Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Where is the scripture that says EVERYDAY is the SABBATH? I thought the scriptures taught that the SEVENTH DAY is the SABBATH of the LORD your God? (Exodus 20:8-11; Genesis 2:1-3; Hebrews 4:1-5; 9).
Yes, but that law was given to unconverted Jews and they had to obey it, along with offering sacrifices for sin. They did not have a new heart, a spirit made alive, nor were they born again. When Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected, those outward laws passed into history and were replaced by the new law of the spirit of life that was put into the new heart of the Christian believer. It is the law of love, which supercedes all the law and the prophets. It is shown through the manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit, which if it is the foundation of a Christian's conduct, totally replaces the whole Law of Moses.

However, if you believe that you need to follow the Law, including keeping the Saturday Sabbath, you have to follow the whole Law WITHOUT A SINGLE FAULT FOR YOUR WHOLE LIFE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE, otherwise you have broken the Law and brought a curse upon yourself. This includes being circumcised, because those who were not circumcised under the Law were shut out of the society of Israel.

Furthermore, for Gentile Christians, according to the first Council of Jerusalem, attended by Paul and the Apostles, only three requirements were made: Keep away from fornication, don't eat blood, and don't eat food offered to idols. Keeping the Sabbath was not included, and therefore not required for Gentile Christians.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So if you don't speak in tongues, you don't have the Spirit?
A good question. When John the Baptist said that he baptised with water, but Someone was going to come after him and He will baptise them with the Spirit and they will automatically speak in tongues to show that they genuinely have the Spirit in them. (Whoops! I'd better go back and read it again. It doesn't look right to me!) :sorry::sorry::sorry:

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you feel accused everytime scripture is quoted? There is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath. The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath (Mark 2:27)
That's not fair. A complete exaggeration on your part. You were quoting scripture at me as if you thought I was lost. I wondered why you would call me "brother" out of one side of your mouth and then carry on like I was a lost soul out of the other side. You fabricated this accused claim and now use it like a weapon against me. Just to be clear, a fabrication is a lie. So please stop.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking you might come back with this one.

1 Corinthians 14:14
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.
This is interesting. I did a little looking and the original Greek has "τὸ" before "spirit". Which is translated "my" and "the" in various places. So it could mean "The Spirit" or "my spirit" depending on several factors.

That being said I will lean in the direction of "The Spirit" in 1Cor 14:14 as meaning the Holy Spirit doing the talking and Paul not understanding. This situation would not be helpful to the congregation.

I'll revise my post by saying Rom 8:26-28 refers to the Holy Spirit and God working together and not the believer at all. I say this because of 2Cor 2:11b.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture says you have the Spirit if you are a believer.
That's good. I agree. The gifts (manifestations) of the Spirit are for the whole body. I won't ask you to name them, but are you manifesting gifts of the Spirit?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, but thisis not the full story here. Not all have the same gifts and none have God's Spirit or his gifts while living in KNOWN UNREPANTANT sin. Dont forget that it is also not a test as the ANTICHRIST will come with miracles and signs and lying wonders. What is the difference between God's people and the children of the devil? *1 JOHN 3:3-10. God's people have God's Spirit and do not practice sin.
So, how is the modern use of the supernatural gifts of the Spirit lead people away from faith in Christ? Because that is what the lying signs and wonders will do. They will turn people's hearts away from Christ to follow the AntiChrist. In my experience, the manifestation of the Spiritual gifts in any church I have been to have been to strengthen believers' faith in Christ and not away from Him.

So, what supernatural gifts do you practice? You didn't specify.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you for sharing. We clearly come from completely different theologies. I should not have replied to you in the way I did as it was snaky. I pray you have a wonderful relationship with the Lord and hope we can talk about this after all is settled. It does not appear we can walk in fellowship in the word at this time.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have the Spirit of prophey. Not all have the same gifts. If you teach God's LAW is abolished then how can you have God's Spirit when if you break God's LAW you commit sin and it is sin that separates us from God?
Read Galatians 5:1-15 and tell me what it says in relation to folks keeping the Law in order to be justified before God.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing. We clearly come from completely different theologies. I should not have replied to you in the way I did as it was snaky. I pray you have a wonderful relationship with the Lord and hope we can talk about this after all is settled. It does not appear we can walk in fellowship in the word at this time.
Not sure I understand, but do what you need to. PM me if you want to take it off forum. It seems that I may have offended you unknowingly.

--- EDIT ---

Sorry. I thought you were talking to me.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Stone-n-Steel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,347.00
Faith
Christian
That's good. I agree. The gifts (manifestations) of the Spirit are for the whole body. I won't ask you to name them, but are you manifesting gifts of the Spirit?

Every believer has a spiritual gift. But that is not the evidence of having the Spirit. If you want to see evidence of someone having the Spirit, look for the fruit of the Spirit:

Galatians 5:19-23
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi OSCAR, some scripture and comments for your consideration below.

Yes, but that law was given to unconverted Jews and they had to obey it, along with offering sacrifices for sin.
So you agree that God's 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH? How were the JEWS unconverted when they were God's people? What were the sacrifices for and what did they point to?
They did not have a new heart, a spirit made alive, nor were they born again.
Who says God's people were not Born again in the OLD COVENANT with a new heart to LOVE GOD and their neighbor? * HEBREWS 11; DEUTERONOMY 30:6; DEUTERONOMY 6:5; LEVITICUS 19:18.
When Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected, those outward laws passed into history and were replaced by the new law of the spirit of life that was put into the new heart of the Christian believer. It is the law of love, which supercedes all the law and the prophets. It is shown through the manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit, which if it is the foundation of a Christian's conduct, totally replaces the whole Law of Moses.
What outward laws passed away? Some mix up the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT (Exodus 24:7) with God's eternal law that give us a KNOWLEDGE of GOOD AND EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTOUESNESS (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; Psalms 119:172) and lead us to Jesus (Romans 3:9-20; Galatians 3:22-25)
However, if you believe that you need to follow the Law, including keeping the Saturday Sabbath, you have to follow the whole Law WITHOUT A SINGLE FAULT FOR YOUR WHOLE LIFE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE, otherwise you have broken the Law and brought a curse upon yourself. This includes being circumcised, because those who were not circumcised under the Law were shut out of the society of Israel.

We are only saved by GRACE through faith it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8). Grace however is for the fruit of OBEDIENCE to God's LAW by faith *ROMANS 1:5; ROMANS 16:26. FAITH does not abolish God's LAW it ESTABLISHES God's LAW (Romans 3:31). LOVE is the fulfilling and establsihing of GOD's LAW in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD (Romans 13:8-19; Romans 3:31).

Brother you mix up the Shadow laws from the Mosaic BOOK of the Covenant with God's eternal law (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of sin and lead us to the cross of Christ (Galatians 3:22-25) so that we might walk in his Spirit and receive his gifts (Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4).

Furthermore, for Gentile Christians, according to the first Council of Jerusalem, attended by Paul and the Apostles, only three requirements were made: Keep away from fornication, don't eat blood, and don't eat food offered to idols. Keeping the Sabbath was not included, and therefore not required for Gentile Christians.

There are no gentiles in the NEW COVENANT. GENTILES are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL. IF you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise (Hebrews 8:10-12). ACTS 15 is in relation to the Shadow law of CIRCUMCISION as a requirement of salvation v1-3. ACTS 15 is not saying gentiles are now free to break the 10 commandments and there are two separate laws under the NEW COVENANT one for JEWS and one for GENTILES. Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL and the NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL *HEBREWS 8:10-12 from JEREMIAH 31:31-34

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure I understand, but do what you need to. PM me if you want to take it off forum. It seems that I may have offended you unknowingly.
I was replying to LGW and not you or the forum. I did too much edits on this post and it removed the quote from my reply. I'm all good and enjoy your posts. We are much closer theology wise then LGW. I just did not want to carry on the snaky remarks as I know I can do which is not very Christian.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Now OSCARR, really? Who is keeping the law in order to be justified?
I don't keep the Saturday Sabbath, so does that mean that I am not justified before God, and therefore unsaved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't keep the Saturday Sabbath, so does that mean that I am not justified before God, and therefore unsaved?

God's WORD makes it very clear that he has honest people living up to all the scriptures he has revealed to them in every church. Many break God's 4th commandments out of ignorance to what they have been taught since they were very young. I know you and many people here as long as you are living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to you are God's people.

The time is coming and now is however that God's true people wherever they maybe will worship God in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and they that worship him much wprship him in Spirit and in truth.

GOD is calling his people wherever they may be to come out from following man made traditions in order to follow his according to his WORD and to walk as he walked.

WHY SUNDAY OVER GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT WHICH IS ONE OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS? ARE YOU FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS AND TRADITIONS HANDED DOWN BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH?

The answer to your question is this...

ACTS 17:30-31 [30], AND THE TIMES OF IGNOFRANCE GOD OVERLOOKED; BUT NOW [When a KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH is come] COMMANDS ALL MEN EVERYWHERE TO REPENT:
[31], Because he has appointed a day, in which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained; and of this he has given assurance unto all men, in that he has raised him from the dead.

and

JAMES 4:17, Therefore TO HIM THE KNOWS TO DO GOOD, AND DOES IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN.

It is sin if you KNOW what God's WORD says and do not follow it * ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:8-11; 1 JOHN 3:4.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN * HEBREWS 10:26-27.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God's WORD makes it very clear that he has honest people living up to all the scriptures he has revealed to them in every church. Many break God's 4th commandments out of ignorance to what they have been taught since they were very young. I know you and many people here as long as you are living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to you are God's people.

The time is coming and now is however that God's true people wherever they maybe will worship God in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and they that worship him much wprship him in Spirit and in truth.

GOD is calling his people wherever they may be to come out from following man made traditions in order to follow his according to his WORD and to walk as he walked.

WHY SUNDAY OVER GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT WHICH IS ONE OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS? ARE YOU FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS AND TRADITIONS HANDED DOWN BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH?

The answer to your question is this...

ACTS 17:30-31 [30], AND THE TIMES OF IGNOFRANCE GOD OVERLOOKED; BUT NOW [When a KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH is come] COMMANDS ALL MEN EVERYWHERE TO REPENT:
[31], Because he has appointed a day, in which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained; and of this he has given assurance unto all men, in that he has raised him from the dead.

and

JAMES 4:17, Therefore TO HIM THE KNOWS TO DO GOOD, AND DOES IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN.

It is sin if you KNOW what God's WORD says and do not follow it * ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:8-11; 1 JOHN 3:4.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN * HEBREWS 10:26-27.

Hope this helps
I read through your extensive post to see if you had directly answered my question. I was beginning to think that you had not, until the very last sentence, in which you are strongly implying that I am not saved because I do not observe the Saturday Sabbath. You put the reference in capitals because you wanted to make the point very very clearly!

But, I know that under the New Covenant I am not obligated to follow the Jewish Sabbath and I don't have to observe any particular day as a holy day. My Scriptural authority is in the book of Galatians:

"But now that you know God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you are turning back to those weak and worthless principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that my efforts for you may have been in vain.…" (Galatians 4:9-11).

What Paul is saying here that observing special holy days, whether they be the Jewish Sabbath or Sunday, is turning back to weak and worthless principles. In effect, observing any special holy day is departing from the gospel of Christ and those who do, Christ is of no value to them.

So you are saying that those who do not observe the Jewish Sabbath will not enter into heaven, while Paul is saying that observing it is a weak and worthless principle. So who is right here? You or Paul?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every believer has a spiritual gift. But that is not the evidence of having the Spirit. If you want to see evidence of someone having the Spirit, look for the fruit of the Spirit:

Galatians 5:19-23
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
That's quite a list. How are you doing with that?
A good point about the fruit though. I'll give you credit for that.
So, you say that every believer has a spiritual gift. What about you?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I read through your extensive post to see if you had directly answered my question. I was beginning to think that you had not, until the very last sentence, in which you are strongly implying that I am not saved because I do not observe the Saturday Sabbath. You put the reference in capitals because you wanted to make the point very very clearly!

But, I know that under the New Covenant I am not obligated to follow the Jewish Sabbath and I don't have to observe any particular day as a holy day. My Scriptural authority is in the book of Galatians:

"But now that you know God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you are turning back to those weak and worthless principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that my efforts for you may have been in vain.…" (Galatians 4:9-11).

What Paul is saying here that observing special holy days, whether they be the Jewish Sabbath or Sunday, is turning back to weak and worthless principles. In effect, observing any special holy day is departing from the gospel of Christ and those who do, Christ is of no value to them.

So you are saying that those who do not observe the Jewish Sabbath will not enter into heaven, while Paul is saying that observing it is a weak and worthless principle. So who is right here? You or Paul?

Oscar the capitals I do for scripture in most of my posts when highlighting points of scripture. In this case I was only trying to show if someone is ignorant then good over looks what they may be doing until God reveals a KNOWLEDGE if his WORD. AT this point God expects us to change our ways, repent and follow him. God does this in LOVE to all of us. This is what is called growing in GRACE and KNOWELEDGE so we can have a closer walk with Jesus. Some call this "sanctification" which is the work of a lifetime.

Oscar check these scriptures out about growing in GRACE...

GROWING IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD’S WORD

When we first come to Jesus. It is based on faith alone and also on all the knowledge that God has revealed to us at any given point of our conversion. After we come to Jesus by faith and recieve his peace and joy we are babes in Christ because we do not know much and at this time we are all held accountable to God for what we know and not what we do not know in the truth of his Word.

At this time we are to GROW in Christ to have a closer walk with him day by day. This is the provess of Sanctification and as some say is the work of a lifetime growing every day in and learning how to walk in faith in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD.

The Holy Spirit as we continue in God's WORD will help us to have a closer walk with Jesus as we learn of him through his WORD God expects us to change our lives and to live up to all the light he reveals to us through his Word.

2 PETER 3:17-18 [17]
[17], You therefore, beloved, seeing you know these things before, beware lest you also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
[18], But grow in grace, and in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 PETER 1:1-8
[1], Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ:
[2], Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, AND OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,
[3], According as his divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the KNOWLEDGE of him that has called us to glory and virtue:
[4], Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
[5], And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
[6], And to KNOWLEDGE temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
[7], And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
[8], For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord Jesus Christ.
now in times of IGNORANCE when we do not know any better as we are babes and children growing in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, God does not hold us accountable to things we do not know and to things he has not revealed to us or has not taught us.

ACTS 17:30
[30], And the times of this ignorance God winked at [does not hold us accountable]; BUT NOW [WHEN A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH HAS COME] commands all men every where to repent.

When God reveals to us a KNOWLEDGE of the truth, then he expects us to change [REPENT] and to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. At this time God has revealed to us a new KNOWLEDGE to help us to have a closer walk with him.

At EVERY POINT in the Christian life, as we grow in grace and in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, we have a decision to make. Do I NOW BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD? Or do I not BELIEVE God's WORD and not change our lives?

If we choose NOT to BELIEVE AND FOLLOW God's WORD or simply BELIEVE but DO NOT FOLLOW God's WORD because we LOVE SIN more then having a closer walk with Jesus until we REPENT and BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD we become "UNBELIEVERS" No unbeliever has part in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they have fallen from Grace.

JAMES 4:17 [17] Therefore to him that KNOWS to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

If we reject God's WORD when Jesus is calling us to GROW in GRACE and in the KNOWLEDGE of his WORD it is the same as rejecting Jesus.

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,[27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

It is only as we CONTINUE in God's WORD gainig a KNOWLEDGE to Follow Jesus that we continue to be his disciples.

JOHN 8:31 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are you my disciples indeed [this means CONTINUE TO GROW in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, BY BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD]; [32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If we fail to CONTINUE in his WORD BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD then at that point we no longer are his Children. Many Christians will be lost come judgment day because when God revlealed more of his WORD to them to help them to have a closer walk with Jesus they choose their SINS over the WORD of God.

JOHN 3:19 [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) God's 4th commandments is not a Shadow law. It is one of the 10 Commandments that give us a KNOWLEDGE of sin. If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

This is what it means to Grow in Grace. As God gives us more knowledge we are able to have a closer walk with him. It is a blessing. It is only a curse when we reject God's WORD then we become "UNBELIEVER" and whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oscar the capitals I do for scripture in most of my posts when highlighting points of scripture. In this case I was only trying to show if someone is ignorant then good over looks what they may be doing until God reveals a KNOWLEDGE if his WORD. AT this point God expects us to change our ways, repent and follow him. God does this in LOVE to all of us. This is what is called growing in GRACE and KNOWELEDGE so we can have a closer walk with Jesus. Some call this "sanctification" which is the work of a lifetime.

Oscar check these scriptures out about growing in GRACE...

GROWING IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD’S WORD

When we first come to Jesus. It is based on faith alone and also on all the knowledge that God has revealed to us at any given point of our conversion. After we come to Jesus by faith and recieve his peace and joy we are babes in Christ because we do not know much and at this time we are all held accountable to God for what we know and not what we do not know in the truth of his Word.

At this time we are to GROW in Christ to have a closer walk with him day by day. This is the provess of Sanctification and as some say is the work of a lifetime growing every day in and learning how to walk in faith in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD.

The Holy Spirit as we continue in God's WORD will help us to have a closer walk with Jesus as we learn of him through his WORD God expects us to change our lives and to live up to all the light he reveals to us through his Word.

2 PETER 3:17-18 [17]
[17], You therefore, beloved, seeing you know these things before, beware lest you also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.
[18], But grow in grace, and in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 PETER 1:1-8
[1], Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ:
[2], Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, AND OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,
[3], According as his divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the KNOWLEDGE of him that has called us to glory and virtue:
[4], Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
[5], And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
[6], And to KNOWLEDGE temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
[7], And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
[8], For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord Jesus Christ.
now in times of IGNORANCE when we do not know any better as we are babes and children growing in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, God does not hold us accountable to things we do not know and to things he has not revealed to us or has not taught us.

ACTS 17:30
[30], And the times of this ignorance God winked at [does not hold us accountable]; BUT NOW [WHEN A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH HAS COME] commands all men every where to repent.

When God reveals to us a KNOWLEDGE of the truth, then he expects us to change [REPENT] and to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. At this time God has revealed to us a new KNOWLEDGE to help us to have a closer walk with him.

At EVERY POINT in the Christian life, as we grow in grace and in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, we have a decision to make. Do I NOW BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD? Or do I not BELIEVE God's WORD and not change our lives?

If we choose NOT to BELIEVE AND FOLLOW God's WORD or simply BELIEVE but DO NOT FOLLOW God's WORD because we LOVE SIN more then having a closer walk with Jesus until we REPENT and BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD we become "UNBELIEVERS" No unbeliever has part in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they have fallen from Grace.

JAMES 4:17 [17] Therefore to him that KNOWS to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

If we reject God's WORD when Jesus is calling us to GROW in GRACE and in the KNOWLEDGE of his WORD it is the same as rejecting Jesus.

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,[27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

It is only as we CONTINUE in God's WORD gainig a KNOWLEDGE to Follow Jesus that we continue to be his disciples.

JOHN 8:31 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are you my disciples indeed [this means CONTINUE TO GROW in the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD, BY BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD]; [32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If we fail to CONTINUE in his WORD BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's WORD then at that point we no longer are his Children. Many Christians will be lost come judgment day because when God revlealed more of his WORD to them to help them to have a closer walk with Jesus they choose their SINS over the WORD of God.

JOHN 3:19 [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) God's 4th commandments is not a Shadow law. It is one of the 10 Commandments that give us a KNOWLEDGE of sin. If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

This is what it means to Grow in Grace. As God gives us more knowledge we are able to have a closer walk with him. It is a blessing. It is only a curse when we reject God's WORD then we become "UNBELIEVER" and whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Hope this helps.
Did you know that Jesus, as the sinless Son of God, has kept the Law for us when we couldn't? If keeping the Law was vitally important for salvation, then the Law had to be kept right from young childhood through to death without one single fault. Who of us has achieved that? None of us. Therefore we have all transgressed the Law and therefore are all guilty. There is none righteous, no not one, and all are condemned to death.

But Jesus not only kept the Law for us, but He paid the price for us not keeping it, so because we have faith in Christ's substitutionary sacrifice for us, God has made us righteous through His grace through faith.

The Law has been kept already. Jesus kept it for us. Therefore through faith in Him we are no longer obligated because our debt to the Law has already been paid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0