Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a pagan. My scientist friends aren't pagan.
Do you read where did i say you were pagan.
It is a fact the science that stated 2000+ years ago the earth was a globe came from people who were either pagan, deist or atheist in their religious beliefs

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you read where did i say you were pagan.

Yes. I testify from my own experience that the world is round, and you tell people that my testimony is pagan.

For almost 2000 years, Christians have testified that the world is round, and you call them pagan too.

You seem to be an enemy of Christianity.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I testify from my own experience that the world is round, and you tell people that my testimony is pagan.

For almost 2000 years, Christians have testified that the world is round, and you call them pagan too.

I am an enemy of bringing pagan beliefs into Biblical accounts of God's creation and replacing the Bibles given account (with pagan teachings), by making the areas of the Bible that describe or give an account of God's creation, metaphorical soup.

Yes i will say that kind of christianity i am against

• Agree
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Nope. Only about 500 years, since Copernicus the Jesuit. Eratosthenes thought the sun was small and close. I understand you don't want to feel duped, I get that. Do you know how great it feels to believe that flat earth is possible? To imagine a flat plane so vast that we can't find the end of it yet in any direction. To know that God is close just He tells us. It feels fantastic to get off the ball !!!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Only about 500 years, since Copernicus the Jesuit. Eratosthenes thought the sun was small and close. I understand you don't want to feel duped, I get that. Do you know how great it feels to believe that flat earth is possible? To imagine a flat plane so vast that we can't find the end of it yet in any direction. To know that God is close just He tells us. It feels fantastic to get off the ball !!!
You have a very limited view of the wonder that is God ...

1 Corinthians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

But you just keep thinking that you've got it all figured out ...

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Only about 500 years, since Copernicus the Jesuit.

Even your history is wildly wrong. Knowledge of a round earth goes back to Pythagoras, and has been accepted by virtually all Christians over the last 2000 years.

And Copernicus was not a Jesuit, of course.

And you still haven't given a coherent answer to a single question.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's funny that you seem so sure that what you believe as fact are actually all theories that cannot be proved.
Not as funny as how you seem to think that theories are just guesses.
I can't talk to disrespectful name calling folks like you who know everything. Good day.

Not calling names, just being honest and objective.

I can't waste my time on simpletons that think that because they have read a few conspiracy websites and watched a bunch of youtube videos from equally clueless wannabe 'woke' types that they "know" that of all of the planetary bodies we know of, only the one we are on is "flat".

One can only that you did not reproduce.

*snipped simple-minded bafflegab nonsense*

Foil hats on!

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not as funny as how you seem to think that theories are just guesses.

Not calling names, just being honest and objective.

I can't waste my time on simpletons that think that because they have read a few conspiracy websites and watched a bunch of youtube videos from equally clueless wannabe 'woke' types that they "know" that of all of the planetary bodies we know of, only the one we are on is "flat".

One can only that you did not reproduce.

*snipped simple-minded bafflegab nonsense*

Foil hats on!
I own a couple "conspiracy websites." Where do you get facts, from the library? Old textbooks from college? I've learned quite a bit from YT videos and you might too if you made any effort in this debate besides casting aspersions on people that actually DO research and learn. It just tells me that you love the globe a lot and this topic bothers you because everything you thought you "knew" could be wrong.

And that's why they don't tell the world.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I own a couple "conspiracy websites."

Yes, we know. They spread falsehoods. Revelation 22:15 explains the consequences of that.

if you made any effort in this debate besides casting aspersions on people that actually DO research and learn.

There is no "debate" about the shape of the earth, just the truth and a bunch of seriously misguided people.

And "doing research" would involve things like buying a telescope or visiting the Southern Hemisphere. Flat-earthers never do those things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So a star when i look up into the raqia and look at a star, i see a small light. With a nikon p1000 i can see a little closer but it is still a small moving light (as stated in the Bible).
Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens
Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light!

Now the people who say that this not not an accurate/truthful description of what is seen.

Where is that information coming from that gives that person or brings that person to believe they are looking at suns that are billion of miles outside of the raqia and not only billions of miles (many light years) away but extremely (which is really an understatement) large in size.

Is any of this information confirmed by the persons, personal observation or is just the person saying i believe what the scientist is stating is true with out any actual evidence besides, just the scientist personal statements.

Or are the scientist themselves providing actual evidence besides their just saying that a star is a sun billion+ miles away.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
So a star when i look up into the raqia and look at a star, i see a small light. With a nikon p1000 i can see a little closer but it is still a small moving light (as stated in the Bible).
Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens
Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light!

Now the people who say that this not not an accurate/truthful description of what is seen.

Where is that information coming from that gives that person or brings that person to believe they are looking at suns that are billion of miles outside of the raqia and not only billions of miles (many light years) away but extremely (which is really an understatement) large in size.

Is any of this information confirmed by the persons, personal observation or is just the person saying i believe what the scientist is stating is true with out any actual evidence besides, just the scientist personal statements.

Or are the scientist themselves providing actual evidence besides their just saying that a star is a sun billion+ miles away.
How about the other planets and their moons?

Jupiter and its moons can be seen with a back yard telescope. It's quite awe inspiring, actually.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Once you realise that the Earth orbits the Sun, you can use changes in the angles of apparent stellar positions to work out how far away stars are (and of course these changes prove that the Earth orbits the Sun). Friedrich Bessel was the first to do this, in 1838. There are also other methods.

it is still a small moving light (as stated in the Bible)

Nowhere does the Bible say that stars are small.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How about the other planets and their moons?

Jupiter and its moons can be seen with a back yard telescope. It's quite awe inspiring, actually.

what does that do with what i asked
And you have seen these moon moving around jupiter

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Once you realise that the Earth orbits the Sun, you can use changes in the angles of apparent stellar positions to work out how far away stars are (and of course these changes prove that the Earth orbits the Sun). Friedrich Bessel was the first to do this, in 1838. There are also other methods.

Nowhere does the Bible say that stars are small.
And you know the earth is moving around the sun how. How do you know this.
Is your answer because a scientist told me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And you know the earth is moving around the sun how. How do you know this.

Several reasons, stellar parallax being one, as I've already said.

And I am a scientist.

And you have seen these moon moving around jupiter

You can too, if you buy a telescope. Look at them every day, and you can see the moons move, as people have been doing since the year 1610.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

And I am a scientist.

You can too, if you buy a telescope.
So where is

Your proof that it is the earth moving and not these stars moving

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

And I am a scientist.

You can too, if you buy a telescope. Look at them every day, and you can see the moons move, as people have been doing since the year 1610.

I have watched this star before and i have never seen the moons move. I see the star(jupiter) move across the sky but i do not see the moon go around the star(jupiter). I see the moons move as the star moves.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.