• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured First on CNN: Hundreds of TSA screeners, working without pay, calling out sick at major airports

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by tulc, Jan 4, 2019.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+12,716
    Christian
    Married
    First on CNN: Hundreds of TSA screeners calling out sick - CNNPolitics
    tulc(is curious how this KAG?) :scratch:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,303
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    I don't blame them. I wouldn't work for nothing while the Child-in-Chief has his temper tantrum.

Hopefully airports grind to a halt.

Probably not a problem though... it's only affecting Democrats, right?

3. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldy my friend Supporter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I hope the Democrats come to their senses and accept the multiple compromises the President offered and has been offering for 18 months.

4. tulc

+12,716
    Christian
    Married
    Links to the various compromises he offered? :scratch:
    tulc(is just curious) :wave:

5. redleghunter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You watch the news? Last year he offered them full acceptance of Dreamers.

They refused.

6. redleghunter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  7. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,288
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    That is not accurate. The one that came closest to passing in the Senate (DACA for $25 billion in wall funding) had almost unanimous support from Democrats and almost unanimous opposition from Republicans.

“Third: The so-called Common Sense Caucus, a large bipartisan group led by Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), released its own outline. The plan had gained the endorsement of Democratic leadership and was technically sponsored by Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. The “Common Sense” plan would have:

• Provided a path to citizenship for 1.8 million undocumented immigrants who came to the country as children
    • Offered $25 billion for border security
    • Prevented DACA recipients from sponsoring their parents for legal status
    It failed 54 to 45. Democrats almost unanimously backed the plan, along with eight Republicans. But the rest of the GOP conference and a handful of Democrats blocked the bill.”

The Senate put 4 immigration bills up for a vote. They all failed.

The bill you are referencing (“The Grassley Bill”) was DACA in exchange for wall funding and changes to the legal migration system. This one was universally opposed by Democrats.

Trump backs Grassley immigration plan

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  8. tulc

+12,716
    Christian
    Married
    ...so no links to any of those "compromises President Trump offered"? :scratch:
    tulc(likes links to things) :wave:

9. redleghunter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  10. tulc

+12,716
    Christian
    Married
    And this is the result:
    How Trump and the Democrats tanked what was likely their last chance to make a deal on the 'Dreamers' this year
    tulc(thanks for the link) :)

11. redleghunter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    They should take the deal. They would get the path to citizenship for 1.8 million youngsters and could legislate changes to any Trump expansions offered when the next President is elected by the Dreamers. Getting the DACA settled gives the Democrats no help politically this year. They don’t want it settled so they can use it in 2020. Unfortunate really.

12. EpiscipalMe

+1,288
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    That article appears to be from last year. There was no date on it, but it referenced Chief of Staff Kelley. John Kelley is not Chief of Staff - he was fired. See my post 7 above for the results of that vote. The simple wall+DACA deal was shot down in the Senate by Republicans. The wall+DACA+limits on legal immigration was shot down by Democrats.

13. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+4,348
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    There was a deal. The democrats were on with it. The republicans in the House and Senate were on with it. And Trump agreed to it. Then Rush Limbaugh ordered him to renege on it. Which he did. This is why McConnell told him that there wouldn't even be a vote, until Trump put his signature on a compromise.

It's telling when a president's own party leaders won't accept his word on a deal.

14. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+4,348
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    No. It puts off deportation of these people who grew up as Americans, for three years. That's it. Trump had a chance at a deal and blew it by agreeing and then going back on his word. He's getting nothing, now.

15. redleghunter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That was my point in posting the link. He made the deal last year. Been offering the same fair deal. Dems keep kicking it away.

16. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+4,939
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    why should WE pay billions of dollars for a wall that he Promised would be paid for by Mexico

stop asking my child and future grandkids to pay for it
    plus someone started a Gofundme for the wall....he can use that until he negotiates with Mexico

can understand TSA workers wanting to call off but it makes it miserable for those who do show up for work when they are short co-workers

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  17. EpiscipalMe

+1,288
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    He has not offered any such deal this time. Pence negotiated a deal, then the President shot it down.

18. redleghunter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It’s the same deal unless you have information otherwise?

19. EpiscipalMe

+1,288
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
  20. redleghunter

+25,157
    United States
    Christian
    Married