Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Already been there in my posts, especially with the video that clarifies what the One True and living God, El Elyon says about anyone who denies the deity of His only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ.

G'nite Yarddog.
Again, that matters nothing toward Islam being Gnostic.

Good night

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Again, that matters nothing toward Islam being Gnostic.

Good night

LOL! We could prob'ly go on and on....however i'm going to call it a night....Downton Abbey is calling to me.

A very blessed ev'ning to you, Yarddog.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, really. That is how you will be judged. Follow him, not your resentments.
So I will be judged based on the fact that I detest falsehood and insults to God? Hmmmm....Yeah, that sounds fine to me.

Every religion, other than Christianity is false. Even if some of them like Judaism and Islam worship the same God we do. Jesus told His followers to emulate a Samaritan who had love for his fellow man, in preference to a theologically-correct Levite, who did not. Reflect on that, and understand why your hatred doesn't hurt them, but puts you away from God.

Hatred is self-destructive. Learn to love your enemies, as Jesus taught us to do.

What would Jesus say?

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you:

Remember that Samaritan, who will be among the sheep at judgement, and the Levite, who will be with the goats. Think it over. Where will hatred put you?
I already made a distinction between Islam and Muslims and my hated isn't directed at the people. Am I supposed to love Islam and pray for it?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
Yes, really. That is how you will be judged. Follow him, not your resentments.

So I will be judged based on the fact that I detest falsehood and insults to God?

No. Remember the good Samaritan. Did Jesus tell them to emulate the religously-correct Levite, or the Samaritan with his false conception of God? Jesus didn't seem to think that the Samaritan's beliefs were insulting to Him.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

That's how you will be judged. It's how the Good Samaritan and the Levite were judged. Listen to Him.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to ask a moderator to please close this thread now because I've asked already that people please not transform this thread into a discussion of whether or not we ought to consider Muslims and Christians as worshiping the same God (since that wasn't the point of contention among the warring camps in the OP story, but rather the 'weaponization' of the prayers themselves to undercut the others' religion at a public/government function), and not only has that discussion continued anyway, but also further discussions about whether or not it is ever right to actually judge the Islamic religion in a negative fashion, or whether that falls inevitably into the judgment of people holding to that religion, which is likewise not really within the bounds of the 'weaponization' of prayers in itself and/or whether or not a Muslim being offended by something or a GOP leader 'weaponizing' Jesus should actually qualify as news, as per the tags.

Thanks. Hopefully you can all restart these other conversations elsewhere, if you'd like to.

• Agree
Reactions: Philip_B
Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the world is right-side up now.

Christians turned it upside-down in the 1st century.

But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too. -- Acts 17

It's back right-side up now.
You understand very well what I meant, here, and what re Pastor meant,by ABC world. Sadly, our society (I'm Canadian) welcomes every religion, lifestyle,philosophy, except the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I mentioned that in Canada, now, we actually have a Law that makes it forbidden to chAllenge, disagree with, question anyone's religion. For example,as a Christian,I would not be allowed to openly say that I think the Qu'ran is wrong. And anyone who seriously disagrees with a religious belief of another, is not allowed to openly critique it. Why? Muslim Member of Parliament spoke out and claimed to be the victim of harassment because of her religion. Long story short, the Prime Minister of Canada, agreed with her, and they developed a new Law, M103. The Jews spoke up, and said "Well,what about Anti-Semitism?" So the Government decided that this Law covers all commentary on religious thought. You basically cannot dialogue in Canada about religious beliefs. I don't necessarily agree but that's in place,now. Same idea, by the way, with commentary about gender,race,( where are you from) or any other sensitive topics.. I believe there's a Scripture in Romans that covers this issue. There will come a time when "right is wrong, and wrong is right.". You can't say anything in CANADA, now.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You understand very well what I meant, here, and what re Pastor meant,by ABC world. Sadly, our society (I'm Canadian) welcomes every religion, lifestyle,philosophy, except the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Jesus told us that would happen.

1 Peter explains why: Christians are uncut stones that do not fit the designs of men. We are destined to fit in a house in which Jesus is the Uncut Stone who is the cornerstone and capstone of His house of uncut stones.

I mentioned that in Canada, now, we actually have a Law that makes it forbidden to chAllenge, disagree with, question anyone's religion. For example,as a Christian,I would not be allowed to openly say that I think the Qu'ran is wrong. And anyone who seriously disagrees with a religious belief of another, is not allowed to openly critique it.

That was also true of the Roman official pagan religions in the first three centuries. Christians could not speak against the pagan worship.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟229,563.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I mentioned that in Canada, now, we actually have a Law that makes it forbidden to chAllenge, disagree with, question anyone's religion.. And anyone who seriously disagrees with a religious belief of another, is not allowed to openly critique it.,, the Prime Minister of Canada, agreed with her, and they developed a new Law, M103... You basically cannot dialogue in Canada about religious beliefs. I don't necessarily agree but that's in place,now.
M103 isn't a law. You can still freely criticize and have dialogue about religion in Canada.

The motion called on the government to “condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination,” and tasked the aforementioned Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage to study the extent of the problem and how it might be addressed. M-103 was not a piece of legislation, and nowhere did it propose any new laws or changes to existing laws... Nothing changed when the motion was passed, and nothing will change now that the committee has issued its report. There are no recommendations for banning criticism of Islam,

COMMENTARY: The implosion of Canada’s M-103 conspiracy theories

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Jesus told us that would happen.

1 Peter explains why: Christians are uncut stones that do not fit the designs of men. We are destined to fit in a house in which Jesus is the Uncut Stone who is the cornerstone and capstone of His house of uncut stones.

That was also true of the Roman official pagan religions in the first three centuries. Christians could not speak against the pagan worship.
Thank you! That's essentially my point. Many Christians of various denominations fear that CANADA is becoming a pagan nation, because of so-calls "political correctness." You literally can't co.))mment on anything religious, lifestyle, LGBT etc .Well, I think you get the idea.. My Pastor said that "We live in an ABC world".(Anything but Christ). In private, you can discuss, but you have to just be careful.I believe that other countries are heading this direction,not just Canada. We welcome everybody. You just have to be careful,whenever you touch anything !!

Upvote 0