Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Forum,

I would like to tie verse Rev. 17:10 in with some point in history or determine that there are no points in history that do fit...whichever.

Rev 17:10
They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for a little while.

The Basics:

One of my basic assumptions is that this has something to do with Jesus Christ. Therefore I don't see any need to look for a combination of rulers to fit this verse from before the birth of Christ. Having said that, it is obvious there have been more than seven kings in history so this verse has to pertain to a certain period of time on earth. There will be more than seven kings in the future too, methinks.

I am assuming that 'kings' may include leaders by different titles and therefore feel we should look at presidents, Prime Ministers,Emporors and such.

From the verse we know that Revelation takes place during the time of the sixth 'king.'

Any other assumptions that should be included?

The first, and only thing to this point, I looked at was to see if there is anything that fits in modern day Israel. It doesn't. There have already been more than seven called presidents and I forget how many called prime ministers since back in the late 40's.

Comments please,

Justme

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Vin,

Wouldn't it seem to you that only one king is left to come to power of this group of seven kings and then he will reign and somehow fit in with six other kings in all of history?
No, it sure doesn't. To assume that only allows one possible outcome and all other reasoning must be ignored. That's how false religious doctrine got started in the first place. That may easily be the case, but to assume that and ignore al other possibilities proves absolutely nothing. Do we want to learn or do we intentionly skew things to a certain belief?

The book of revelation depicts a vision as seen by John. That vision encompasses a specific period of time. It takes place during the rule of the sixth king, at least the one that 'is' is most definately part of it. This vision can depict any point in time, a time during which these seven 'kings' existed or will exist. As I said in my last post, the only thing I have found so far is that it ISN'T modern day Israel, meaning that the 1948 thing beginning the 'generation is incorrect using Rev 17:10.

Justme

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

The only One I see that shows a king coming is this One here or Christ and I am trying to figure that one out:scratch: The 7 churches symbolically could represent the 7 heads, as the slain Lamb has 7 horns. 5 have sinned and fallen, one is Thyatira and the other is Philadelphia that is left. Still working on that one though.

reve 5:Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals." 6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

reve 11:16 And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying: "We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.

"And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 "For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. 18 "And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Vin,

Okay let's go thru this slowly as to not screw up.

Rev 17:10
10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.

There are seven kings. As you said five have died off, been kicked out or in whatever way have passed thru the system. The sixth is the one who is...in other words when this sixth 'king' is going on is the time when the Book of Revelation is talking about. So if you say Domintian is the sixth king it is at that TIME WHEN all this took place. However, nothing during Domitians reign lines up with the vision so we can throw that theory out too i would think.

The 8th king still must come back to reign.
Not even close.

11 "The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.

The beast, 666, Luke 21 ..think carefully now!

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi forum,

So in this quest to locate the Five who were and the one who is I looked at the United Nations. Many speak of some world govenment and this is connected with the end times of Revelation.

The United Nations doesn't fit either. Kofi Annan became the seventh secretary general in 1997 according to a website I popped in on so we can eliminate the United NAtions from fitting the intent of Revelation 17:10.

Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi ICF,

THe beast was around, then it was thown in the abyss. That is if you consider the beast to be evil or the devil, Satan.

It was and is not, but will be again. It is let out or awhile at the end of the 1000 years. If you consider the events to be 70 ad stuff well then the fifth king would be Nero who's name calculates to 666 I understand. It would make sense for John not to publically put forth the name of the Emporor who is killing christians by the dozens just because they are christians, thus John codes it as 666. That then could be taken as the eigth king who was really one of the seven. Nero was the anti christ. It also dates the writing of Revelation to 68 AD circa.

All of that would also fit with Luke 21 as it states that the abomination would actually be an army....Nero's army.

I don't want to get into these kings right away, I want to look at all possible combinations of rulers who may fit in for the present time. People are pushing that these are the end times. To be the end times there have to be five rulers gone and one that IS.....Does that situation exist today. If it doesn't, this talk of present endtimes is hogwash. Plain and simple.

Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi forum,

Heres one for you.

If I look at the list of Popes and count from when Israel became a nation/country/whatever it become in 1948 ...there is five up to now!!!!!!!! The great tribulation story is underway during the time of the sixth 'king' in Revelation 17:10.

Somewhere I read how some popes name added up to 666,,,any clue's?

Justme

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

Justme said:
Hi forum,

Heres one for you.

If I look at the list of Popes and count from when Israel became a nation/country/whatever it become in 1948 ...there is five up to now!!!!!!!! The great tribulation story is underway during the time of the sixth 'king' in Revelation 17:10.

Somewhere I read how some popes name added up to 666,,,any clue's?

Justme
THe beast was around, then it was thown in the abyss. That is if you consider the beast to be evil or the devil, Satan.
Being thrown in an abyss is of course being "restrained". So some army was being restrained by God untill the right time to be let loose. This same beast is the one being allowed to kill the "saints".

I have a view on the "heads" but I am not ready to post it yet.:preach:

16 "And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 "For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. 18 "And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

reve 13:3 And [I saw] one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.

reve 5: 6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Only Christ had the keys to death and hades and was the restrainer, so this could be symbolically Michael the Prince as the "star".:eek:

Revelation 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star descend/fall from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.

reve 3:7 " And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, ' These things says He who is holy, He who is true, "He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens":

reve 17:8 "The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

reve 11: 7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.