America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My son (Corry) will be celebrating First Communion next Saturday. We were a bit leery of allowing it this year because he just didn't seem ready. We worried about his lack of maturity, and have been watching his progress. He has come along beautifully. He has soaked it up like a sponge, and for the last few weeks has even started looking forward to the Consecration at Mass, instead of asking if it's time to leave yet. :rolleyes: Last week, as the collection began, he leaned over and said, "It's time for Communion already?" I nodded, and he sat back and said, "Wow. Time sure flies when you're learning something!" :D I heard the couple behind me smothering chuckles. :)

He had been completely engrossed in the homily. Father has really been taking all the scandal in the Church hard. It has really hurt him deeply, and he confided some of this to us last week. It almost turned into a 'rafter-shaker' as he called us to live in Christ. It's the first time since I've been in the Church that I've seen standing applause after a homily. :)

KC? Don't you have one ready for FC too? Any body else?

Status
Not open for further replies.