• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

First omicron Covid case in U.S.---and it's a fully vaxxed person

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,468
    Non-Denom
    Single
    "The individual was a traveler who returned from South Africa on November 22," the CDC said in a news release. "The individual, who was fully vaccinated and had mild symptoms that are improving, is self-quarantining and has been since testing positive. All close contacts have been contacted and have tested negative."

California has reported the first U.S. case of the omicron variant

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,577
    Christian
    Married
    Noone has said that vaccinated persons cannot get mild cases of COVID. It's been acknowledged that they can ...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Bradskii

Bradskii Well-Known Member

+3,161
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Lucky that he/she had been vaccinated so that the symptoms were mild.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,733
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Its called a "variant" because it has varied from the original or previous.

Keep up, people.

Hopefully the vaxxes prevent serious illness at the same rate they did for the last variant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,733
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    (Is it just me, or does anyone else notice we have the exact same discussion with the same people over and over? They never refute the basics. Instead they peter out and then re-start the same discussion with a "new" topic).

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,884
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    The problem is that the vaccinated can spread the virus just as easily as the unvaccinated and since their symptoms will tend to be milder, they may be unaware they even have it and are spreading it. Meanwhile we demonize the unvaccinated as if they alone cause spread.

7. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+4,959
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    According to CBN news most cases have been mild with this variant anyway, thus far.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,733
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Everywhere I look that deals with public heath this is considered false.

Can you show me where you are getting this from?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,700
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    Sure, because no vaccine will ever prevent illness 100%. It just significantly decreases the likelihood.

10. Bradskii

+3,161
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Exactly as per the post directly following your.

'They say we're young and we don't know...'

11. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,884
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Everywhere I look that deals with public health they are telling the vaccinated to mask. If what I said was false then they would not be giving such advice.

12. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+9,147
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    vaccines are meant to prevent hospitalization & death
    no one said they're meant to prevent getting covid

if vaccinated, less likely than unvaccinated to get covid
    less likely to go in hospital, less likely to die

husband, teen, and I still wear masks even tho vaccinated
    that's because barely anyone wears masks in our county
    all the stores have signs "optional"

our county has low vaccine rate & VERY high covid rate
    hospitals full again with covid sickos

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+10,733
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    That says zero about the vaccinated being as likely to transmit. Which was your claim here.

They transmit enough to warrant masks. That's all we know from your evidence.

14. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,456
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The Johnson and Johnson and Astrazenica vaccines are only 60-70% effective in preventing COVID, but are effective in preventing severe disease. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have efficacy rates close to 95%. Some more breakthrough infections occurred after the immunity wore off in about six months. That is why a booster shot is recommended.

15. Bradskii

+3,161
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Let me get this straight. This is your train of thought:

Everyone should wear a mask, therefore the vaccinated can spread the virus just as easily as the unvaccinated .

Have got that right? Do you need someone to show you where the logic breaks down? Can I show you where you're inferring a conclusion when the premise doesn't warrent it? Does someone need to explain the medical facts yet again?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+7,033
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That's the case with all versions of the virus.

17. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+7,033
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I deal with public health. I agree, the vaccinated should mask. What you said was still false.

18. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,468
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Do you have any evidence that proves the vaccinations are the reason symptoms were mild?

19. dogs4thewin

dogs4thewin dog lover CF Ambassadors Supporter

+4,873
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    The problem is that the unvaxed are the ones more likely to have serious cases that put them in the hospital making it hard for other people to get the treatment they need. For the record I have had co-vid (very mild case in December of last year), took the vaccine in March, but have yet to determine if I will take a booster and if I do it will only be one (unless they can be taken with the annual flu shots.

20. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+9,147
    United States
    Christian
    Married

COVID-19 infections are rare and mild after vaccination

"New research is showing that although some vaccinated people are still contracting COVID-19, they generally experience milder disease for a shorter period of time with a low viral load. The study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers some of the first robust data tracking the severity of “breakthrough infections.”

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.