Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Obviously you do not, since these are not photos of rope.
No, the rope picture was to show perspective and you flat earth crazies can't understand it.
I have had some of the sorriest comparisons i have ever seen coming from people who are trying to prop up this globe lie.
Right.

Why no pictures of Big Ben taken from Pike's peak?

Where is your picture of the edge of the flat earth?

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the rope picture was to show perspective and you flat earth crazies can't understand it.

Right.

I'd really like to know what's on the other side of the "dome"

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, apparently the moon is on the inside of it, and I have even seen PROOF (in the form of youtube videos) that the sun is actually closer to the earth than are clouds.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Well, apparently the moon is on the inside of it, and I have even seen PROOF (in the form of youtube videos) that the sun is actually closer to the earth than are clouds.

God, I wish you were just joking, but I’ve met people who actually think the Sun is in the clouds.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
God, I wish you were just joking, but I’ve met people who actually think the Sun is in the clouds.
I wish I was joking, too.

There are probably dozens of youtube videos - with very, VERY confident people - proclaiming these things.

Also proclaiming that the "lies" that the sun is far away is a form of mind control, is the work of Satan, is the work of the Illuminati, etc., and that only those WOKE enough to KNOW the TRUTH should be believed...

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Right.

You want do a few perspective drawing and compare who understands perspective better.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"Water" do you doubt the truth of God's Bible

Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.

Praise Him, you heavens of heavens,
And you waters above the heavens!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Right.

Here is something that I cannot understand. Why is it that people are so angry about someone else believing in a FE? To such an extent that they have to resort to name calling.... Case in point, above....

"and you flat earth crazies"

Another thing that I cannot understand is that these insults to the character of others is usually spouted by someone who has not even studied the FE model enough to understand that questions like:

"Why no pictures of Big Ben taken from Pike's peak?"

and:

"Where is your picture of the edge of the flat earth?"

Are....... rookie questions.

Question such as these shout "I know nothing about the FE model but I will ridicule you because I am ignorant of my own ignorance.

Please, do some research on the subject before you call someone crazy for what they view differently than you.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I've heard flat earthers saying that there is a global conspiracy to hide the truth. How does that work lol.
I see that you are new to this subject too.

For the record.. I am not convinced of the FE model. However, I have studied both and find that neither one is provable. Also, both have support.

You will have to be careful, however, many solid FE believers... well ALL FE believers.. started from where you are right now.... Just say'n.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You want do a few perspective drawing and compare who understands perspective better.
You can't understand simple perspective.

You want to believe you are 'woke' and special.

You aren't. You're just a run of the mill conspiracy theorist (I use the term 'theorist' in the colloquial sense).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You can't understand simple perspective.

You want to believe you are 'woke' and special.

You aren't. You're just a run of the mill conspiracy theorist (I use the term 'theorist' in the colloquial sense).
So your not able to, i understand

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here is something that I cannot understand.
Clearly.
Why is it that people are so angry about someone else believing in a FE?
It is frustration with obtuse ignorance and unwarranted condescension from people that simply reject that which does not feed their conspiracy.
To such an extent that they have to resort to name calling.... Case in point, above....

"and you flat earth crazies"

Not name calling, but a conclusion.
Another thing that I cannot understand is that these insults to the character of others is usually spouted by someone who has not even studied the FE model enough to understand that questions like:

"Why no pictures of Big Ben taken from Pike's peak?"

and:

"Where is your picture of the edge of the flat earth?"

Are....... rookie questions.

Oh my gosh, you totally put me in my place for asking 'rookie' questions that, amazingly, no FE crazy has an answer for.

IF the earth really is FLAT, THEN it stands to reason that with sufficiently powerful photographic equipment, that it should not only be possible, but mundanely so, to take a photograph of a distant point on earth from a vantage point sufficiently high enough to see over obstacles.

If we can take pictures of the moon from 240,000 miles away, surely one can take pictures of tall landmarks like Big Ben from a few thousand?

Question such as these shout "I know nothing about the FE model but I will ridicule you because I am ignorant of my own ignorance.

Please, do some research on the subject before you call someone crazy for what they view differently than you.

How does one do "research" on something that is so obviously false?

Since you fancy yourself an expert on the flat earth, how about you just explain why my question is a 'rookie' on that screams that I am ignorant of the "models" of a FLAT earth that somehow prevent one from doing the most obvious and simple proof that they are correct?

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So your not able to, i understand
And you cannot produce a picture of Big Ben from a mountain top in the Americas, easily proving your point. I understand.

You instead rely on things you can't understand as your 'evidence.'

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I see that you are new to this subject too.
Set him straight, oh master of time and space!
For the record.. I am not convinced of the FE model. However, I have studied both and find that neither one is provable. Also, both have support.

So, no proof of a globe earth even though we can, you know, orbit it... sail around it... fly around it.. Take pictures of it from space...

But sure, no 'proof' because, like, all those spacemen are lying/never existed/all a hoax.

Or whatever.

But please condescend from your mountaintop and tell us all about the support for a flat earth that does NOT consist of calling things hoaxes, claiming photoshop/GoPro aberrations, etc.
You will have to be careful, however, many solid FE believers... well ALL FE believers.. started from where you are right now.... Just say'n.

Yes, and they are spectacularly gullible and WANT to think they know something others don't. Pretty well understood psychology.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.