Australia
✟49,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I need someone to refresh my memory, but when approximately do babies start to smile back at you, and when do they start to make those cooing noises?

Also I can't remember if it is from 4 weeks or 3 months that they start to try to roll over?? Just so I can be a little prepared.

Also, how much time do you have your little ones on their tummy for?

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it varies with each child. My 2 kids were so different in when they reached milestones.

Ds was smiling by 6 weeks, dd was 8 weeks (I laugh at this because she was 2 weeks early so wonder if she would have smiled at 6 weeks who knows?)

Rolling was different again, ds was rolling all over the room at around 4 1/2 months, I don't think dd was rolling over until nearly 6 months. But then she has delayed gross motor development, she has knock knee and turned in feet, so that could have something to do with it. I don't really know. All I know is that they did it when they were ready. I guess if you are worried about it, then you get it checked out. (or should I say when the time comes and you are worried about it, get it checked)

Upvote 0

Called2Grace

My body, my birth my choice!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2005
Australia
✟49,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Grace has been smiling too sine she was almost a week old and she is starting to make noises and will be 4 weeks this coming weekend. I read somewhere where the smiling can be from gas?? And boy does she have some!

I read that too, but who smiles when they have gas? :) (besides boys...)

But I have also been told, that they do two different smiles, the one that everyone is looking for is the "social smile" where they smile in response to someone or something outside themselves, like when you smile and they smile back.

But the smiles they have now are when they do something that is comforting, such as falling asleep, the release of gas or urine or the like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums