First Thread Ever - Invisibility Crisis - Can you see this?

Agnos

thriving
Mar 9, 2020
Nowherelandia
✟10,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I started posting on the forums recently but nobody interacted with me so far. Beginning to wonder if people can even read my posts or if there is a condition to be met in order to become visible?

T49GVaQ.png

--

Agnos

thriving
Mar 9, 2020
Nowherelandia
✟10,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
For user tagged:
Hi @InterestedAtheist I've been meaning to PM but highly doubt I could meet the <requirement> anytime soon :') so here it is:

Hi, I hope you're safe and well. I followed you roughly a year ago? To others it may not be much, but I cried plenty when I first read your posts along with other atheists' on here. I admire what you put out there. It makes me feel less alone in my perspectives and inspired many. I think you're amazing, and I'm grateful to have witnessed traces of your existence in my lifetime. Yes I finally mustered the courage to send you this, publicly no less..! Thank you for reading, please let me know if you received. I have questions I'm not very comfortable asking here so let's hope we'll get there eventually.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Beginning to wonder if people can even read my posts or if there is a condition to be met in order to become visible?

Nope, we see you. :)

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I started posting on the forums recently but nobody interacted with me so far. Beginning to wonder if people can even read my posts or if there is a condition to be met in order to become visible?

T49GVaQ.png

--
Hello, you are not invisible.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

T49GVaQ.png

--
lOVE YOUR CAT!!!
Lots of cat lovers here:)
(She looks like she is crying though):(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

T49GVaQ.png

--
Hello Agnos!
Love your signature and profile picture, and thanks for all the likes!
I haven't seen any posts by you yet. Is it possible I overlooked them? Is it possible you need a certain number of posts before you're allowed to post in certain forums?
Anyway, welcome! Hope to hear from you soon.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

T49GVaQ.png

--
Umm, perhaps it is an issue with what you are posting? I like your cat btw. He needs to learn to spell though.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I have been a member of many forums over a couple of decades. In every instance I had to make several posts before anyone responded. My reasoning for this is as follows:
  • Members have a tendency to notice posts by established members whom they are accustomed to question, correct, agree with, disagree with, etc. Thus the bulk of a member's posts tend to be directed towards members they already know.
  • There is a transition period during which the new member, probably subconsciously, adjusts the content and style of their posts towards a better fit with that forum. Until the fit is achieved their posts don't have enough "punch".
  • There is a slight bias against newcomers, whereby established members wait to see if the newcomer is serious and will "stick around".
  • The new member may have come into the middle of a long running discussion and their contribution mirrors something that was covered six months before, so their post is seen as irrelevant.
I suspect that some combination of these factors is at work, but have almost no evidence to support the idea.

Almost forgot! Welcome.

Upvote 0

Agnos

thriving
Mar 9, 2020
Nowherelandia
✟10,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for confirmation and the warm welcome, everyone :D @public hermit @klutedavid @Agallagher @Kenny'sID , … Someone offsite insisted a h-cker was targeting me just days earlier. I'm glad this isn't part of that.

@alllivesmatter Modified meme says hi, the cat's not mine. I have dogs ッ

@Lost4words You live up to your name wroof!

@Aussie Pete Nope. Cute internet meme gets to keep the spelling.

@Ophiolite #3 - Oh..? I don't really understand the supposed indifference towards temporary members but the rest seems probable. Figured I will have to climb the social ladder to get noticed. Then again, only for the initial purpose of unlocking one section and a basic feature to PM? Haha. We'll see.. I'm just glad I was not literally invisible to everyone, or worse, fell victim to a nasty cyber attack d:

Upvote 0

Agnos

thriving
Mar 9, 2020
Nowherelandia
✟10,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello Agnos!
Love your signature and profile picture, and thanks for all the likes!
I haven't seen any posts by you yet. Is it possible I overlooked them? Is it possible you need a certain number of posts before you're allowed to post in certain forums?
Anyway, welcome! Hope to hear from you soon.

Lol I'm not so sure how to respond to that. Thank you. Actually yes, there are requirements for certain categories and pm, a hundred posts and 20 respectively. Post #2 is for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for confirmation and the warm welcome, everyone :D @public hermit @klutedavid @Agallagher @Kenny'sID , … Someone offsite insisted a h-cker was targeting me just days earlier. I'm glad this isn't part of that.

@alllivesmatter Modified meme says hi, the cat's not mine. I have dogs ッ

@Lost4words You live up to your name wroof!

@Aussie Pete Nope. Cute internet meme gets to keep the spelling.

@Ophiolite #3 - Oh..? I don't really understand the supposed indifference towards temporary members but the rest seems probable. Figured I will have to climb the social ladder to get noticed. Then again, only for the initial purpose of unlocking one section and a basic feature to PM? Haha. We'll see.. I'm just glad I was not literally invisible to everyone, or worse, fell victim to a nasty cyber attack d:
:scratch::scratch:

Upvote 0

Agnos

thriving
Mar 9, 2020
Nowherelandia
✟10,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You must be that cool member I heard about.

Aw you're too kind.

I was actually overwhelmed. People were very friendly and it's really far from what I'm used to in life. I rely on storytelling and humour to calm myself down but perhaps that came across as weird to some. I have noticed that transparency do scare people off one way or another. Not too sure why that is..

What's wrong? Did any part of what I said confused you?

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Lol I'm not so sure how to respond to that. Thank you. Actually yes, there are requirements for certain categories and pm, a hundred posts and 20 respectively. Post #2 is for you!
Awww, thank you! And I'm sorry it took me so long to answer. If you need to gain a certain number of posts in order to join certain forums, let's talk about something so you can get in faster.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Agnos
Upvote 0

Agnos

thriving
Mar 9, 2020
Nowherelandia
✟10,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Awww, thank you! And I'm sorry it took me so long to answer. If you need to gain a certain number of posts in order to join certain forums, let's talk about something so you can get in faster.

(:

I notice you've been here since 2006 and still very much interested. Can you share some of your discoveries over these past fifteen years?

Upvote 0