Fixer Upper Stars Under Fire for Attending Evangelical Church

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're speaking English, and homosexuality has clear definitions, including in the catechism, and it is not the same thing. I suggezt in future if you mean to say "homosexual activity is sinful", then that's what you say. Because homosexuality is quite explicitly NOT sinful.
Do you even understand what sin is?

Both the Greek NT and Hebrew OT words were archery terms meaning to miss the mark (bulls eye). The NT adds another level to that definition: whatever is not done from faith.

Romans 14:23b and whatever is not from faith is sin.

So what is faith and how do you get it?

The only way to get faith is to hear God speak to you:

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the [rhema = spoken] word of God.

Do you REALLY think those with same-sex attractions heard God tell them to have those desires?

• Winner
Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where is anyone suggesting this belief "disqualifies them" from being on TV?

My point is that if enough people get upset about it, they start writing to HGTV (already did to ask them what they know), and boycotting the show. The article says this. They did it to another group that used to be on HGTV until HGTV had to pull their show for the media storm that caused (Benham Brothers), although those people were more open about their religion. If that doesn't cause enough trouble to bully the network into listening, they start boycotting the advertisers in the show (as the article says)

People are "asking" this about the show hosts because they want to make a fuss/social outcry if they find out it fits into their feelings of persecution and objection.

• Winner
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
In 8 years we went from "homosexuality is a sin" being the social default position, to that being enough reason for you to be socially crucified. It's crazy how fast things flipped.

I am not entirely convinced they actually have except perhaps among a younger demographic; the emergence of "safe spaces" is unsettling.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We're not in the Catholic forum. Don't expect that sort of Catholic legalese to get you very far among non Catholics.

Especially when the early responses don't even use the legalize in the first place, but merely make statements which are sure to be misunderstood in the context.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting how Todd Starnes attacks and condones such behavior and how so many here are upset by the prospect of a boycott and cancellation of this show yet Mr. Starnes has called for more boycotts and media shut downs than i can count.

Well, Starnes is generally an idiot. I didn't even bother to read his article.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My point is that if enough people get upset about it, they start writing to HGTV (already did to ask them what they know), and boycotting the show. The article says this. They did it to another group that used to be on HGTV until HGTV had to pull their show for the media storm that caused (Benham Brothers), although those people were more open about their religion. If that doesn't cause enough trouble to bully the network into listening, they start boycotting the advertisers in the show (as the article says)

People are "asking" this about the show hosts because they want to make a fuss/social outcry if they find out it fits into their feelings of persecution and objection.
It is all part of the new McCarthyism from the left. However much Trumbo is decried as an assault on justice, targeting the livelihood of Evangelicals is acceptable, and to say otherwise is to make much ado about nothing, according to so many on the left.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most people are heterosexual. According to a 2012 poll about 3.4 percent of Americans described themselves as being homosexual. There are not enough gay people to get their own gay couple fixer upper show. Advertisers need to reach the larger heterosexual market.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In 8 years we went from "homosexuality is a sin" being the social default position, to that being enough reason for you to be socially crucified. It's crazy how fast things flipped.

Shockingly fast.

This is persecution. They are being singled out for holding Christian doctrine, NOT for any actions, but thoughts and beliefs that have been held by the almost entire world until 5 seconds ago (relatively speaking).

Obama and almost all democrats were opposed to SSM in 2008!

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Shockingly fast.

This is persecution. They are being singled out for holding Christian doctrine, NOT for any actions, but thoughts and beliefs that have been held by the almost entire world until 5 seconds ago (relatively speaking).

Obama and almost all democrats were opposed to SSM in 2008!
Very true.

Upvote 0

Disciple37

Dec 1, 2016
Mississippi
Visit site
✟10,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We're speaking English, and homosexuality has clear definitions, including in the catechism, and it is not the same thing. I suggezt in future if you mean to say "homosexual activity is sinful", then that's what you say. Because homosexuality is quite explicitly NOT sinful.

The Bible clearly tells you that Homosexuality is a sin ... i've pointed out scripture that proved that. It's VERY straight forward. Homosexual acts and lusts are sinful.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible clearly tells you that Homosexuality is a sin ... i've pointed out scripture that proved that. It's VERY straight forward. Homosexual acts and lusts are sinful.

It's so obvious that a child could understand it; however, sin is never about a problem of cognition. It's always about rebellion.

Homosexuality and "trans" insanity is what will bring persecution to the church, and it already has.

Many have already sided with the culture on this issue(s) in order to avoid persecution. Ignoring or "adjusting" clear biblical teaching in order to not be thought of as "backward" by culture, but it is far better to be hated by the world, yet approved of by God, than it is to capitulate to the world in order to gain its approval or avoid its condemnation.

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. (John 15:18-19)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Attention please.jpg
Folks this thread in News and Current Events
is not about if Homosexuality is a sin
or not or what religious group believes that.
Please stick to the topic

BACK ON TOPIC.jpg
Fixer-upper Star under Fire for Attending
Evangelical Church

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
These people are being persecuted for being Christians. For having the audacity to believe what the Bible says about sex, gender and marriage.

Islam holds the same beliefs on these issues, yet the author of the article will never bring that up, is my guess.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
These people are being persecuted for being Christians. For having the audacity to believe what the Bible says about sex, gender and marriage.

Islam holds the same beliefs on these issues, yet the author of the article will never bring that up, is my guess.
How re they being "persecuted"? I mean, specifically?

Upvote 0

Disciple37

Dec 1, 2016
Mississippi
Visit site
✟10,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No they're not.

Are you that blinded of sin ... that you discredit your own Bible? How in the world do you not believe Homosexuality is not a sin when the Bible clearly tells you that people were put to death for it under the curse of the old Law. What in the world. You're almost into heresy if you condone people to live in sin without needing Christ to forgive that sin by saying they aren't sinning in the first place and the bible tells you they are .. that's heretical and endangers lives, blessings, and souls ..

You should take a look at your Bible again and prayerfully consider the words within it, in my opinion. Homosexuality is forgiven. It's not, in my opinion and review of the scripture, any worse than a heterosexual committing fornification because all sin damns, but if you're telling homosexuals it's okay to be gay, you're creating a huge stumbling block and divide between them and God and i would not want to be in your shoes ...

Titus 3:10
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him,

I agree. It's best to steer clear of people who call evil good and good evil. Satan was the first to cast doubt on God's word when he asked, "Did God really say?" and his voice still echoes down through the centuries, and you can hear it in the current watershed issues of our day.

Reactions: Disciple37
Upvote 0