First Lady Melania Travels to Texas Border

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's one camp that's going to be cleaned up... at least for a few days.
Come now. Even compassionate conservatives like yourself can celebrate this visit.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think Melania has a lot more compassion & goodness in her than her husband. She'd already spoken out about the policy of separating children from their parents. She had to use more care in how she worded things than the former First Ladies did in their rebukes on account of having to be married to a 70 something man who throws huge temper tantrums. I'm not naive enough to hope her experiences will influence her husband but I think she's right to visit on her own.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Come now. Even compassionate conservatives like yourself can celebrate this visit.

Why should I celebrate the administration's photo op?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I admit I was skeptical of her intentions for going when I first read your OP, but after reading what Go Braves said in his post (quoted below), I'm beginning to change my mind about her visit there.

I think Melania has a lot more compassion & goodness in her than her husband. She'd already spoken out about the policy of separating children from their parents. She had to use more care in how she worded things than the former First Ladies did in their rebukes on account of having to be married to a 70 something man who throws huge temper tantrums. I'm not naive enough to hope her experiences will influence her husband but I think she's right to visit on her own.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Because it's no less praiseworthy than any other photo op?

No more praiseworthy, either. I don't praise photo ops that are nothing but photo ops.

Am I expected to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well I have to retract what I said about Melania in the previous post, on account of her wearing a jacket with the message "I really don't care, do u?" in huge font on the back. It was like a billboard on her back when she was getting back onto her jet. Her spokesperson has tried to ridiculously claim that there was no message intended, as if that just happens to be the only jacket Mrs. Trump could have worn that day. That's nasty.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I have to retract what I said about Melania in the previous post, on account of her wearing a jacket with the message "I really don't care, do u?" in huge font on the back. It was like a billboard on her back when she was getting back onto her jet. Her spokesperson has tried to ridiculously claim that there was no message intended, as if that just happens to be the only jacket Mrs. Trump could have worn that day. That's nasty.

This is the first time I've heard about her wearing that kind of a jacket. I agree how that's nasty and she could have chosen a better jacket to wear. I think I should retract what I said about her too.

Reactions: Shadow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is the first time I've heard about her wearing that kind of a jacket. I agree how that's nasty and she could have chosen a better jacket to wear. I think I should retract what I said about her too.
4D7EFA8A00000578-5871221-Shocking_The_khaki_green_Zara_design_featured_the_controversial_-a-29_1529607857967.jpg
4D7E7C4D00000578-5871221-Shocking_The_khaki_green_Zara_design_featured_the_controversial_-a-26_1529607857908.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Shadow
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good for Melania. My aunt must be going crazy. Knowing Trump is going to allow immigrants parent and kids stay together. Instead of separating them. Like my aunt wanted. And the first Lady will be the poster lady.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, I just lost what little respect I had for her. I guess it was rather naive of me to be under the impression that she actually cared about these children and she wanted to make a difference.

Upvote 0