Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So, you admit to using "proof-texts"? Wow.

Do you have anything useful to share about tongues?

I thought I just did? None have God's Spirit or his gifts while living a life on known unrepentant sin.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought I just did? None have God's Spirit or his gifts while living a life on known unrepentant sin.
If you don't have tongues how can you claim to have the Spirit? Tongues is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God's Spirit and his gifts are never given to those knowingly practicing sin or breaking God's commandments (Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19). Don't you teach God's 10 commandments are abolished ?
The outward set of commandments have been replaced by the believer being born again and given a new heart to follow the law of the spirit of life in Christ. The outward set of laws and rules are the law of sin and death. The first part of Galatians 5 says that those who try to follow the law to be accepted of God have fallen from grace and that Christ is of no value to them. But the law of the Spirit and of life puts the desire for holiness in the believer's heart so there is no necessity to follow the commandments as a set of external rules imposed on them. Whether you follow the outward set of laws and rules or whether you don't follow them, there is no value in either. It is having a good heart through faith in Christ, and not using the freedom that Christ has made us free from the external rules to engage in the acts of the flesh.

At the Judgment, the only sin that will be judged is a person's rejection of Christ. Whether a person follows the Ten Commandments or not will not even be on the agenda!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, who are you are accusing of "living a life on known unrepentant sin"?

I thought you said that I was off the hook for the law on the "ignorance" clause. I don't feel any conviction in regards to not keeping the Jewish Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If one lives a life of known unrepentant sin do they have God's Spirit and are they in a saved state before God or an unsaved state before God?
How many genuine born again believers do you know who are living in a state of unrepentant sin? And how do you know whether the sin is unrepentant? Furthermore, how are you qualified to judge another believer concerning sin in his life?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The scripture was provided along with Acts 2:38 and Acts 3:19 as proof texts to show that none have God's Spirit while continuing in a life of known unrepentant sin and that repentance is a requirement of forgiveness and acceptance with God before he gives anyone his Spirit.

ACT 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

ACT 3:19 Repent therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; [the refreshing is God's Spirit]

1 JOHN 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

PROVERBS 28:13 He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whosoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.
No genuine born again believer would even think about having unrepentant sin remaining in his life. It is not in his new heart to allow that to happen, because the Holy Spirit would convict him of it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I thought you said that I was off the hook for the law on the "ignorance" clause. I don't feel any conviction in regards to not keeping the Jewish Sabbath.
Every day is the Sabbath for me, because I thank God for another day when I get up in the morning, and again thank Him for the day when I go to bed at night. I don't need to dedicate a particular day to the Lord because His Spirit is in me and I have fellowship with the Lord every day of the week!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you don't have tongues how can you claim to have the Spirit? Tongues is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit.

I have the Spirit of prophey. Not all have the same gifts. If you teach God's LAW is abolished then how can you have God's Spirit when if you break God's LAW you commit sin and it is sin that separates us from God?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The outward set of commandments have been replaced by the believer being born again and given a new heart to follow the law of the spirit of life in Christ. The outward set of laws and rules are the law of sin and death. The first part of Galatians 5 says that those who try to follow the law to be accepted of God have fallen from grace and that Christ is of no value to them. But the law of the Spirit and of life puts the desire for holiness in the believer's heart so there is no necessity to follow the commandments as a set of external rules imposed on them. Whether you follow the outward set of laws and rules or whether you don't follow them, there is no value in either. It is having a good heart through faith in Christ, and not using the freedom that Christ has made us free from the external rules to engage in the acts of the flesh.

At the Judgment, the only sin that will be judged is a person's rejection of Christ. Whether a person follows the Ten Commandments or not will not even be on the agenda!

None are born again while breaking any of God's Commandments (1 John 3:3-10)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Why do you feel accused everytime scripture is quoted? There is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath. The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath (Mark 2:27)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Every day is the Sabbath for me, because I thank God for another day when I get up in the morning, and again thank Him for the day when I go to bed at night. I don't need to dedicate a particular day to the Lord because His Spirit is in me and I have fellowship with the Lord every day of the week!

Where is the scripture that says EVERYDAY is the SABBATH? I thought the scriptures taught that the SEVENTH DAY is the SABBATH of the LORD your God? (Exodus 20:8-11; Genesis 2:1-3; Hebrews 4:1-5; 9).

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God's Spirit and his gifts are never given to those knowingly practicing sin or breaking God's commandments (Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19). Don't you teach God's 10 commandments are abolished ?
Lets examine the gifts you are practising. Do you speak in tongues, prophesy, lay hands on the sick, work miracles, use supernatural faith to overcome difficulties, have words of knowledge when counselling others, have words of wisdom to provide God's answers to difficult problems or situations, when you hear someone speaking out in tongues can you interpret?

Because you observe the Ten Commandments, and practice them, and have no unrepentant sin in your life, then these manifestations of the Spirit should be evident, shouldn't they?

I know my friend Swordsman1 will say the gifts are not evident because they are not for today's church, and I respect his opinion; but that is not my point here, because you are saying that the reason why the gifts are not evident is because of unrepentant sin. So, in view of your statement, the supernatural gifts should be regularly manifested in you and those with whom you fellowship. Am I right, or am I right? :)

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have the Spirit of prophey. Not all have the same gifts. If you teach God's LAW is abolished then how can you have God's Spirit when if you break God's LAW you commit sin and it is sin that separates us from God?
You have the "Spirit of prophecy"? (code for Ellen G. White)
Isn't your gift of prophecy dead?

I don't teach that God's law is abolished.
And all of us commit sin. Are you claiming to be sinless?

1 John 1:10
If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The value of posting the topic here is for the silent readers who view the posts and ponder these things in their hearts. They view all sides of the debate and make their own choice about what they decide to believe or not believe.

There was a time that I was a silent reader, and I too pondered about speaking in tongues. Had you not given your teaching on how to receive this gift, I probably would still be pondering about it. It is a beautiful language and I am grateful to stumble upon your teaching on this subject. I can attest that this teaching is 100 percent correct and will work for all of those that are truly in Him. To walk in The Spirit and to speak and pray in tongues, truly makes the words, "to be in the world but not of it" and "born from above" come alive to me. I feel like a sojourner here on earth, ready at an instant to speak or preach our Fathers Words. Keep fighting the good fight Oscar, and be Bold and of good Courage.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Lets examine the gifts you are practising. Do you speak in tongues, prophesy, lay hands on the sick, work miracles, use supernatural faith to overcome difficulties, have words of knowledge when counselling others, have words of wisdom to provide God's answers to difficult problems or situations, when you hear someone speaking out in tongues can you interpret?

Because you observe the Ten Commandments, and practice them, and have no unrepentant sin in your life, then these manifestations of the Spirit should be evident, shouldn't they?

I know my friend Swordsman1 will say the gifts are not evident because they are not for today's church, and I respect his opinion; but that is not my point here, because you are saying that the reason why the gifts are not evident is because of unrepentant sin. So, in view of your statement, the supernatural gifts should be regularly manifested in you and those with whom you fellowship. Am I right, or am I right? :)

Absolutely, but this is not the full story here. Not all have the same gifts and none have God's Spirit or his gifts while living in KNOWN UNREPANTANT sin. Dont forget that it is also not a test as the ANTICHRIST will come with miracles and signs and lying wonders. What is the difference between God's people and the children of the devil? *1 JOHN 3:3-10. God's people have God's Spirit and do not practice sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if you don't speak in tongues, you don't have the Spirit?
It was a question, not a statement.
You don't have to speak in tongues to have the Spirit. Though I believe everyone with the Spirit can speak in tongues. But you don't have to. How do you know if you have the Spirit?

Upvote 0