London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the last 20 years, technology has transformed the search for life in our galaxy.

Astronomers have found over 50 potentially habitable worlds and built a new network of radio telescopes to scan the stars for signals.

Many scientists believe we could be on the brink of detecting the first evidence of extraterrestrial life.

The question is, is there other life in our own galaxy? Its probable in fact its highly likely given how big the Milky-way galaxy is. Earth is located in one of the arms of the Milky-Way, you wouldn't even be able to spot out solar system in the amount of stars there are in our galaxy.

Will we find life anytime soon? I don't think we will but that doesn't mean to say there isn't any out there.

What do you think?

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think it's entirely possible that God created other beings that live elsewhere that we don't know about. But I don't think there will be a way for us to contact them and vice-versa. It is very cold out in space. Plus, God may not want us humans and "the others" to communicate with each other.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is correct. With our current technology it would be impossible to communicate with them and send signals to them in real time because sending a signal out over several light years would take many many many years to reach them and also space is full of radiation so over time those signals would fade into the background noise of space before they got anywhere remotely near an extraterritorial solar system.

There are many frequencies we could send a transmission out into space going from very low frequencies to very high frequencies. The lower the frequency the bigger the wave. Lower frequencies can travel much further than higher frequencies but the down side is that they would be lost much easier into the background noise of space. Higher frequencies the waves are more directional and narrow so there is more of a chance they could be detected but again over a vast distance they would be undetectable.

Even with our space telescopes its very hard for them to detect anything. Its literally like searching for a needle in a cosmic haystack. Imagine trying to set up a TV satellite dish without a satellite finder to pin point the signal your trying to pick up you'd have a hard time.

Also who is to say that extraterrestrials would be transmitting on just one frequency at a time, they could be transmitting on a very wide bandwidth of several 100 MHz at a single time plus we wouldn't know how to decode the radio signal into data to determine what it is exactly its literally a mind field.

I too believe that God created life on other worlds. God is greater than what we could begin to comprehend. God is nature and nature goes well beyond our earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hey, how's it going? There's a couple of other threads around this topic. My personal feeling is that any extraterrestrial life is a manifestation from fallen angels.

John 3:16 KJV — For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Taking this verse as a good example, we see that Jesus died for for those in the world who would believe in Him. Now while the word world in the greek can be used to indicate the universe, I believe that in most use cases it relates to our world, the earth. This is backed up by it's use in the other cross-linked verses that use the word.
Other things to consider are that people from other worlds would have to believe in Jesus Christ. How would they be able to do this unless missionaries had travelled there. Or dare you say that they have advanced technology that allows them to 'view' proceedings here in earth? How did they originate on these planets, and do they suffer from the same sin problem that required Jesus to give Himself as a sacrifice?
For me, the more I question these things, the more it takes me away from the biblical story. And it is a story that I believe in: a pre-flood race of fallen beings (the sons of God (Genesis 6)) creating the Nephilim. That these beings came from the sky would live on in post-flood legends of extraterrestrials and Star People etc.

Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love bible verses because they make so much sense and strengthens my theories about the unknown. Life itself is everlasting we actually do live forever. When we are born to the day we die we live on into an after life so we never truly die. There is also the question of reincarnation which I believe is possible but dosen't quite tie in so its a lot more complex.

Earth is a fallen world and there are probably many fallen worlds out there with sin that might be the reason why we have no near by neighbors to our area of the Milky-Way galaxy.

Life on Earth very nearly did not happen. Look at Mars for example? it is dead which once had oceans and rivers with an atmosphere but it got destroyed and its close enough to our sun like Earth is for life to exist but nothing can live on Mars with its 1% atmosphere. Something happened and Earth very nearly went the same way. Our Moon could have supported life but it was hit by too many comets. The Earth nearly got wiped out again during the dinosaur period.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In line with the thread title, I thought I would tell you about an experience I had - a contact, if you like. I haven't told this before on any forum.
Before becoming a Christian, I used to practice meditation that centred around a form of Raja Yoga. One evening as I was in a meditative state whilst sitting on the floor, I had a definite contact with what would be described as a 'grey' in alien folklore. This was a very frightening experience as it was very sudden, and it was not something I feel I had been trying to think about or imagine. I immediately broke contact by getting up from the floor and doing something routine ( I can't remember what exactly) just to take my mind off this happening.

What I want to stress about this contact was that it was mental. I would use words like psychic, telepathic and vision to describe it. There was no being in the room with me in a physical sense, yet it was nonetheless real. The other clear thing was I had a strong impression that it was this being that had broken through and made the contact, and it had a message. But I didn't want to know. I think, instinctively, I knew that there was nothing good to come from it. The fear that was instilled was of such a contrast to the peace I had been experiencing in the meditative state. It was a matter of mere seconds between this thing breaking through, and me launching myself from the floor and trying to 'come back to reality'.

The reason I bring this experience up is to highlight a couple of things. 1) I don't think contact with extraterrestrials is always on the grossly physical level. 2) If this is the case, then we need to be viewing them as supernatural beings. If they are supernatural beings, then where does their realm reside?

Another thing to consider is others' experiences of contact with these beings. Do you know of any that are positive? It's all these things weighed up in the balance, along with my own experience, that leads me to believe in them being fallen angels.

Something that's just come to mind. I wonder if people who look out into the universe in the search for other life are really looking for God. After all, He and His heavenly host are all out there and above. And so are the fallen ones, yet on a lower level.

Dear Lord, I thank you for the opportunity to contemplate Your Majesty! You are above all things, and You subject all things to You in Jesus name. What a marvellous creation You have given us. All Glory to You Father.

Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

There are no aliens as there is no outer space of billions, etc.. miles of space for aliens to come from.
Aliens are government crafts flown around, to foster this deception.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In line with the thread title, I thought I would tell you about an experience I had - a contact, if you like. I haven't told this before on any forum.
Before becoming a Christian, I used to practice meditation that centred around a form of Raja Yoga. One evening as I was in a meditative state whilst sitting on the floor, I had a definite contact with what would be described as a 'grey' in alien folklore. This was a very frightening experience as it was very sudden, and it was not something I feel I had been trying to think about or imagine. I immediately broke contact by getting up from the floor and doing something routine ( I can't remember what exactly) just to take my mind off this happening.

What I want to stress about this contact was that it was mental. I would use words like psychic, telepathic and vision to describe it. There was no being in the room with me in a physical sense, yet it was nonetheless real. The other clear thing was I had a strong impression that it was this being that had broken through and made the contact, and it had a message. But I didn't want to know. I think, instinctively, I knew that there was nothing good to come from it. The fear that was instilled was of such a contrast to the peace I had been experiencing in the meditative state. It was a matter of mere seconds between this thing breaking through, and me launching myself from the floor and trying to 'come back to reality'.

The reason I bring this experience up is to highlight a couple of things. 1) I don't think contact with extraterrestrials is always on the grossly physical level. 2) If this is the case, then we need to be viewing them as supernatural beings. If they are supernatural beings, then where does their realm reside?

Another thing to consider is others' experiences of contact with these beings. Do you know of any that are positive? It's all these things weighed up in the balance, along with my own experience, that leads me to believe in them being fallen angels.

Something that's just come to mind. I wonder if people who look out into the universe in the search for other life are really looking for God. After all, He and His heavenly host are all out there and above. And so are the fallen ones, yet on a lower level.

Dear Lord, I thank you for the opportunity to contemplate Your Majesty! You are above all things, and You subject all things to You in Jesus name. What a marvellous creation You have given us. All Glory to You Father.
I had a few similar experiences to what you described as being in a meditative state but I just pass them off as dreams however some have been interesting and one I will never forget.

This one was a positive one. I had fallen asleep with some incense after going into a meditative state. I was dreaming I had woken up but something felt odd about the room I was in. I was then greeted by three human like beings. They looked human except they had larger eyes and were a bit smaller light brown skin and were wearing some kinda mechanical space suit and had fringes just covering the tops of there eyes. They lead me into the bathroom where I had a mirror. They spoke to me telepathically and told me to look into the mirror where I saw myself looking back at me except I had blue eyes. They told me I existed in a parallel world and that was the other me.

Thy then took me on to this platform that was floating in space and the view was stunning like something I had never seen before. I could see another galaxy and lots of stars it looked so beautiful. I was told I was in the Andromeda galaxy looking out.

There are lot of things I can not remember but when I awoke I felt so free and happy. I felt amazing it was the same kinda feeling I felt when somebody once prayed over me in a church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If anybody is interested in listening to radio signals there are a few sites called webSDR its mainly Ham radio signals but it has lots of tools you can use to make signals narrower and wider in CW modes and scans the HF portion of the lower bands.

Upvote 0