Status
Not open for further replies.

A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Speaking of the taking away of the daily sacrifice however, there is no need to consider anything whatsoever about sacrifices today. Sacrifice is over and forever done with since the cross.
On the contrary I believe that as we speak - um type - there are many in Israel ready to re-establish the temple and sacrifices. This will occur according to prophecy as soon as the Church is "taken out of the way"

Upvote 0
B

brinley45cal

Barraco said:
While I understand where you are coming from, take in consideration that the beast didn't start at Assyria because the other four beasts didn't exist either, because they hadn't overrun Israel yet. The kings are not kingdoms because that would mean that only 3 had fallen at the time: Babylon, Medo/Persia, and Greece. It was with Babylon that God declared desolations on the Jews and Jerusalem. Assyria has nothing to do with it. Niether does Egypt because even in Daniel 11, when the man of sin is on the rampage, he fights the king of the South, which is in Egypt, meaning Egypt has no empire. Thought the Egyptians under Ptolemy did capture the Jews and treat them harshly, that was short lived. If considering this, that would make only four kingdoms having fallen instead of five, because Rome hadn't fallen yet.
Assyria is out of the question because they never took over Jerusalem, instead they were swallowed by the Babylonian Empire. Thanks and the Lord bless you.
But here (john)is referring to those great world empires from the time of the original babylon of nimrods day which have been dominated by the false occultic religion of babylon.
The seven Genntile world kingdoms are the assyrian,medo-persian,greek,egyptian,babylonian,roman,and revived roman empire (revelation 12:3).
The seventh future kingdom, the revived roman empire,will last for seven years (one week of years) from the day the antichrist signs a seven year covenant to protect israel.Seven years will be the length of the tribulation period.
But thanks for the post you do bring up some interesting points,God Bless

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi A4C,

On the contrary I believe that as we speak - um type - there are many in Israel ready to re-establish the temple and sacrifices. This will occur according to prophecy as soon as the Church is "taken out of the way"
What would Irarael restarting sacrifices mean to any Christian? Are you not just trying to restart the prophecy, not fulfill it?

THe problems I see is that first you have to biblically prove the church is going to ever be taken out of the way, next you have to show a dual fulfillment of prophecies. A prophecy rhat contains a once in creation clause won't occur twice.

Justme

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi A4C,

What would Irarael restarting sacrifices mean to any Christian? Are you not just trying to restart the prophecy, not fulfill it?

THe problems I see is that first you have to biblically prove the church is going to ever be taken out of the way, next you have to show a dual fulfillment of prophecies. A prophecy rhat contains a once in creation clause won't occur twice.

Justme
Israel is yet to complete it's 70th period of 7 years (70th week) according to Daniel for forgiveness. This prophecy has not yet been fulfilled and has been interupted by the "mystery" (The Church age)

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi A4C,

The seventh period of seven?? That would be 490 years. When was the decree issued to rebuild Jerusalem?

I assume you are talking about the 'seven' or the time when fields are left fallow , once out of every seven years, seeded six years and left fallow in the seventh.

Where does it say the 'mystery' of whatever delayed anything>

Justme

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi A4C,

The seventh period of seven?? That would be 490 years. When was the decree issued to rebuild Jerusalem?
Justme
Here is a breakdown of the prohecy (Daniel 9:24-27)
Seven sevens- 49 years -445-396 bc - from Artaxerxes decree to the arrival of Nehemiah and the covenant renewal celebration at Jerusalem - fulfilled
Sixty-two sevens- 434 years - 396bc - 32 ad- From the dedication of the second temple to the Crucifixion of the Lord Jesus Christ - fulfilled
One seven - 7 years - Covenant "confirmed" - after 3 1/2 years sacrifices caused to cease, abomination set up - unfulfilled

I assume you are talking about the 'seven' or the time when fields are left fallow , once out of every seven years, seeded six years and left fallow in the seventh.
No I am talking about 7 years of tribulation on earth as a final encouragement to serve God

Check various NT verses concerning mystery. You will find that the age that we now live in was a mystery to the Jews which of course has now been revealed. It has interupted them serving God in the way that was established however this will be restored

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
HI A4C.

Seven sevens- 49 years -445-396 bc - from Artaxerxes decree to the arrival of Nehemiah and the covenant renewal celebration at Jerusalem - fulfilled
What can you tell me about this decree of Artaxerxes and what is this declaration by Cyrus, King of Persia.

'The LORD , the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah.
Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
hi A4C,

Except in Ezra 7 the temple already existed as we see here.

15 Moreover, you are to take with you the silver and gold that the king and his advisers have freely given to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem,

as well as the freewill offerings of the people and priests for the temple of their God in Jerusalem. 17 With this money be sure to buy bulls, rams and male lambs, together with their grain offerings and drink offerings, and sacrifice them on the altar of the temple of your God in Jerusalem.

19 Deliver to the God of Jerusalem all the articles entrusted to you for worship in the temple of your God

20 And anything else needed for the temple of your God that you may have occasion to supply, you may provide from the royal treasury.

27 Praise be to the LORD , the God of our fathers, who has put it into the king's heart to bring honor to the house of the LORD in Jerusalem in this way

Cyrus was appointed to build the temple and that was back in 5??? What does this do to your interpretation of the prophecy in Daniel 9?

Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi A4C,

This 'mystery' thing.

One 'mystery is talked about here:

7But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."

That 'mystery' is revealed here:

1 Cor 15
51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep,...............

That includes everybody not just Israel.
Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,283.00
Faith
Christian
brinley45cal said:
But here (john)is referring to those great world empires from the time of the original babylon of nimrods day which have been dominated by the false occultic religion of babylon.
The seven Genntile world kingdoms are the assyrian,medo-persian,greek,egyptian,babylonian,roman,and revived roman empire (revelation 12:3).
The seventh future kingdom, the revived roman empire,will last for seven years (one week of years) from the day the antichrist signs a seven year covenant to protect israel.Seven years will be the length of the tribulation period.
But thanks for the post you do bring up some interesting points,God Bless
One must take into consideration what is said about in Daniel. All of Daniel is based out on the exile from Jerusalem. Revelation was written based out of Christian persecution. Daniel was about faith and being delivered from the Gentiles by God. The Revelation is the same, whereas the Gentile 'antitype' would be those who reject God for the most part.
It would be wise to consider that it started with Nebuchadnezzar because Israel was a kingdom itself until Babylon came. Assyria never really devoured or conquered Israel, only Samaria.
Egypt didn't conquer Israel once they had already established themselves in the Holy Land.
While it is possible that you could be correct, it would be best to keep an open mind to the thought that maybe he was referring to kings.

To be honest, I think he might have been talking about dynasty's. If that were so, it could shed more light on why Daniel referred to seven different kings as just one 'king of the North.' Really think about it, though. He said the eighth king is the beast and is 'of the seven.' The seven are all referred to as the beast, but only the last is the big bad wolf. Ya dig? Thanks and the Lord bless you.

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,283.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi A4C,

Justme
The mystery was, as Paul explained it, that the Gentiles recieved salvation while many of the Jews were clueless. This was a mystery to the Gentiles until they recieved Jesus and still remains a mystery to a lot of non-believing Jews.
The mystery plays it part where Daniel says that he(possibly the Messiah?) will confirm a covenant with many(Gentiles?) for one week. And in the middle of the week, he will cause sacrifice and oblation to cease(done at the cross) and for the overspreading of abominations(caused by the Jews in Jerusalem) will make it(temple)desolate, even unto the consummation(even until the end of the 70th week), and that determined(Daniel 9:24; the purpose for the seventy weeks) will be poured out on the desolate. AKJV is my choice of translation when it comes to this. That which was determined to be poured out on the desolate is the spirit of grace and supplication, as written by Zechariah, and will be poured out on the house of David, and they will look on him, the one they have pierced, and will mourn for him as father mourns for his only son.
Notice that in Daniel 9, Daniel is praying for who? The Jews and Jerusalem; the desolate! The Lord bless you.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi A4C,

Well, the decree was issued in 559 BC according to Ezra 1

2 "This is what Cyrus king of Persia says:
" 'The LORD , the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah.

BUT here is what Daniel says about that.
25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.

I would say that the prophecy of Daniel concerning the 'sevens' is the most understood part of the bible after Genesis.

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,283.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi A4C,

Well, the decree was issued in 559 BC according to Ezra 1

2 "This is what Cyrus king of Persia says:
" 'The LORD , the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah.

BUT here is what Daniel says about that.
25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.

I would say that the prophecy of Daniel concerning the 'sevens' is the most understood part of the bible after Genesis.

Justme
wasn't there three decrees? It wasn't until Nehemiah concerned the king by his saddened state.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Barraco,

I used this verse concerning the decree to rebiuld the temple........

In the first year of King Cyrus, the king issued a decree concerning the temple of God in Jerusalem: Let the temple be rebuilt as a place to present sacrifices, and let its foundations be laid.

Would it be necessary to issue three decrees to do this one thing?

However, I am going to read the Nehemiah story again just to see.

Justme

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,283.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi Barraco,

I used this verse concerning the decree to rebiuld the temple........

In the first year of King Cyrus, the king issued a decree concerning the temple of God in Jerusalem: Let the temple be rebuilt as a place to present sacrifices, and let its foundations be laid.

Would it be necessary to issue three decrees to do this one thing?

However, I am going to read the Nehemiah story again just to see.

Justme
please do. I look forward to understanding the history of this. I've been a little preoccupied with other Scriptures lately. GOD bless.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Barraco,

I read the book of Nehemiah. The chapters of interest here are the first five or six and there it talks of rebuilding the wall that surrounds Jerusalem, nothing about the temple really.

I was aware of a biblical reference to fallow fields every seventh year and I found it in Nehemiah when I read it. That is the justification for saying these sevens in Daniel are seven years long I guess.

Justme

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.