First Black Woman Lieutenant Governor Elected despite fierce opposition from Democrats.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But all of this other stuff with CRT (or whatever of the many labels its being promoted under)that promotes racism and segregation, the gender delusions that pretend there is no such thing as biological sex, taking parents out of schools, approving sexually explicit materials for school libraries---with PICTURES demonstrating various sexual acts. It's a far, far cry from arguments over whether classics such as Catcher in the Rye should be in schools.

I don't know where all of THIS is coming from or came from, but my guess is that it's a result of the Democratic establishment's focus on identity politics because I remember getting into arguments with liberals over it because they hated Bernie and they hated his focus on policy and believed that identity politics were the greatest thing ever to get rid of all the horrible things in the world. It even led to an even more ridiculous arguments such as whether white women should be allowed to do yoga exercises EVEN IF they weren't called yoga exercises because they were "culturally appropriated" from yoga.

The bolded, exactly.

Schools need to return to math and science and literature...not this garbage. No one cares. I don't care if you are a two headed trans giraffe who uses the pronouns "we" and her majesty" on your own time...but drop the irrelevancies at school.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that the entire point of politics? Not wanting the opposing party to be elected?
Unless, of course, you are a Republican. Then if you don't want a black democrat in office you are just a racist white supremacist. Barack Obama is a case in point. So I am told.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unless, of course, you are a Republican. Then if you don't want a black democrat in office you are just a racist white supremacist. Barack Obama is a case in point. So I am told.
That's the framework.

Black Republican elected? Must be because voters are white supremacists (still trying to figure that one out...).

• Haha
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not true. There were many who voted for McCain or for Romney who were not referred to as racists.

There was true racism shown to Obama. It was seen in the birtherism claims. It was seen when Michele Obama was called 'monkey face' or was called an "ape in heels". Their oldest daughter was called an ape, a monkey and a racial slur in the comments of a FOX news article online. Fox had to disable comments, they were so bad.

Dems voted for the Democrat in the race, not for the Republican.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not true. There were many who voted for McCain or for Romney who were not referred to as racists.

There was true racism shown to Obama. It was seen in the birtherism claims. It was seen when Michele Obama was called 'monkey face' or was called an "ape in heels". Their oldest daughter was called an ape, a monkey and a racial slur in the comments of a FOX news article online. Fox had to disable comments, they were so bad.

There's racism, not to the extent that there is among Democrats, but there is racism throughout the country. Teaching more racism is not the answer, the same as rewarding criminals is not the answer to crime.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There's racism, not to the extent that there is among Democrats, but there is racism throughout the country. Teaching more racism is not the answer, the same as rewarding criminals is not the answer to crime.
Not to the extent of the Democrats??? That is rich!
Who did Richard Spencer (neo-nazi and white supremacist ) vote for? Hint - it wasn't for a Dem.
And David Duke, klan member and neo-nazi, what party is he a member of? Republican. All the birtherists out there saying Obama wasn't a real American? Republican.

And the folks attending the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville were not on the Left or Democrats. It was those on the right chanting "Jews will not replace us!"

Don't pretend the Dems have more racism than the Republicans.

I suggest you read Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Right by Russ Bellant.
And research the National Republican Heritage Groups Council, and how nazi types inflitrated the Republican Party. John Boehner said in 2017 that there were Nazi's in the Republican party.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And Republicans voted for the Republican in the race. But it doesn't matter. Many were accused of racism and called hateful names for no other reason that opposing President Obama's policies. These same Republicans who wanted to see Sarah Palin as the first female VP were also accused of misogyny because they rejected Hillary Clinton. This is the game that the DNC uses to keep their base in check. As long as you tote the party line and maintain your unquestionable loyalty to the party, you will be fine. But the minute you begin to show the slightest hint of disagreement, every "ism" in the book will be thrown your way.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm currently a bit more concerned by racism on the left than on the right and here is why. David Duke, the Neo-Nazis, the Charlottesville rally....they were so blatantly obvious. Everyone could easily see the racism and acknowledge it for what it is. (Whether they actually do or not is a different matter.)

But the racism on the left is not so obvious. It presents itself under a guise of anti-racism but at the same time continues to encourage segregation and division. There is never a time in which race is not to be the primary factor in any discussion or decision and who we are is primarily determined by our skin color. It's an insidious type of deterministic philosophy that is in direct opposition to the the civil rights movement. By today's standards, Martin Luther King Jr. would be considered as an assimilationist, a person who is black on the outside, but just like Winsome Sears, would be as a black mouth moving for white supremacy.

Which is the most dangerous? The racism that is clearly visible to all or the racism that cleverly hides itself so that many people can't even see it because it uses all the right language?

This is not something I would have even questioned or looked into a couple of months ago, but I think I feel a bit safer with the enemy I know is an enemy than the enemy who pretends to be my friend but is just as much an enemy.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And Republicans voted for the Republican in the race. But it doesn't matter. Many were accused of racism and called hateful names for no other reason that opposing President Obama's policies. These same Republicans who wanted to see Sarah Palin as the first female VP were also accused of misogyny because they rejected Hillary Clinton. This is the game that the DNC uses to keep their base in check. As long as you tote the party line and maintain your unquestionable loyalty to the party, you will be fine. But the minute you begin to show the slightest hint of disagreement, every "ism" in the book will be thrown your way.
However, it is plainly stated when the Republican voter is chanting "Jews will not replace us".
It isn't like Richard Spenser is hiding his beliefs.

Then we have the signs of the tea party rallies (Republican):

NAACP Says Pictures Tell a Thousand (Racist) Words

gallery11_a.jpg

etcqpfde5ut5gjkpcztb.jpg

there were more but they had bad language or were WAY too much for this site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is another:

View attachment 308171

If you don't see an issue with picturing Obama as a monkey, and calling Michelle an 'ape in heels' and such, then I will pray for you.
Do you believe that this is normative of all Republicans? What are your thoughts about black conservatives who vote Republican?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you believe that this is normative of all Republicans? What are your thoughts about black conservatives who vote Republican?
No, I don't think it is the narrative of all Republicans. Black conservatives can vote as they wish. It is not racist to not vote for a black Republican because you are a Democrat. That is the implication of the OP and comments here.
Just because the woman is black does not mean any Democrat, black or not, has to vote for her. It is okay to prefer someone else and it is okay to vote Democratic.

• Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I don't have any issues with people choosing NOT to vote for a black Republican (or any Republican or Democrat regardless of skin color) but I do have issues with the implication made by left-leaning media that a black Republican isn't really black because he or she is conservative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I don't agree with that either, and have only rarely heard that.

Was one of the big news of the day concerning Winsome Sears, which was why so many people were mocking MSNBC right after the election.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I watch MSNBC and it someone on there said it (that a black Republican is not really black), I didn't hear it. Tiffany Cross has her opinion about the state and the quote is about voters overall and not about black Republicans are not really black. .

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status