Violagirl

Dec 22, 2013
✟24,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

I'm 30 years old and have dealt with situational anxiety throughout my life. I started a new job recently and have been feeling a lot of anxiety with it. I decided to set up an appointment for myself to meet with a therapist for the first time and am not sure of what to expect. I'm really nervous for the first appointment which is tomorrow (Nov 4th). I decided to reach out and email the therapist I'm meeting to introduce myself and ask what to expect since the appointment isn't until tomorrow evening. I was wondering if anyone else here goes or has gone to therapy and wanted to know what your experiences have been or were like?

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Therapy can be extremely beneficial, so I think you're taking the right step. Anxiety is difficult to deal with so I hope he/she is able to help you. I went to therapy when I was younger and it took time but was supportive. My first therapist and I didn't end as well but that was due to circumstances with my mother and I was a bit hard to treat, but my second one turned out much better.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
chances are that the therapist will do some type of assessment to understand your problems better which would include getting some family and mental health history, medication information and health history and other important issues including what trauma you may have experienced.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

KeeperOfMemories

Nov 29, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟19,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Therapy has helped me a lot. Mostly, it has helped me understand the intentions of others, as that is something I struggle with. I've learned that a lot of things I was hurt by really weren't anything I should take personally.

Upvote 0

kirbs

Nov 24, 2019
den bosch
✟16,098.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think everyone feels anxious going for therapy for the first time (or to a new therapist if you've never been in a while), so I hope it works out for you! I see this post was made a while ago and I hope you are in a better place. It didn't help much for me but I think it cans till be really beneficial to the right persons in the right place. Blessings.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Here's hoping your therapy is going well. If it isn't, don't give up on therapy but rather find someone else who you "fit" with better. My daughter has been going to a therapist since we had a family crisis. She now goes because she loves her therapist and they deal with ways to help her cope through life while having anxiety.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

I'm 30 years old and have dealt with situational anxiety throughout my life. I started a new job recently and have been feeling a lot of anxiety with it. I decided to set up an appointment for myself to meet with a therapist for the first time and am not sure of what to expect. I'm really nervous for the first appointment which is tomorrow (Nov 4th). I decided to reach out and email the therapist I'm meeting to introduce myself and ask what to expect since the appointment isn't until tomorrow evening. I was wondering if anyone else here goes or has gone to therapy and wanted to know what your experiences have been or were like?
How has it been going? I recently started therapy too because my anxiety is out of control.

Upvote 0