• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

First hand knowledge of the coronavirus?

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know how you all would feel about this thread. Whether it is appropriate. So I will wait til tomorrow to post if there are no objections, if objections are not overwhelming.
I thought there may be some out there that think they have it or do have it that would like to talk about it.
ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME.:)

Last edited:

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't know how you all would feel about this thread. Whether it is appropriate. So I will wait til tomorrow to post if there are no objections, if objections are not overwhelming.
Actual knowledge of viruses can be found researching Linus Pauling who won a Nobel Prize when it meant something.

Also, the last hundred years of effective treatments by clinics/doctors/ health professionals in Europe....

Nothing really new these days, except more cover up, profit, and business not helpful to people.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Ella posted this suggestion last week
Public Health Forum

I think it's a really good idea! A section in an area that doesn't allow for debate just to give out correct information is exactly what's needed. It needs to be accessible to everybody not just ppl labeled as Christians.

She has taken classes on pandemics at Stanford & has gotten her info on covid-19 mostly from the profs & doctors there & from other universities like JHU. They do have 1st hand knowledge. She had wanted to have a place to share w ppl here information that was fact-based from credible sources. Not just stuff from blog sites. Somebody had said there's no such thing as correct info on coronavirus but that's false. There is & it's important that that information be given ASAP to help counteract dangerous misinformation.There'd been a section here for SARS back long ago. SARS is a coronavirus, just different from covid-19.

This current pandemic is not going to be the only one. There will be more in the future. I think having a section already set up would be smart!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry. Personal Prophecy is against forum guidelines.
I suppose you're being funny, that's not a personal prophecy but a statistical near-certainty given the nature of viruses and their mutability.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought there may be some out there that think they have it or do have it that would like to talk about it.
ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME.:)

I absolutely believe this is appropriate. I am hopeful the staff will create a section dedicated to discuss public health issues in this area where no debate is permitted to make it far simpler to access credible resources that are evidence-based. There needs to be a prohibition of posting from blog sites as a source for medical claims to thwart the dangerous contagion of misinformation that has caused a global "infodemic."

Threads in general physical health is the next best option. A thread can quickly accrue so many pages that in the tide of posts vitally useful information can be swiftly drowned out. Being able to organize information via a category stated in the thread title makes the more accessible. As an example, I'm going to post information about coronavirus from ophthalmologists pertaining to contact-wearers, a specific subset of the population. I think it would be useful having one specific for public health since it is distinctive from general physical health. It would also serve as a catalogue for information. Cimorene is correct in her statement above that there will be more pandemics in the future. What is being learned in the present could be beneficial in years to come.

I'd appreciate it if you could tag me in threads you make so I won't miss them. I am working on a combined BA / Master's in Public Policy with a specialization in global health, so this is of great interest to me. I haven't had time to post this year but now that my schedule has been wiped out for the near future I might be able to make some use of it here. In a roundabout way this forum actually lead to me pursuing this field. An incorrect post pertaining to a smallpox epidemic that I read here when I was a kid prompted me to do research that then sparked this passion.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actual knowledge of viruses can be found researching Linus Pauling who won a Nobel Prize when it meant something.

Also, the last hundred years of effective treatments by clinics/doctors/ health professionals in Europe....

Nothing really new these days, except more cover up, profit, and business not helpful to people.

The most detrimental misinformation contains snippets of factual information because it creates the illusion of authenticity. Profiteers exploiting the global pandemic have spread viral myths about vitamin C and COVID-19, prompting a dramatic surge in the number of people purchasing excessive quantities of it.
What they are doing is falsely extrapolating claims about the vitamin to deceptively leading people into believing it can provide protection against coronavirus. The dose makes the poison, and in this time of panic people are taking excessive doses of vitamins, and that can cause toxicity. Due to this, the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University issued a statement on COVID-19 explaining the lack of data supporting its benefit in preventing or reducing the impact of the virus. They directed people to OSU's site for COVID-19 which has information pulled from the CDC.

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am an elder. I have been having a low grade fever for a few weeks, spiking on occasion. Pain in the center of my chest and aches like the flu. Its beginning to hurt when I breath in. Not sure where this will be going. I have been at home since the third and will continue to be quarantined by me. If I quit posting forever you will know why and at least you would have heard it first hand from a possible victim of the virus. My priority is being sure the strays I feed have enough food to have time for someone to come in and save them.
God bless you all and stay healthy.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I am an elder. I have been having a low grade fever for a few weeks, spiking on occasion. Pain in the center of my chest and aches like the flu. Its beginning to hurt when I breath in. Not sure where this will be going. I have been at home since the third and will continue to be quarantined by me. If I quit posting forever you will know why and at least you would have heard it first hand from a possible victim of the virus. My priority is being sure the strays I feed have enough food to have time for someone to come in and save them.

God bless you too.

• Friendly
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If your ill please get tested and get medical care... it's nothing to run to the doctor, and if it's something other than coronavirus there's plenty that can be done to treat pneumonia - I used to get pneumonia once or twice a year, and they can clear it up with little effort with proper medicine and care, especially when you go early.

And if you do have coronavirus they can certainly treat your symptoms and make you more comfortable.

Please get proper care. Just because this virus is going around doesn't mean you have it, this could easily be something else too...

• Friendly
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for caring!
I don't go to doctors. I don't have any transportation anyway and it doesn't seem right for me to hire a lyft driver and expose him or her.
They just said on the news that they have no more test kits and the ones they had were bad. The higher ups are fuming so it seems. Really a botched mess. At this point I don't trust anything they say.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for caring!
I don't go to doctors. I don't have any transportation anyway and it doesn't seem right for me to hire a lyft driver and expose him or her.
They just said on the news that they have no more test kits and the ones they had were bad. The higher ups are fuming so it seems. Really a botched mess. At this point I don't trust anything they say.

The youth who are healthy don't get sick like older people do... you can call the doctors office and see what they recommend since your currently without transportation.

Perhaps there is some medical assist in your area that could do a home visit for initial testing.

Where do you live? Perhaps I could help with some online searches to get you some assistance?

I'm really concerned because if its just a pneumonia then it's highly treatable... a z-pack (antibiotics) and an inhaler with some prescription cough medicine and you could feel better in a couple days..

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is so nice of you. I have heard that pneumonia is not easy to treat though.
But thank you very much!

It always depends on the person I'm sure, but I've had it so bad the doctors wanted me in the hospital on oxygen etc. but I've always declined in favor of being at home and always managed quite well without all that hospital business - I'm too stubborn for bacteria... hahaha

For me it's worked out quite well thus far though... I'm sure theres always that someday it may not go so smooth.

God bless you, and if you need anything feel free to call on me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You need to call someone up and tell them your situation. There are mobile test units, specifically because they don't want sick people traveling. Even if there are no test kits at the moment, you can get on a list.

Garlic and ginger are good for infections and to clear things out. I've heard very excellent things of elderberry with regard to respiratory health, and have ordered some from Amazon. You can read the customer reviews there; very impressive.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0