On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are a scientist, not that I am saying that you are not, and you observe something, it is tested and repeat the test with the same results.... do you embrace it? Or write it off because it is contrary to your teaching, contrary to what you hold as a solid truth, or contrary to what you would expect?

People are now able to purchase technology that is capable of testing the common things of "science" that we have been told to be true and believe them based on trust in the sources.

When we observe these things... do we hang on to what someone told us? Just because they told us and held a certain position of respect?

Or...do we take a good hard look and question whether what we see, ourselves, is true.. or what we were told to be true?
"Science" (the business of it) has been so corrupted by profit & ideology that it is laughable not to reflexively question it.
The unhesitant defense of it is so religious it deserved the name, "Scientism".

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The circuit of the moon that we see is due to the rotation of the earth.

The phases of the moon that we see are due to the orbit of the moon around the Earth.

That's the official version.

What's your version ?

How do flat-earther's explain the phases of the moon ?

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,223,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Address the post and not the poster please.
Disagreement with an idea isn't an excuse for flaming or goading.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
If so where is the reflected light off of the earth as can be seen coming from the moon

It’s..it’s right there. The Earth is reflecting light. If it wasn’t, you couldn’t see it.

You do understand what it means for an object to be reflecting light, correct? The reason you can see anything at all - the Earth, the Moon, a ball, a rock, a car, Jethro Tull, a tree - is because those things are reflecting light.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It’s..it’s right there. The Earth is reflecting light. If it wasn’t, you couldn’t see it.

You do understand what it means for an object to be reflecting light, correct? The reason you can see anything at all - the Earth, the Moon, a ball, a rock, a car, Jethro Tull, a tree - is because those things are reflecting light.

I understand light very well, that is why the earth (in the photo) is not reflecting light, like the photo of the moon i took. Because they either forgot to or knew people would just accept the photo as true and did not worry about complete details.

Why is the earth in that photo not reflecting light because the photo is a fake. The earth is not a ball out in space, someone from the graphic design dept created a sphere shaped earth and merged their creation onto either a photo of the moon's surface from a telescope. Or they combined their created earth onto a graphic design (man) created moon surface.

The unrealistic look of this photo is obvious.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I understand light very well, that is why the earth (in the photo) is not reflecting light, like the photo of the moon i took

It is reflecting light.

If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t show up at all.

I don’t know how better to explain this. An eight year old could figure it out.

You’re either trolling or...well, I’d get suspended if I said the other option.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is reflecting light.

If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t show up at all.

I don’t know how better to explain this. An eight year old could figure it out.

You’re either trolling or...well, I’d get suspended if I said the other option.

I will put it another way just show me a photo of the earth out in space shinning like a star. Like is see when we see venus, mars, jupiter, etc... if the earth is reflecting light that should be an easy photo to capture.
By a science community who can receive images from 4 billion miles away.

I am curious why are all the so called photo images of the full image of earth, why are those photos composite images.
Was elon musk photo a composite image of his space car.
Why do we not have 1000's of photos of earth with out having to use a composite image.

But that photo can not be taken
1. the earth is not a planet
2. venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, etc.. are not reflecting light they are their own light source, as is the sun, moon and stars.
These light's in the raqia move over the stationary earth.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What's your version ?

How do flat-earther's explain the phases of the moon ?
Some, but not all, FE'ers and even some globe earthers.... theorize that the moon does not reflect the sun at all.. But, it is it's own light source.

I am looking into this and there are some very weird things about the moon and it's relation to the sun, in space and the light that the moon shows.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some, but not all, FE'ers and even some globe earthers.... theorize that the moon does not reflect the sun at all.. But, it is it's own light source.

I am looking into this and there are some very weird things about the moon and it's relation to the sun, in space and the light that the moon shows.

The moon is its own light source.
The impressions on the moon (what people of the science mind call craters) emit light, I am not sure if all of these impressions emit light and that is the source of the moons light. Or these impression emitting light, are just part of the whole surface which is lit.

I have a few recording and photos of ares where shafts of light are coming out and it does not matter which direction the moon has turned the light still shines in the same direction.

DSCN0442+.jpg

shaft of light up in the right top corner and another light area emitting light left side middle near the shadow area
DSCN0695.JPG

Look at the little white areas in the shadow that is where light is coming out from the moon.
DSCN1286.JPG

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will put it another way just show me a photo of the earth out in space shinning like a star.

Here it is from the moon, in the famous 1968 photo.

NASA-Apollo8-Dec24-Earthrise.jpg

Here it is from further away, in 2013:

Cassini_s_Pale_Blue_Dot_node_full_image_2.jpg

I am curious why are all the so called photo images of the full image of earth, why are those photos composite images.

Some are, some are not.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I will put it another way just show me a photo of the earth out in space shinning like a star. Like is see when we see venus, mars, jupiter, etc... if the earth is reflecting light that should be an easy photo to capture.
By a science community who can receive images from 4 billion miles away.

So...you want to see a picture that shows the Earth the same way we can see things that are billions of miles away? Is that what you're asking?

Okay, well, the obvious problem is that taking such a picture would require us to have a probe that's billions of miles away. But I don't much see the point - even I produced such a picture, you've already clearly stated that you think all space images are fakes. Why do you want to see more of the evidence you don't accept?

That's provably untrue. There are actually sites with satellite data that spit out full, non-composite images of the Earth every fifteen minutes.

Why do we not have 1000's of photos of earth with out having to use a composite image.

We do.

But that photo can not be taken
1. the earth is not a planet

It is
2. venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, etc.. are not reflecting light they are their own light source, as is the sun, moon and stars.

Well, you're right about the stars, but not anything else. But being a little right is a nice start.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
These people are wrong.

Also, the idea that the Moon emitting its own light doesn't explain the question you responding to, which asked what causes the phases. In fact, the phases of the Moon kind of shoot that idea in the head.
The impressions on the moon (what people of the science mind call craters)
'People of the science mind'...and any person who knows what a crater looks like.

There are a lot of things wrong with, well, everything you posted, but regardless, none of it answers the question - if the Moon is emitting its own light, why does it go through phases? More to the point, why do its phases coincide with the position of the Sun, which is the exact thing we would expect if it was reflecting sunlight and the exact thing we WOULDN'T expect if it was emitting its own light?

• Winner
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.