Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
I understand, but then people shouldn't tell me what to do since their good advice today may be bad advice tomorrow.
But in an emergency, people need the best advice available today, regardless of what the best advice is tomorrow.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I understand, but then people shouldn't tell me what to do since their good advice today may be bad advice tomorrow.
That just requires that you pay attention to the way advice changes in response to reality.

Its amazing how often people here refer to data or recommendations from a year ago or more. Pay attention, people!

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why not? I did not make your error, nor did he.

Maybe I misunderstood their point - I took it as agreement that Fauci et al has been wrong on predictions (example 2 weeks to flatten the curve, % vaccination to achieve herd immunity, OK for cruises to continue big mistake, etc...) but that it was due to fact things change in the sense we gain more info as we move forward.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That just requires that you pay attention to the way advice changes in response to reality.

Its amazing how often people here refer to data or recommendations from a year ago or more. Pay attention, people!

Maybe I'm just more keenly aware how I can be wrong than others are, so am hesitant to say "get the vax" or "don't get the vax". I always worry about giving advice that may end up harming others. So at most, I post concerns that I think others should know about so they can research & make informed decisions.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I'm just more keenly aware how I can be wrong than others are, so am hesitant to say "get the vax" or "don't get the vax". I always worry about giving advice that may end up harming others. So at most, I post concerns that I think others should know about so they can research & make informed decisions.
I think thats a good goal, referring to up to date and reputable sources like The Lancet should be part of that.

I am concerned with people referring to scientific data without any sense of context. Then they draw alarming and utterly wrong conclusions from it. Or they even misread the data itself. We can see this in the "Pfizer Document" thread.

I think anyone who drops professional level (as opposed to consumer level) information should be able to explain it at a professional level.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Accurate theories provide accurate predictions. What are yours? So far, Fauci & Inc. have been wrong on all theirs.
Your semantics are cute. A theory is based on known information and historical experience. Your bizarre contention that all of Fauci’s projections have been wrong shows your lack of dispassionate observation.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything is information. You get to decide what to do with the information.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But in an emergency, people need the best advice available today, regardless of what the best advice is tomorrow.

For me, that begs the question what constitutes an "emergency". I keep seeing a 99.9% survival rate with this virus (at least the original one). I'm also concerned about the censorship of "advice available today". As a recent example, Twitter slapped an "Unsafe Link" label on an American Heart Association journal !! Try it yourself:

Twitter Slaps "Unsafe Link" Label on American Heart Association mRNA Vaccine Warning

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your semantics are cute. A theory is based on known information and historical experience. Your bizarre contention that all of Fauci’s projections have been wrong shows your lack of dispassionate observation.

I shouldn't have said "all". I do know better ... "many".

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am concerned with people referring to scientific data without any sense of context. Then they draw alarming and utterly wrong conclusions from it. Or they even misread the data itself. We can see this in the "Pfizer Document" thread.

Agree, but there's a danger at the opposite extreme too of laymen not being allowed to question the science (even if they get it wrong). Sagan put it best:

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I misunderstood their point - I took it as agreement that Fauci et al has been wrong on predictions (example 2 weeks to flatten the curve, % vaccination to achieve herd immunity, OK for cruises to continue big mistake, etc...) but that it was due to fact things change in the sense we gain more info as we move forward.

So you cannot support any of your claims?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
For me, that begs the question what constitutes an "emergency". I keep seeing a 99.9% survival rate with this virus (at least the original one). I'm also concerned about the censorship of "advice available today". As a recent example, Twitter slapped an "Unsafe Link" label on an American Heart Association journal !! Try it yourself:

Twitter Slaps "Unsafe Link" Label on American Heart Association mRNA Vaccine Warning
You need to properly vet your sources. It is not really what a scientist would call an abstract, since the article was not peer reviewed. Even the AHA makes errors at times. The writers of this should have been told "Get back in touch with us after your article has passed peer review:

Fact Check-Research abstract is not reliable evidence of a link between mRNA vaccines and heart disease

Reuters is one of the most reliable news sources in the world. It got that way by being extremely honest. News sources that are reliable make sure that they remain that way be staying honest. Lying hurts them.

Okay, from that article, even that AHA had doubts about that article:

"The American Heart Association published an “expression of concern” in its journal on Nov. 24 to warn that the passage may not be reliable and that a “suitable correction” was needed (here)."

And a little bit more:

"It added: “Specifically, there are several typographical errors, there is no data in the abstract regarding myocardial T-cell infiltration, there are no statistical analyses for significance provided, and the author is not clear that only anecdotal data was used.”

Multiple other experts have expressed similar sentiments online (here , here and here), including one who shared parts of a presentation about the abstract and said it lacked data and any references, and was only written by one person (her"

It looks like Twitter did the right thing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You need to properly vet your sources. It is not really what a scientist would call an abstract, since the article was not peer reviewed. Even the AHA makes errors at times. The writers of this should have been told "Get back in touch with us after your article has passed peer review:

Fact Check-Research abstract is not reliable evidence of a link between mRNA vaccines and heart disease

Reuters is one of the most reliable news sources in the world. It got that way by being extremely honest. News sources that are reliable make sure that they remain that way be staying honest. Lying hurts them.

Okay, from that article, even that AHA had doubts about that article:

"The American Heart Association published an “expression of concern” in its journal on Nov. 24 to warn that the passage may not be reliable and that a “suitable correction” was needed (here)."

And a little bit more:

"It added: “Specifically, there are several typographical errors, there is no data in the abstract regarding myocardial T-cell infiltration, there are no statistical analyses for significance provided, and the author is not clear that only anecdotal data was used.”

Multiple other experts have expressed similar sentiments online (here , here and here), including one who shared parts of a presentation about the abstract and said it lacked data and any references, and was only written by one person (her"

It looks like Twitter did the right thing.

None of what you posted here supports your claims.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you cannot support any of your claims?

I already gave examples, like the % to achieve herd immunity. You can hear the claim of 70 to 85% at ~5:45 in the link below. But this fails with Gibralter with ~99% vax rate now showing an increase in cases over last few months.

In the same video, he also claims the mRNA vaccines "absolutely cannot" change DNA, but this article currently in preprint shows a lab study in which some pieces of Covid-19 RNA were converted to DNA and then integrated into human chromosomes. Also the below study out of Sweden disputes Fauci on this claim:
SCIENCE HORROR: Vaccine spike protein enters cell nuclei, suppresses DNA repair engine of the human body, will unleash explosion of cancer, immunodeficiency, autoimmune disorders and accelerated aging

Other claims like "safe" and "effective" are questionable when you consider the number of AEs reported in VAERS and the waning immunity of double-vaxed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There were no global mandates pushing a vaccine that had only been around for less than a year either.
I’m willing to bet most people got vaccinated, no questions asked. I’m thinking people trusted doctors more when there wasn’t a 24 hour disinformation campaign in their faces all the time.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,622.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I guess you've never seen a doctor for some ailment or other.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,622.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
? The person I was referring to isn't my doctor, which I try to choose more carefully than I do my mechanic.

So your comment doesn't apply to medical advice. That's good to hear.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.