Visit site
✟8,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was at the store wondering whether to buy low fat milk or soy milk. Unfortunately my local stores don't sell fat free milk, which is best for my diet.

The low fat milk didn't have added sugar, but it had a lot more saturated fat than the soy milk. Of course the low fat milk would've been a more natural and less processed choice.

But I believe that my body already creates its own saturated fat, so I don't need saturated fat from foods at all. Sugar, though, might be more important. I think my body converts sugars to energy before converting fats to energy. So saturated fats would probably stay longer in my body, as opposed to sugars. This would probably cause weight problems, and being overweight is associated with some illnesses like diabetes.

So I bought the soy milk instead. Added sugars don't feel quite healthy for me, especially for my teeth health. I usually prefer natural sugars like those found in milk and nonprocessed nonmanufactured foods. But my foot injury makes it hard to travel to healthier stores. I might take mass transit soon though.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not buy soy milk without added sugar?

Your body might process the sugars first, but any energy it doesn't use gets stored as body fat so you might say that sugar turns to body fat quicker than fat does, oddly enough. It also takes more energy to digest the fat than it does sugar, so ...

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was at the store wondering whether to buy low fat milk or soy milk. Unfortunately my local stores don't sell fat free milk, which is best for my diet.

The low fat milk didn't have added sugar, but it had a lot more saturated fat than the soy milk. Of course the low fat milk would've been a more natural and less processed choice.

But I believe that my body already creates its own saturated fat, so I don't need saturated fat from foods at all. Sugar, though, might be more important. I think my body converts sugars to energy before converting fats to energy. So saturated fats would probably stay longer in my body, as opposed to sugars. This would probably cause weight problems, and being overweight is associated with some illnesses like diabetes.

So I bought the soy milk instead. Added sugars don't feel quite healthy for me, especially for my teeth health. I usually prefer natural sugars like those found in milk and nonprocessed nonmanufactured foods. But my foot injury makes it hard to travel to healthier stores. I might take mass transit soon though.

Soy milk is the healthiest choice, without question.

And whether your body converts sugar to energy or fat to energy, is dependent on your fitness level. Very fit people, store sugars consumed as glycogen which is needed to fuel exercise and will convert fat to energy, much mor e so, than someone with a lower fitness level.

• Informative
Reactions: virginity
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually prefer the taste of soy to cow milk.

But how does one measure fitness. Resting heart Rate? Something to do with METS? Endurance?

The gold standard is to measure a persons ability, to utilize oxygen to fuel activity: max vo2.

The more oxygen one can deliver to the muscles to fuel activity, the more activity can be maintained without undue fatigue. It also means, the heart and lungs are strong.

• Informative
Upvote 0

virginity

Joseph F
Jul 14, 2019
Bronx, New York
Visit site
✟8,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sugar-free soy milk would be great. In fact, I know a distant store that sells unsweetened soy milk. It tastes more boring but definitely healthier. The local stores don't sell healthier food like sugar-free soy milk though.

I'm thinking of buying a bike, mainly for transportation to and fro vocational facilities. But a bike would also have a lot of other benefits, including going to a distant store for a healthy product. I live on a large city's outskirts where there aren't many healthy stores.

The bike would be best after this foot injury. Until then, I can try ordering groceries online again. I got discouraged last time because one website didn't accept my debit/credit card.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The gold standard is to measure a persons ability, to utilize oxygen to fuel activity: max vo2.

The more oxygen one can deliver to the muscles to fuel activity, the more activity can be maintained without undue fatigue. It also means, the heart and lungs are strong.

Sounds like one would need a fitness lab to measure that. Anything more simple.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like one would need a fitness lab to measure that. Anything more simple.

You would, but there is really no need to measure it.

If one is involved with vigorous exercise 4 to 5 days a week, in which the cardio/respiratory system is challenged enough, a persons ability to uptake oxygen, will increase.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You would, but there is really no need to measure it.

If one is involved with vigorous exercise 4 to 5 days a week, in which the cardio/respiratory system is challenged enough, a persons ability to uptake oxygen, will increase.

I get my HR up to between 115 to 120. I am thinking I should put a few more minutes of jogging in to get it up to 130 or so every other day.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I get my HR up to between 115 to 120. I am thinking I should put a few more minutes of jogging in to get it up to 130 or so every other day.

They is also your breathing. To get higher benefits, one should have labored breathing to some degree. This is why, high intensity interval training delivers such good results.

Of course, good to get approval from your physician, before you embark on an exercise regime.

Upvote 0

virginity

Joseph F
Jul 14, 2019
Bronx, New York
Visit site
✟8,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm waiting for my foot injury to heal. Then I'll be able to be more active outside. Doing exercises at home is not as easy or fun. It's unfortunate that it's summer too, because this is the season where I'm usually the most active.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So in this corner we have keto diet with people losing weight and managing diabetes, great promis. In that corner we have Whole Food Plant Based Diet reversing heart disease. Who you goin with? Mediterranean you say?

• Haha
Upvote 0

virginity

Joseph F
Jul 14, 2019
Bronx, New York
Visit site
✟8,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never thought of adopting a common diet. Where I live, diet somewhat means a pattern or way of eating food over a period of time. But if I were to adopt a common diet, or if I were to compare my diet to a common diet, my diet might be vegetarian-ish. I don't buy meat much because it's expensive. But some days, like today, I had a huge craving for meat after my mom cooked herself some meat.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I eat a French-style whole foods seasonal diet. Flavor and quality are my guides. I don’t eat processed food and make many things at home (condiments, granola, liqueurs, jams, sauces, etc.).

Upvote 0