FLASH: ABC News Suspends Brian Ross for False Reporting on Michael Flynn Bombshell Story

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The ironies keep piling up. Nothing boring about today's politics. Every time they try to destroy Trump, they end up exposing themselves. Too funny.

FLASH: ABC News Suspends Brian Ross for False Reporting on Michael Flynn Bombshell Story

ABC SUSPENDS BRIAN ROSS FOUR WEEKS WITHOUT PAY

th

FLASH: ABCNEWS Suspends Brian Ross for 4 Weeks Without Pay...

Last edited:

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The ironies keep piling up. Nothing boring about today's politics. Every time they try to destroy Trump, they end up exposing themselves. Too funny.

th

It's good to see that ABC will correct their news stories while Fox News just let's their pundits say whatever lies they want without worry.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't there a similar incident before the 2004 Presidential election when Dan Rather and his news team 'suddenly discovered' some longstanding allegations about President Bush dating from the early 1960s? Whereas it emerged that this information was both well known but also that its significance was not what Mr Rather claimed it to be.

News people sometimes create 'news'. Another example of this is when in the mid-1980s it was reported that the government of Libya's Colonel Khaddafi owned a significant portion of stock in the Italian company FIAT. Why this was reported as 'news' (as if the reporting at that moment created a significant new picture) was at least to me baffling because I had known this piece of information for a long while as had many other people.

Years ago, people such as Walter Lippmann and Walter Cronkite could usually be relied upon to give people the facts. C P Snow of the Manchester Guardian famously said: 'Comment is free; facts are sacred'.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's good to see that ABC will correct their news stories while Fox News just let's their pundits say whatever lies they want without worry.
Fox News has a clear distinction between their news reporters and their pundits whereas the other nationally televised media sources have partisan Democrat pundits who pretend to be real news reporters. As far as reporting the news as it is without showing a partisan bias, a real news reporter, the best today are Bret Baier and Chris Wallace, and both are on Fox News.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fox News has a clear distinction between their news reporters and their pundits whereas the other nationally televised media sources have partisan Democrat pundits who pretend to be real news reporters. As far as reporting the news as it is without showing a partisan bias, a real news reporter, the best today are Bret Baier and Chris Wallace, and both are on Fox News.

I just wish Fox News would learn something from other News networks about presentation. What I mean is rather than have programs with four or five different people throwing around and hashing out an issue going back and forth over and over, try something like ABC Nightline, and or 20/20. They need to get out of the studio more in my honest opinion, as it is I fall asleep fairly quickly. I agree though Fox News has a clear distinction, and when you've watched the other News programs, especially in the area of politics, Fox is a breath of fresh air...despite the democrats working for them, which seems to go unnoticed or mentioned when Fox News becomes a topic.

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just wish Fox News would learn something from other News networks about presentation. What I mean is rather than have programs with four or five different people throwing around and hashing out an issue going back and forth over and over, try something like ABC Nightline, and or 20/20. They need to get out of the studio more in my honest opinion, as it is I fall asleep fairly quickly. I agree though Fox News has a clear distinction, and when you've watched the other News programs, especially in the area of politics, Fox is a breath of fresh air...despite the democrats working for them, which seems to go unnoticed or mentioned when Fox News becomes a topic.
Great quote there from Spurgeon! He deals with the facts like an old fashioned, reputable journalist, and not like purveyor of "evangelical" comment on the lines of a stream-of-consciousness talk show.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

th

You are very confused Calminian.

It is good thing that ABC demands integrity, not bad thing. If you think about this for a time I am sure you will see why.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with Bret Baier but he is just as biased to the right as Cuomo is to the left. I think that Shep is probably the best on Fox but their political pundits are as bad as it gets.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with Bret Baier but he is just as biased to the right as Cuomo is to the left. I think that Shep is probably the best on Fox but their political pundits are as bad as it gets.
If Bret Baier is biased to the right, he doesn't show it when he's reporting the news. He reports the news as it is without cheering for one side or the other. But Shepard Smith consistently shows a political bias.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If Bret Baier is biased to the right, he doesn't show it when he's reporting the news.
A person who is biased to the right would say that Baier isn't biased to the right. I'm not saying that it is bad, but still it's biased. Cuomo, is biased to the left and that shows.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A person who is biased to the right would say that Baier isn't biased to the right. I'm not saying that it is bad, but still it's biased. Cuomo, is biased to the left and that shows.
I said the best today at not showing their bias are Bret Baier and Chris Wallace. Chris Wallace is a Democrat. And I said if Bret Baier is biased to the right he doesn't show it when he is reporting the news. Everyone is biased, but a good reporter doesn't show their bias when they are reporting the news.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Pretty sure the only reason he's getting in trouble is because it was a big enough screw up to damage the stock market for a time.

Upvote 0