• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Flaming/Goading

Discussion in 'Depression Disorders' started by Korean-American Christian, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Korean-American Christian

Korean-American Christian raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church It's My Birthday!

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    Proverbs 12:18 Careless words stab like a sword, but the words of wise people bring healing.

Proverbs 18:21 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
    The tongue has the power of life and death,
    and those who love to talk will have to eat their own words.

I was thankful for 95% of the responses that I received on my "Divorcing My Father/Ending All Contact with My Father" thread.

However, a handful of people posted hurtful, insulting responses such as "Grow up."

One well-known member implied that I am lazy....

I know that flaming/goading is a gray area....joking around and being humorous is fine....I would like to think that I do have a sense of humor.

But I will report posts/members who post hurtful or insulting responses.
    be-nice-or-i-will-report-you.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. Wayholka

Wayholka A crazy furry who likes to draw Supporter

+5,876
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    I've been on worse sites for this kind of thing. The worst thing anyone on this site has ever said to me was, "You are a horrible person. Die alone with no friends." To be honest, I actually deserved that one because I made a really inappropriate joke.

However, on a website like Newgrounds or YouTube, that is basically their way of saying, 'Hello.'

3. Korean-American Christian

Korean-American Christian raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church It's My Birthday!

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    "You are a horrible person. Die alone with no friends" ?? What an evil, horrible, terrible thing to say to someone!!

No one deserves to hear that!!

I never look at YouTube comments because most of the comments are so malicious and vicious.

4. Wayholka

+5,876
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    Back on Newgrounds, trolls are very common because when it comes to feeding trolls, the community there will give them a steak and lobster dinner with a selection of the finest wines. People out there genuinely get a kick out of provoking emotional responses from people.

In fact, a study at a Canadian university actually revealed that internet trolls have personality traits more consistent with psychopaths, sadists and narcissists.

Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists
    Internet trolls are 'sadistic psychopaths' who get a kick out of abusing people online | Daily Mail Online
    Internet Trolls Are Actually Sadists, Study Finds

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Korean-American Christian

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    I agree with you about the fact that internet trolls have personality traits more consistent with psychopaths, sadists and narcissists.

CF seems to have a couple of internet trolls lurking around....

6. Wayholka

+5,876
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    Of course. No matter what forum you go on, you'll always find people who think that the online community they're targeting is easy pickings for cheap laughs. Being a Christian forum, there are atheists who come on this site to stir up a debate for the sake of it and then post certain responses on FSTDT so more atheists can laugh at us.

If you were to go on a forum for Holocaust survivors, you'll have people going on that site just to say that the Holocaust never happened. If you were to go on a forum like Storm Front, you'll have people pretending to be Jews or other minorities to provoke an angry response from Neo-Nazis.

Much like how real life is full of jerks, on the internet there is no escaping jerks because they can say whatever they want to you without having to fear consequences. It's always been my belief that if people honestly believe that they can get away with it, they will do all sorts of atrocious things. It's just the way we are.

7. Korean-American Christian

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    The anonymity of the Internet frequently brings out the worst in people....

8. Wayholka

+5,876
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    On the internet, everyone has a high IQ.
    On the internet, everyone has INTJ personality type.
    On the internet, everyone is an expert.

Yes, anonymity on the internet requires us to use discernment like never before. The internet is a magical but treacherous place so common sense it the key to enjoying the full benefits.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Korean-American Christian

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    Yes, I shall have to pray to God for wisdom and discernment

10. Far Side Of the Moon

Far Side Of the Moon " The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)

+1,767
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    On "this" site?

11. Wayholka

+5,876
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    Yes, on this site.

12. Far Side Of the Moon

Far Side Of the Moon " The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)

+1,767
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Wow. Honestly, I don't even know why I'm surprised...people are just sinners saved by grave whether they're Christian or not

13. Korean-American Christian

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    @Wayholka Wait, I completely missed that part. A non-Christian must have written that comment to you

14. Wayholka

+5,876
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    It was an atheist with an avatar of a Japanese girl in cosplay. Make of it however you wish.

15. Korean-American Christian

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    Wow, I guess the world is becoming more and more evil as each day goes by.

16. Wayholka

+5,876
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    It boils down to this: Would you be more comfortable calling me a dirty rat to my face with the chance of me punching you in the face, or call me a dirty rat on the net where I can't hurt you?

17. Korean-American Christian

+2,941
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    If I absolutely had to choose between the two options, I would be more comfortable calling you a dirty rat on the Internet, where you cannot hurt me.

I do criticize people on my personal blog....but I would rather not call anyone insulting names on any forum