Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Kenneth Copeland did as well. It has been a most unusual election, with all kinds of new lines of division being drawn, even among conservatives. And even the prophets have not been in agreement.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If he is God's person, it is because he is bringing about the further razing of America, and the West. It isn't really advertised, but some of the things the American government has done, does and plans to do - and some of the things that people have done, are doing and will do - makes it a miracle God has not gone Sodom, or Nineveh on the States. Maybe the quota for "judgment in a day" hasn't been hit, but Trump is definitely not a divine leader of God - like David, Moses, Elijah or Solomon. He is more like a Titus, or Nebbecunezzar. (And, yes I am comparing America to Babylon.) He may have a job to do in order to bring the world closer to the eventual end.

Just to be objective, America so isn't as influential as it thinks; it just has lots of fire power and a lot of countries back the States because they depend on them NOT defaulting on debt. Once the BRIC nations finalizing the backing of their own currency in their own gold reserves that EXIST, either a war, super collapse of the west, or a combination of both will happen - it is hirtorical. So, in perspective, I would say Trump is perfect for that paradigm shift of a job, and what has been prophesied for America and the world.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe God did tell Rick Santorum to run for president. That's different from Him saying Santorum would win. Who's trolling now?

A fair question would also we which god these people answer to, and are talking about. They may (and likely) not be the same.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A fair question would also we which god these people answer to, and are talking about. They may (and likely) not be the same.

That's a pretty extreme judgment. First, there is no conflict between God telling Santorum to run, and telling someone else that Trump is going to win. Both are possible. They are not mutually exclusive.

Then there's the possibility of hearing wrong, or being deceived. This is always a possibility, which is why we're told to judge prophecy before leaning on it.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's a pretty extreme judgment. First, there is no conflict between God telling Santorum to run, and telling someone else that Trump is going to win. Both are possible. They are not mutually exclusive.

Not exteme at all. In fact, saying God told you to do anything is extreme - and you should have the fruits to back that up like the prophets and teachers had. A "quick" check would be to remember people actually chosen or in conversation with God really aren't sure of themselves, and often find the "work" they are called to do extremely hard and downright depressing. The reality is that a calling by God is like getting a direct order from a general about a mission: it isn't something you chose, and usually it will be extremely taxing and hard. But, it has to be done, and usually the prospect that wants it the least is the best for the job.

God never said there were no other gods; He said not to have any be for Him. How often have these people evoked "god's" name, but never said it was in the name of Christ/"Jesus"/(Hebrew variant of Christ's name)? If the spirits do not profess that Christ came in the flesh and was resurrected to life... they are of the Antichrist. Those are our clear parameters of discernment no matter how much we like someone's words.

Then there's the possibility of hearing wrong, or being deceived.

Then, they need better discernment of spirits, and they need to stop evoking the Most High's name with such confidence and (for some) arrogance. It is similar to people who make prophetic ststements without testing spirits. If they are wrong, the emberrassment of knowing they were deceived overcomes them, as God's prophecies are always spot on.

This is always a possibility, which is why we're told to judge prophecy before leaning on it.

It is irresponsible to bring the Most High into a carnal event such as an election - especially if you arent 100% sure. It is misleading. That is assuming the politician(s) have 100% sincere intentions.

The truth is that not all "gods" evoked by people are the same god. Some of them know this; some dont. Christ said that there are there are people who will say they knew Him and He will say He NEVER knew them. Politicians are humans capable of deceit, lies and swindling a population with demagoguery and flatteries. That is, often, their jobs in order to get votes and popularity. Just because someone says they are called by God to do or say something doesn't mean

1) they actually were, and
2) they are talking about the Most High God.

Ask them who God in the flesh was, and who is the savior of all humans on the planet. Ask them who Christ is, and whether or not He was resurrected to Life, and Is Life and is the Son of God. Test their spirits; ask them from where it came. Because, even demons know Christ exists, and tremble at His name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have often wondered if the political Beast of Revelation (the FIRST Beast) is not already living in the world, and waiting his time to reign ---during the Tribulation time; so the translation (rapture) of the Bride of Christ (the universal Church) will then be quite soon. We cannot know, but the 'vortex' of this world's downward spiral of the "end times" seems to many saints as near???

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the greatest times to be alive in all history was during the time of the expansion of the early Christian churches throughout the Roman Empire. During that era, not one of the Caesars was a believer.

But, because the churches were producing "salt" having many excellent teachings and many following the teachings faithfully? God prospered the Roman Empire. Prospered in a manner that several famous historians having made note that if they could choose a time to be alive? That era would have been the time in history they would pick. To the best of my knowledge these historians were not making any connection with the thriving church at that time.

It was called the age of the Antonine Caesars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerva–Antonine_dynasty

This means? Donald Trump... God does not need a man to be a believer in order to establish a benevolent and effective leadership over a nation for the sake of His remnant of faithful ones.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God does not need a man to be a believer in order to establish a benevolent and effective leadership over a nation for the sake of His remnant of faithful ones.

That is perhaps the key point. Many Christians, and understandable so, have been trying to place a model Christian in our highest office. That's nice if you can do it, but the nation has sunk so low that it is critical we get someone who actually can right the ship and get things going again. And that's going to require a sledgehammer of a guy.

So I think much of the Church needs to consider the biblical model, in which the church was not in bed with the powers that be, but had to function pretty much on its own. We don't want a government that is adversarial, of course, which is what we have now, but it's likely that we won't get the perfect Christian in office, and we need to be pragmatic.

The prophecy talks about other biblical models as well. Cyrus, Nebuchadnezzar, Darius and Joseph's Pharaoh all played roles in protecting and prospering the Jews in their time. And at least in the beginning, none of them worshiped the true God.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is perhaps the key point. Many Christians, and understandable so, have been trying to place a model Christian in our highest office. That's nice if you can do it, but the nation has sunk so low that it is critical we get someone who actually can right the ship and get things going again. And that's going to require a sledgehammer of a guy.

So I think much of the Church needs to consider the biblical model, in which the church was not in bed with the powers that be, but had to function pretty much on its own. We don't want a government that is adversarial, of course, which is what we have now, but it's likely that we won't get the perfect Christian in office, and we need to be pragmatic.

The prophecy talks about other biblical models as well. Cyrus, Nebuchadnezzar, Darius and Joseph's Pharaoh all played roles in protecting and prospering the Jews in their time. And at least in the beginning, none of them worshiped the true God.

About the bolded portion? I'm thinking you've mistaken christians not getting what they want all the time for the government being an adversary. :sorry:
tulc(seriously) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is perhaps the key point. Many Christians, and understandable so, have been trying to place a model Christian in our highest office.

Too many times the words, "model Christian" ... translates into religious pretension. Phonies. Just what the liberals loathe and find as an easy target. A solid Christian for our day would be one who is saturated with truth, who could sit down and talk with prostitutes and have a glass of wine with publicans... just like Jesus did. Today? That's the kind of solid Christianity we need to see. Too taboos and not enough truth is what those who seek a "model Christian" actually looks for. Ignorance of sound doctrine and too much group programming is what too many churches end up producing.

Psalm 119:165

Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.

Too often we get just the opposite from what is alleged to be a model Christian. The church is really wandering these days. Its why some are hung up over Trump's ways. For, they can not relax and just be themselves... Who should be to be themselves? Not someone to become offended. When you have in your spirit and soul an abundance of solid teachings from the Word of God, life itself becomes as an open book. Not something unsettling. But, that stability and peace happens only after a believer breaks through the maturity barrier. To get there it will require a great deal of commitment and self discipline to submit to and learn/eat DAILY bread. Not just Sundays and Wednesdays....

And to be taught by someone who is trained and capable to extract from the original languages. For that is how God gave us the Word in its original form. Greek and Hebrew are far more exacting than our English expression...

Not many are there today. Sadly, too many want to stay in a cherished semi-state of childhood...a type of Sunday School churchianity. It becomes monkey see, monkey do religiosity. Its what makes for legalism found in those who can easily be offended by the realities life will bring our way. And, opportunistic politicians intuitively pander to such as these.

Believe it or not, liberalism can be seen as a form of secular religiosity that sees themselves as being the righteous. They become just as highly offended (even more so at times) in their self righteousness by opposing positions, as a legalistic Christian will become when he sees another believer simply drinking wine with his dinner. All are insane ones. There is no sanity without sound doctrinal teachings ruling people's minds and souls. All else is illusion.

1 Timothy 4:16

Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them,because if you do,you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And some honestly wonder why people become atheists. After reading threads like this, I don't blame them.

....If, so? Why are you not an atheist?

See.. No excuse.

Atheists have a problem with God directly, not those whom God is able to save. Those whom God saves and have choosen to be idiots, are only an atheist's excuse, not the cause for their rejection of God.

John 6:44-45

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned
from the Father, comes to Me.

We who believe, believed because the Father was able to draw us to Himself. What takes place after one comes to Christ? It will continue to be based upon freedom of choice.

Some after salvation there will be those who find themselves resenting the demands of the Spirit. They become enemies of the cross and become determined to walk after their flesh - seeking and clinging to doctrines that personally comfort and encourage their natural desires.

The fact that moronic believers exist? It is not the cause for atheists. Such apostates only serve as an excuse for the atheist's who's very own personal resentment of God is the real cause.

God has made Himself knowable to all men.

Romans 1:18-20

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all impiety and unrighteousness of people,who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what can be known about God is evident among them, for God made it clear to them. 20 For from the creation of the world, his invisible attributes, both his eternal power and deity, are discerned clearly, being understood in the things created, so that they are without excuse.

Before someone comes to Christ? God works below the conscious aspect in men's thinking. In that sense God remains anonymous supernaturally, while He allows men to accept, or reject, him as they would their own thought. They are free to reject for that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
....if so? Why are you not an atheist?

See.. No excuse.

Atheists have a problem with God directly, not those whom God is able to save. Those whom God saves and have choosen to be idiots, are only an atheist's excuse, not the cause for their rejection of God.

John 6:44-45

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned
from the Father, comes to Me.

We who believe, believed because the Father was able to draw us to Himself. What takes place after one comes to Christ? That is still based upon freedom of choice.

Some after salvation find themselves resenting the Cross and walk after their flesh - seeking and clinging to doctrines that comfort their natural desires.

The fact that moronic believers exist is not the cause for atheists. Such apostates only serve as an excuse for the Atheist's very own personal resentment of God. Of God's superiority over all life.

God has made Himself knowable to all men.

Romans 1:18-20

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all impiety and unrighteousness of people,

who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what can be known about God is evident among
them, for God made it clear to them. 20 For from the creation of the world, his invisible attributes, both
his eternal power and deity, are discerned clearly, being understood in the things created, so that they
are without excuse.

Before someone comes to Christ? God works below the conscious aspect in men's thinking. In that sense God remains anonymous supernaturally while He allows men to accept, or reject Him as they would their own thoughts. They are free to reject for that reason.

Two reasons: I've had personal experiences that prove to me God exists and I have been exposed to much better theology. Sadly, many atheists have only been exposed to a very poor form of Christianity. Honestly, I don't think God will hold many responsible for rightly rejecting a lot of the sheer garbage that is being passed off as Christianity in this world.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Two reasons: I've had personal experiences that prove to me God exists and I have been exposed to much better theology. Sadly, many atheists have only been exposed to a very poor form of Christianity. Honestly, I don't think God will hold many responsible for rightly rejecting a lot of the sheer garbage that is being passed off as Christianity in this world.

I was exposed to absolutely horrible theology in my early days. I found what I saw with Christians I knew as not reality.

You are still not getting it. Salvation comes as a result of an interchange between your soul and the invisible God drawing you. A person has no way to know he is being drawn by God while it happens.

Only after the Father completes His drawing, He gives that soul to Jesus to make God visible and knowable. Its only when the Father gives the drawn soul to the Son does that person suddenly become cognizant of salvation.

John 6:37
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

Jesus is God's means to make God knowable. Prior to coming to Jesus, a person has no real idea what is going on in his mind and life concerning God's working on his soul in God's drawing Him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0