when he said that the stars will fall from the sky. Stars can still fall from the sky even with the stars being in outer space. From our vantage point, the stars can appear to fall out of the sky. Besides, stop and think for a moment. What do amateur weather balloon explorers of space have to gain by lying about Earth's orbit?
What is their motivation? Is NASA paying them? For what purpose?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Where on Earth do you think Jesus said that?
Besides, stop and think for a moment. What do amateur weather balloon explorers of space have to gain by lying about Earth's orbit?
What is their motivation? Is NASA paying them? For what purpose?

Where on earth some where in Israel, location does not matter where Jesus said it.
Either you believe that Jesus speaks the truth at all times or you judge Jesus words by science to see if they are true and that sounds like what you are doing.

What weather balloons go up about 20 miles, and they prove nothing. I have seen just as many pictures of the earth from a weather balloon that is flat and a large plain.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where on earth some where in Israel, location does not matter where Jesus said it.
Either you believe that Jesus speaks the truth at all times or you judge Jesus words by science to see if they are true and that sounds like what you are doing.

Actually, I was referring to a specific Bible verse of where you think Jesus made a reference to how stars are imbedded in the atmosphere. Jesus also did not say that the stars fell from the sky like fig trees. Yes, Jesus said that the stars will fall from the sky in the Olivet discourse but he mentions nothing about how the stars will fall from the sky like fig trees. You are thinking of Revelation 6:13.

You said:
What weather balloons go up about 20 miles, and they prove nothing. I have seen just as many pictures of the earth from a weather balloon that is flat and a large plain.

So these guys are lying? Is the video footage they recorded a lie? If so, what could be the possible motivation behind them fabricating such evidence?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Actually, I was referring to a specific Bible verse of where you think Jesus made a reference to how stars are imbedded in the atmosphere. Jesus also did not say that the stars fell from the sky like fig trees. Yes, Jesus said that the stars will fall from the sky in the Olivet discourse but he mentions nothing about how the stars will fall from the sky like fig trees. You are thinking of Revelation 6:13.

So these guys are lying? Is the video footage they recorded a lie? If so, what could be the possible motivation behind them fabricating such evidence?

The heaven spoken of in these verses below (Mark, Matthew, Revelation) is the same heaven in Genesis 1:8.

Which is the raqia God created in Genesis 1:6 that separates the waters and that God named in Genesis 1:8 heaven. The same as also in Psalms 19:1 which is the raqia that is stated as showing Gods handiwork.

Notice this is the visible heaven of the heavens, the other two heavens cannot be seen by man from earth. unless God give them a look Ezekiel 1

And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it.

Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.
(firmament in Ezekiel 1:26 is the same raqia as in Psalms 19:1, Genesis 1:6,8,14,15,16,17 and 20)

Raqia = shamayim

Isaiah
All the host of heaven shall rot away, and the skies roll up like a scroll. All their host shall fall, as leaves fall from the vine, like leaves falling from the fig tree.

Mark 13
the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

Matthew
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Revelation
And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

If what a person is saying about Gods creation and what they are saying does not agree with the Bible then you can call it lying or you can call it not believing the Bible and taking mans testimony over the Bible.

But if a person (scientist, politician, etc..) knows that they have not been to the moon and that the sun. moon and stars are located in the sky above earth and that they cannot go but 20 miles up in into the sky.
Then they continue to say otherwise, then yes they are lying.

• Informative
Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The heaven spoken of in these verses below (Mark, Matthew, Revelation) is the same heaven in Genesis 1:8.

Which is the raqia God created in Genesis 1:6 that separates the waters and that God named in Genesis 1:8 heaven. The same as also in Psalms 19:1 which is the raqia that is stated as showing Gods handiwork.

Notice this is the visible heaven of the heavens, the other two heavens cannot be seen by man from earth. unless God give them a look Ezekiel 1

And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it.

Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.
(firmament in Ezekiel 1:26 is the same raqia as in Psalms 19:1, Genesis 1:6,8,14,15,16,17 and 20)

Raqia = shamayim

Isaiah
All the host of heaven shall rot away, and the skies roll up like a scroll. All their host shall fall, as leaves fall from the vine, like leaves falling from the fig tree.

Mark 13

Matthew
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Revelation
And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

If what a person is saying about Gods creation and what they are saying does not agree with the Bible then you can call it lying or you can call it not believing the Bible and taking mans testimony over the Bible.

But if a person (scientist, politician, etc..) knows that they have not been to the moon and that the sun. moon and stars are located in the sky above earth and that they cannot go but 20 miles up in into the sky.

I gave you verses and evidences that should make it obvious. But I am not interested in debating Scripture involving something that is so obvious to most people. You say people are lying about their documentations of space, etc. While men can lie, there is nothing logical in it for them to gain by lying about such a thing. You have to come up with a believable explanation as to why they might want to lie. We should also expect to see Flat Earth people doing the same experiments with things looking differently (so as to support their agenda), too. But we don't. The Earth is not flat. I am sorry to inform you. It is just not reality, friend.

Good day to you in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only thing that I am curious about is how high they are going up? Will they pass the van allen belt?

I have iossues with all the lunar flights simply because there has been no adequate answer as to how NASA protected the astronauts from the massive radiation of the Belt. I believe they all went and came back, but this bother me .

They wern't in the radiation belt for a long time. They also flew threw the belt where the levels were lower.

Light a candle and hold your finger in the flame and it gets burn't. Pass your finger through the flame quickly and you feel no or little heat.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Raqia = shamayim

Isaiah

Mark 13

Matthew

Revelation

Psalms 148:7 Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!

Waters above the heavens?

2 Corinthians 12:2 speaks of 3 heavens.
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows.

Gen 1:7
And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse from the waters that were above the expanse. And it was so.

The waters above the expanse..are way out there.

You can start at min 17.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Flat earth, 6k earth, all hogwash.

Massive, MASSIVE, misinterpretation of scripture. GIGANTIC, misinterpretation of scripture
Why don't you open up your bible and add up the ancestral linages of Christ presented in the bible like Bishop Ussher did?

What will you do when you arrive at a 6K year old earth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Psalms 148:7 Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!

Waters above the heavens?

2 Corinthians 12:2 speaks of 3 heavens.
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows.

Gen 1:7
And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse from the waters that were above the expanse. And it was so.

The waters above the expanse..are way out there.

You can start at min 17.

Lets the waters are behind all the stars that are, according to science
(The closest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.24 light-years away. A light-year is 9.44 trillion km, or 5.88 trillion miles. That is an incredibly large distance.)

So those waters traveled immeasurable amount of distance to flood the earth. When God opened up the windows of heaven.

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

and again stars that are trillion+ miles away are going to fall to earth (like figs falling from a tree).

This Dr was extremely unsure of what he was saying not a very confident presentation. Looked like he was trying his best to actually believe what he was saying but, in the back of his mind he knows that it simply does not agree with the Bible.

The sad and bored audience did not help either.

He said God called the expanse heavens (15:16 video).

Wrong the expanse was called by God heaven. Which equals sky (the seen heaven as opposed to the other two heavens that are not seen.

And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They wern't in the radiation belt for a long time. They also flew threw the belt where the levels were lower.

Light a candle and hold your finger in the flame and it gets burn't. Pass your finger through the flame quickly and you feel no or little heat.

Thanks! I have yet to have heard of a satisfactory explanation. Though I still have some unsolved issues about it Like how intense is the radiation in teh Belt, what is the safe time limit for that level of radiatiojn fo rthey8 were only minimally protected.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you open up your bible and add up the ancestral linages of Christ presented in the bible like Bishop Ussher did?

What will you do when you arrive at a 6K year old earth?

The earth is not 6k years old. The Bible is not a science book.

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The earth is not 6k years old. The Bible is not a science book.

I agree it is not a science text. It is the Inspired Word of God! so when He speaks of things scientific- it is true! when He speaks of things historic- it is true. When He speaks of right and wrong- it is true.

Upvote 0