First test for identifying the Antichrist?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is the first test for you in thinking someone could potentially be the Antichrist?

My first test is - can the person be anointed the King of Israel messiah ?

What comes into your mind when the words "the Antichrist" come up? I am going to guess...evil world dictator, and not King of Israel messiah coming in his own name.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What is the first test for you in thinking someone could potentially be the Antichrist?

My first test is - can the person be anointed the King of Israel messiah ?

What comes into your mind when the words "the Antichrist" come up? I am going to guess...evil world dictator, and not King of Israel messiah coming in his own name.
Well,I have considered the son-in-law of our former President as a candidate because he was very instrumental in the Abraham Accords.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think you are correct.

But in terms of appeal, someone like Obama whose cotton candy most human beings devoured. Just go back and witness the awestruck worship of the man. People built their hopes and dreams on the facade he offered.

Reactions: Gary987
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you are correct.

But in terms of appeal, someone like Obama whose cotton candy most human beings devoured. Just go back and witness the awestruck worship of the man. People built their hopes and dreams on the facade he offered.
Obama would never be accepted as king over Israel.So imho that disqualifies him.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The King of the North (man of sin, little horn of Daniel 7), i believe will come first. So the antichrist will be the false prophet
The first beast arises out of the sea (the gentile king of the north) the second beast rises out of the earth or land (Israel) who will be the false prophet/antichrist.

The King of the North will have His false prophet, like any false religion, which has claims on prophecy
(trying to copy the True prophecy of God and The Bible).

I kind of see the king of the north/man of sin and the antichrist/false prophet.

Functioning like The Messiah and John the Baptist

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The antichrist doesn't have to be elected king of Israel. No scripture says that. He will rule the whole world.

This is what to look for to identify the antichrist:

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Lying wonders is the same as deceiving miracles. He will perform miracles and will claim to be God. He likely will claim to be Jesus and perhaps other deities people believe in like Buddha and Allah.

If you think a man is the antichrist but doesn't say he is God and doesn't perform miracles then he isn't the antichrist.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Obama would never be accepted as king over Israel.So imho that disqualifies him.

Please note that I said "like"…after agreeing that the candidate had to be a potential king. So, not Obama.

But my comment stands, in that one of the tests is Antichrist will be a charmer. As Obama was.

Reactions: Gary987
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The antichrist doesn't have to be elected king of Israel.
The Kings of Israel are not elected. They are anointed by a prophet.

Saul and David - by Samuel the prophet
Solomon - by Nathan the prophet

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Kings of Israel are not elected. They are anointed by a prophet.

Saul and David - by Samuel the prophet
Solomon - by Nathan the prophet

That misses the point. The antichrist will be the ruler of the whole world not one country. All nations will want the antichrist to be ruler, including the USA, UK, China, Russia and Israel etc etc. No country or government will oppose him. Only certain Christians will know who and what he is and will oppose him but he will rule for 42 months.

Upvote 0

honestal

Mar 27, 2021
Midwest
✟31,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Luther … proved, by the revelations of Daniel and St. John, by the epistles of St. Paul, St. Peter, and St. Jude, that the reign of Antichrist, predicted and described in the Bible, was the Papacy.” {D’aubigne’s History of the Reformation of the Sixteen Century, book vi, chapter xii, p. 215}

“Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt… I shall briefly show that (Paul’s words in II Thess. 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy.” {Institutes of the Christian Religion, by John Calvin}

“The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church: and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them.” {The Fall of Babylon, by Cotton Mather}

Reactions: Jerryhuerta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

honestal

Mar 27, 2021
Midwest
✟31,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't help but add a couple more :)

“Most Reformation writers and all Reformers themselves, from Martin Luther, John Calvin, and John Knox identify the Roman Catholic Church with the harlot of Babylon… Identification of the Pope as the Antichrist was written into Protestant creeds such as the Westminster Confession of 1646. The identification of the Roman Catholic Church with the harlot of Babylon is kept in the Scofield Reference Bible.” {http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore_of_Babylon_(historicism)}

“Wycliffe, Tyndale, Luther, Calvin, Cranmer; in the seventeenth century, Bunyan, the translators of the King James Bible and the men who published the Westminster and Baptist confessions of Faith; Sir Isaac Newton, Wesley, Whitfield, Jonathan Edwards; and more recently Spurgeon, Bishop J.C. Ryle and Dr. Martin Lloyd-Jones; these men among countless others, all saw the office of the Papacy as the antichrist.” {All Roads Lead to Rome, p. 205}

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The antichrist doesn't have to be elected king of Israel. No scripture says that. He will rule the whole world.

This is what to look for to identify the antichrist:

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Lying wonders is the same as deceiving miracles. He will perform miracles and will claim to be God. He likely will claim to be Jesus and perhaps other deities people believe in like Buddha and Allah.

If you think a man is the antichrist but doesn't say he is God and doesn't perform miracles then he isn't the antichrist.

Yeah doesn't the antichrist just TAKE Israel by force, and then annouce when the Temple is rebuilt then proclaim to be divine? Maybe I've seen Mediggo too many times lol. And I'm not talking Nero or Domitian for you Preterists :)

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah doesn't the antichrist just TAKE Israel by force, and then annouce when the Temple is rebuilt then proclaim to be divine?

I think the whole world will love the antichrist and accept that he is God so I don't see any need for force on his part nor do I see anything about him using force.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think the whole world will love the antichrist and accept that he is God so I don't see any need for force on his part nor do I see anything about him using force.
Yeah, as the rider on the white horse, he has a bow, but no arrow.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah doesn't the antichrist just TAKE Israel by force,
No, that does not fit what Lord Jesus said about him. The Jews will receive him.
John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
No, that does not fit what Lord Jesus said about him. The Jews will receive him.
John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

You are probably right. I've read so much Old Testament stuff about the Day of the Lord and New Testament stuff including the Olivet discourse, the book of Revelation, 2 Thessalonians, etc. recently. But isn't there somewhere in Scripture that implies the antichrist will sign a peace treaty or covenant with Israel then after 3.5 years he takes Israel? I don't recall them putting up a fight, so perhaps I'm just totally confused again.

I've been up 2 days straight studying Eschatology, finishing several books in parallel so I'm quite sure my brain is pretty mixed up by now.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, as the rider on the white horse, he has a bow, but no arrow.

Exactly. And has to be given a crown as he doesn't have one already like the Lord has later when he comes on his white horse. I think this first rider is a fake Christ, either the Antichrist of the False Prophet.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But isn't there somewhere in Scripture that implies the antichrist will sign a peace treaty or covenant with Israel then after 3.5 years he takes Israel? I don't recall them putting up a fight, so perhaps I'm just totally confused again.
Yes. :)
Daniel 9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Reactions: Jeffwhosoever
Upvote 0