• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

First steps and guidance please

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, Its taken me 25 years but I finally realise I need help

some background information:

25 year old male with aspergers syndrome

- severe and prolonged peer rejection and bullying from beginning of education system onwards
- Fear of abandonment issues relating to family in early life

How does this affect my life today?

- sensitivity to critiscm and rejection
- Low mood and social anxiety
- Jealousy and possesiveness in relationships
- Clinical depression requiring medication

Thing is, I have no idea where to even begin tackling these problems, maybe thats where you guys come in

Please help, and thanks

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I just wrote a video on the teachings of William Seymour. He taught the methods to a closeness of God in seven methods...

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in. Absorb yourself in faith teachings
2. The Altar - Salvation through the cross at Calvary.
3. The Laver - "Sanctification makes us pure on the inside" - William Seymour
4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God.
5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost. See what the Holy Spirit can do for you!

Temple1_zpszugooxxy.png

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

- severe and prolonged peer rejection and bullying from beginning of education system onwards

Thing is, I have no idea where to even begin tackling these problems, maybe thats where you guys come in

Please help, and thanks
My best advice is to pray often. What you describe can only be solved by a close relationship to Christ. Make this your life's work. :)

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

So the question becomes

Natural E/c2 - Are the mood problems physical? Is this something you were born with?
Mental E/c2 - Are the mood problems mental? Would faith teachings help?
Spiritual E/c2 - Are the mood problems spiritual? Well... Spirituality is something not natural or mental, so it must come from God.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.

So the question becomes

Natural E/c2 - Are the mood problems physical? Is this something you were born with?
Mental E/c2 - Are the mood problems mental? Would faith teachings help?
Spiritual E/c2 - Are the mood problems spiritual? Well... Spirituality is something not natural or mental, so it must come from God.

you look at what I posted and decide for yourself

• Prayers
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
you look at what I posted and decide for yourself

Maxwell Maltz was a plastic surgeon. What amazed him was the change of life that would happen to people after doing his work. They would go from darkness to light, from sorrow to joy, from depressed to happy... All with just a few cuts of his knife!

He wrote two good books, Psycho-Cybernetics and The Magic Power of Self Image Psychology. There he talks about the self image and what can be done just changing a little of what you think about yourself. In looking at your profile picture you do not show any mental retardation in your appearance.

"You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind." - Zig Ziglar

I would think that changing your mental diet, or that what goes into your mind, can have some great effects if you let it.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Please help, and thanks

Not sure what help I can offer.
Are you reqularly taking your medication for your depression? They do work and overtime together with your doctor the dosage can be decreased or different drugs tried to obtain the best outcome for you.

Socialy do you attend a church?
If you do is there any area where you could volunteer to help, handing out hymn books before the service mean just about everyone comes to you and even though all you do is greet them and ask would you like... you slowly get to know people and they do you.

Have a look at what your council offers for young people with problems. Often they have programs where people who are having trouble socalising are encouraged to get together for different activities.

It is hard making friends and doubly hard when either side missunderstands what the other intends, unfortunetly all I can suggest is to attend church etc and try, try and try.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Zig Ziglar on motivation....

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The right way to go is always to pray first. Secondly start having a regular intake of the Word of God, and spending time alone with God (Look up how to have Devotional times)

Communing with God and having an experiential fellowship with Him will help you man.

Ask God for guidance, as well as the faith to rely on Him. As for depression.. Two things: even if it's physical, don't give up. Since the problem is affecting you as a person, God may be willing to heal it, but if not, I am certain He will greatly reduce it.

Secondly, many doctors are too quick to ascribe mental problems to physical issues, and psychiatry is a field where mistakes are made aplenty. Pray about your treatment as well and go as God guides you.

IMO the first three can easily be fixed by prayer and having God actively improve your life. The fourth is something you can only really know the nature of with a more thorough analysis and also only after working out the first three.

I hope things will work out, man. :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The right way to go is always to pray first. Secondly start having a regular intake of the Word of God, and spending time alone with God (Look up how to have Devotional times)

Communing with God and having an experiential fellowship with Him will help you man.

Ask God for guidance, as well as the faith to rely on Him. As for depression.. Two things: even if it's physical, don't give up. Since the problem is affecting you as a person, God may be willing to heal it, but if not, I am certain He will greatly reduce it.

Secondly, many doctors are too quick to ascribe mental problems to physical issues, and psychiatry is a field where mistakes are made aplenty. Pray about your treatment as well and go as God guides you.

IMO the first three can easily be fixed by prayer and having God actively improve your life. The fourth is something you can only really know the nature of with a more thorough analysis and also only after working out the first three.

I hope things will work out, man. :)

I mean, Ive been praying for the last 3 days and reading my bible for 3 days but I still have mental health issues, and my self worth has not improved at all...I dont believe the bible and prayer can really help

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean, Ive been praying for the last 3 days and reading my bible for 3 days but I still have mental health issues, and my self worth has not improved at all...I dont believe the bible and prayer can really help

Bro, 3 days is not enough. That is why you must pray for faith; you can't do without it. It's a longer term process that involves experiencing God and growing closer to Him, which then allows you to confidently make requests, receive guidance, etc

For instance to improve your self worth, He may guide your life, get you friends, etc instead of quickly healing it all up.

The first and most important thing is getting to a point with Him where you can actually trust Him and ask things of Him.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ben, it's not a magic formula. It's a lifelong practice and commitment. See John chapter 15.

Upvote 0

IzzieStevens

Aug 6, 2017
NYC
✟8,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Ben, I'm in a similar place. Through so much hard work my life has miraculously changed for the better, but still my anxiety and my inability to communicate effectively with others due to abuse and bullying was triggered again. It' really, rally a hard thing to have to live with. I'm not on medication yet, I'm still being evaluated and it's frustrating because the entire process is taking so long. What I'm trying to do regarding social anxiety is take it little by little and not be too hard on myself, plan things ahead and give myself time. I don't know if you have Netflix but if you do, I really enjoy watching The Hunt from BBC, this may sound ridiculous but on the first episode it talks about how predators fail 90% of the time, so the only thing any predator can do it keep trying. I love instincts, I love how straightforward nature is. So, sometimes just not over complicating things, going back to basics and nature and instincts helps. If you do see the show, my favorite is the cheetah! :)) I hope you feel better soon, I know it sucks and it's just really hard to cope most of the time.

Upvote 0