• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

First debate

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by alllivesmatter, Sep 25, 2020.

1. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter ta da,EL ROI

+502
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    CBS announced tonight that the first debate will be on Tuesday night. I think other channels will be televising it?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+41,275
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I believe the debates will be aired on all of the networks and most or all of the cable news stations. I'm sure you can see it on YouTube, C-Span & Newsy too.

Fox News' Chris Wallace is the moderator for debate #1, just FYI.

3. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,773
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I cannot wait for the debate, poor Joe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,477
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Open their eyes, Lord.

Biden cannot fail to win among the rational.

All Trump has in his arsenal are lies, name calling, fear mongering, and acting out.

Open their eyes, Lord.
    Open their ears, Lord.
    Open their minds, Lord.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee Disciplemaker Staff Member Supervisor Supporter Staff on LOA

+3,983
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I have it set to record in my dvr.

6. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,606
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    A waste of time where we will learn nothing.

7. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,606
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    The only reason I can think to watch this is for sport.... like where youre hoping to see the opposing QB break his leg or have an eye get popped out.

8. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+747
    Christian
    Married
    I predict that the MSM will declare Biden a winner if he says "Thank You" in the correct order and Trump a loser when he says "Ummm" once.

9. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+8,576
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    The first US presidential debate in history where there’s a non-zero chance that it might devolve into a physical brawl..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+747
    Christian
    Married
    I think that the brawl will be outside the venue.

11. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+15,637
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    It's been so funny seeing the shills for the GOP adjust their narrative from 'Biden's a doddering old fool who will run away from the debates.' to 'Biden's a seasoned debater, and Trump-supporters should moderate their expectations.'

White House allies, Republican donors and some of Trump’s closest advisers worry that a recent, frenzied push by his top lieutenants to portray Biden as a seasoned debater — with the goal of raising expectations for the Democratic presidential nominee — is too late and too disingenuous to have an impact when the two meet on the debate stage next Tuesday.

12. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,606
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    ahaha. They spent months lowering expectations. Now theyre trying to repair the damage.

Too late. My expectations are low and theyre staying there.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. alllivesmatter

alllivesmatter ta da,EL ROI

+502
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Thank you very much. In the last debates they weren't always televised here so I am hoping we can see them all. I don't have the others you mentioned just tv.

14. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 contemplative humanist Supporter

+12,399
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Indeed. May fairness and wisdom prevail.

• List