• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

First major anxiety attack of the year

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out today in regards to sudden anxiety that has befallen me since Saturday.It first started out as fear of apostasy but it now has morphed into more complex anxiety.

So to elaborate what is causing me anxiety is no longer apostasy,but me rather having anxiety that I’m forcing myself to do spiritual things.For days I’ve been crying and begging God to sustain me,and I’ve constantly been asking God to grant me a pure heart.

for more elaboration,it seems like I have to force myself to worry so I still have assurance I care for Jesus and love him,at this point today I can’t even say “I love you Jesus” without thinking of the thought of me forcing myself to say so.

another thing is today I was afraid to give my worries about apostasy and unbelief (that I don’t have,just anxiety over) to the Lord because I was afraid he’d push me away into unbelief to teach me something,but I ended up trusting him but I’m scared he’ll put me into a state of unbelief.

Needless to say it’s troublesome and I’m worried about that.I’m more scared of being away from Jesus.I don’t know what I’ve done as to be disciplined or punished for with this,the only thing I can think of is not keeping up with Bible reading.As of right now as a type this I can’t even think straight and direct my thoughts towards the lord.I know deep down God is real and believe all of the things about Jesus.It’s just that I think I’m like Mr Martin Luther,who worries about wether he truly wanted to follow God.

I have noticed 2 possibilities,that I have one major anxiety attack once a month and/or my anxiety is in a bipolar pattern,what I mean by this is there are weeks I have full confidence and assurance with Jesus,but longer weeks with despair and anxiety with very very very short intervals of peace and hope.

Overall I’m asking for prayers if anyone is willing,and for their 2 cents on this matter.

The overall intrusive thought at this point is anything spiritual towards the Lord I may do or think is always accompanied by a “your forcing yourself” thought.

Last edited:

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
for their 2 cents on this matter.

hope you can get your anxiety under control since it wreaks havoc on the body

I've had anxiety for 2 wks over a dental appt
the stress/anxiety raised my blood pressure & gave me a queasy stomach

had my appt & I stressed out for nothing!

breathe & try to calm yourself; with deep breathing one can lower BP

get a BP machine
you'll see for yourself how BP will rise with anxiety

Last edited:
Upvote 0