Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to say that having attended Orthros, and Divine Liturgy this morning it was a mind blowing experience. For anyone that might be considering attending, I highly recommend it. For those that can't, I'll pray for you.

I'm very lucky, and blessed to have a parish 30 minutes away. The Divine Liturgy, the church, the choir, the chanter, it was all more than I could've ever imagined. There's so much to learn.

I'll definitely be going again next week.

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful news! You started attending right around the same time (liturgically) that I started coming to my parish. Lent is a wonderful time to come and experience the fullness of Orthodoxy. And then you get to experience Pascha!!! Such a wonderful time :)

• Agree
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to say that having attended Orthros, and Divine Liturgy this morning it was a mind blowing experience. For anyone that might be considering attending, I highly recommend it. For those that can't, I'll pray for you.

I'm very lucky, and blessed to have a parish 30 minutes away. The Divine Liturgy, the church, the choir, the chanter, it was all more than I could've ever imagined. There's so much to learn.

Glory to God!!!

I'm so glad you were able to go. And like A4C this is about the time I came in as well (though I wasn't able to attend Sundays for a while). But Holy Week (as much as you can) and especially Pascha are SO worth it!

Prayers for you! :)

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

What jurisdiction are you attending...Russian, OCA, ???

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What jurisdiction are you attending...Russian, OCA, ???

It is a Greek Orthodox Church :)

Thank you all for the prayers and the comments. I'm really looking forward to learning, and seeing more. I can only imagine if Pasha is more than I've already experienced.

I'm not sure where to go from here, except to just continue attending on Sundays. I'm kind of shy so I didn't ask about a bible study or the Orthodoxy 101 class they have on Wednesdays. I did speak with the priest, and another nice man in the Narthex after it was all over, and they were both very kind.

Thank you again guys. I'm really looking forward to wherever this takes me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is a Greek Orthodox Church :)

Thank you all for the prayers and the comments. I'm really looking forward to learning, and seeing more. I can only imagine if Pasha is more than I've already experienced.

I'm not sure where to go from here, except to just continue attending on Sundays. I'm kind of shy so I didn't ask about a bible study or the Orthodoxy 101 class they have on Wednesdays. I did speak with the priest, and another nice man in the Narthex after it was all over, and they were both very kind.

Thank you again guys. I'm really looking forward to wherever this takes me.

take your time with this, there is no rush. it was a while before I got my first Orthodox Study Bible back in the day. wise move to take your inquiry easy, especially this time of year.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
take your time with this, there is no rush. it was a while before I got my first Orthodox Study Bible back in the day. wise move to take your inquiry easy, especially this time of year.

Thank you, Father.

It's not easy to hold back my enthusiasm, but luckily I've gained some patience since I was younger :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Father.

It's not easy to hold back my enthusiasm, but luckily I've gained some patience since I was younger :)

haha, yeah, been there. just don't want to get burned out, as it were. or, maybe talk to Father about not holding back your enthusiasm, but rather curbing it to be edifying so you don't get burned out.

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

WadeTheophan

Falling and getting up to fall again
Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Houston Texas
✟89,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I’m thrilled for you! After a full lifetime there is still soooo much to learn.

Upvote 0

graphite412

Eastern Orthodox Neophyte
Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
✟30,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can, try to make it to a presanctified liturgy on Wednesday night or Friday morning, if the parish has them. They only occur during Lent. Also the canon of St. Andrew will happen this next couple evenings, which also only occurs during Lent. I'm glad you were able to make it to a liturgy, and 30 minutes isn't a bad drive.

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you can, try to make it to a presanctified liturgy on Wednesday night or Friday morning, if the parish has them. They only occur during Lent. Also the canon of St. Andrew will happen this next couple evenings, which also only occurs during Lent. I'm glad you were able to make it to a liturgy, and 30 minutes isn't a bad drive.

Thank you for the heads up, I do see on the calendar there will be one this Wednesday and next Wednesday. I'll be sure to make it to one, or both.

Upvote 0