Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, they appear to be. I can hold a penny to my face, and if it's at the right distance, it will cover up as much of my vision as my car. Doesn't mean the penny is a big as the car. The car is much farther away and bigger, and the penny is much closer and smaller. It's not a difficult concept.

You're saying the shadow can't be smaller than the Moon, so if the shadow is 60 miles wide or less, than that means the Moon has to be 60 miles wide or less. Correct?
I'm not saying how big, or small the moon is... I just know that, with the light source being the exact same size, (at the point of the projected shadow ie: the earths surface) , as the object obstructing it's light.. the shadow cannot be smaller than the object casting the shadow.

I also stated that if the light source, the sun, appeared larger than the moon, from the earths surface (ie: the moon appearing half the size of the sun, thus having a large amount of the suns light passing around it) Then and only then would you get a hazy shadow that was washed out by the amount of light that is not obstructed by the moon.

This..... is not the case.... all models presented in science books and such... are void.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I'm not saying how big, or small the moon is...
You actually are.

Again, you've claimed that a shadow CANNOT be smaller than the thing casting it. As a consequence of this, if the Moon's shadow is 60 miles wide, the Moon has to be 60 miles wide or smaller. Stop me if I'm missing something, here.
Then and only then would you get a hazy shadow that was washed out by the amount of light that is not obstructed by the moon.

This..... is not the case....

It actually is.

Even if you're not in the path of totality, you'll still experience some darkness during a total eclipse if you're in the surrounding areas. A few years back, there was an eclipse that I wasn't in the right place for - however, when the eclipse happened, the sky did get a little darker for a few minutes, even though I couldn't see the eclipse. What do you think that was about, hm?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not proof of a globe... I can make a drain go either way.... This is an old trick but not proof of our earth being a ball.
But, of course, storms do spin in opposite directions depending upon whether you're North of the equator or South of the equator ...

... and star trails rotate in opposite directions depending upon whether you're North of the equator or South of the equator ...

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nope. It only happens when the sun is RISING or SETTING. Right then. You've never produced anything that shows it fully risen, and you never will.

Even if we go to your position about it being a rising sun... Even at this point.. the shadow of the earth will not be cast over the moon..

If this was so easily explained... the article would not deem it "impossible".... which.... it is.

But you know what? I'll give it to you for a minute. For the sake of argument, just for now, I'll ignore that there's a reasonable, understood, and consistent explanation for why and when this happens. I'll ignore that the reddish tint the Moon takes on when this happens and the reddish tint the Sun takes on as it rising is rather strong evidence that the Moon is reflecting the Sun's light. I'll ignore that refraction is a common phenomenon that you see literally every. Single. Day.

What, exactly, are you implying, Jack? That because this happens, the Moon can't be reflecting the Sun's light? Well, let's say the selenelion is a point in your favor.[/quote]

Nope... I was asked, by another poster about eclipses.. and... my answer was that there are questions about them for both the FE'er and the globe soldier.

Speaking against that, however, is the fact that there are craters with shadows visible on the Moon, the Moon goes through phases in relation to the Sun's position, the Moon's light is the same frequency as the Sun's, the fact that an eclipse can happen AT ALL, among other things. The Moon reflecting light explains all these things. It emitting light doesn't.
This is something that I am still researching... it is an interesting topic.. that I don't just write off because I have been taught it since I was first able to go to the potty on my own.. that the moon reflects the sun.. I like to question things.. as we should.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread has had a clean - again. If it cannot stay on topic, and have posts free of goading, flaming, calling out, rudeness, etc. then the thread could be closed. Some posts may have been removed that were in reply to posts that contained issues. Keep it civil, keep it clean, keep it friendly, respect each other.

MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Even if we go to your position about it being a rising sun... Even at this point.. the shadow of the earth will not be cast over the moon..

If this was so easily explained... the article would not deem it "impossible".... which.... it is.

The article didn’t say it was impossible. Scare quotes, man

Nope... I was asked, by another poster about eclipses.. and... my answer was that there are questions about them for both the FE'er and the globe soldier.
Except they’re not a question for the globe model. It’s a readily understood and easily explained phenomenon.

This is something that I am still researching... it is an interesting topic.. that I don't just write off because I have been taught it since I was first able to go to the potty on my own.. that the moon reflects the sun.. I like to question things.. as we should.

Question things all you like, but don’t dismiss the answer just because you don’t like it.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Tim Peake, British Astronaut has a superb book out on all the pics he took of earth while in space. Hundreds!

The beauty of the earth from space 'AND THE CURVE OF THE EARTH!'

No CGI or special effects or lenses. Pure, original photography.

I bet Jack will say they are fake! :doh:

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Tim Peake, British Astronaut has a superb book out on all the pics he took of earth while in space. Hundreds!

The beauty of the earth from space 'AND THE CURVE OF THE EARTH!'

No CGI or special effects or lenses. Pure, original photography.

I bet Jack will say they are fake! :doh:
Tim Peake.....LOL.... that says it all....Ha Ha Ha Ha.... good ole Tim Peake...Must be true then.

Here he is in front of a Green screen faking some ISS footage....

Is this your source of info?

NASA-Caught-Using-Green-Screen-To-Fake-Astronaut-Footage.-Oops.jpg

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Tim Peake.....LOL.... that says it all....Ha Ha Ha Ha.... good ole Tim Peake...Must be true then.

Here he is in front of a Green screen faking some ISS footage....

Is this your source of info?

NASA-Caught-Using-Green-Screen-To-Fake-Astronaut-Footage.-Oops.jpg
That’s not a green screen, it’s a grid they use for experiments. You can see them using it here:

That’s not even what a real green screen looks like. The grid pattern would make it useless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s not a green screen, it’s a grid they use for experiments. You can see them using it here:

That’s not even what a real green screen looks like. The grid pattern would make it useless.
"green screen" is a generic term.
Post something you actually know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.