First Black Woman Lieutenant Governor Elected despite fierce opposition from Democrats.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is totally ridiculous and so full of lies it's ridiculous.

We all have learned in history about the slavery Jim Crow and the Civil Rights era. And we weren't made to feel like we were a bunch of white racist kids.

One more time. The issue isn't history. The issue is "you and you white family are a bunch of racists cause you support a racist society that oppresses back people today. You have white privilege and support an oppressive white society."
The post is explaining an example of white priviledge; it has nothing directly to do with CRT. I'm 95% sure this lady is Canadian.

Citizens of your country still CELEBRATE Chris Columbus; y'all have a national holiday about it. And when people stand up and say "Man....maybe we shouldn't celebrate this guy cause of what he did" others get offended about "erasing history". Same thing when tearing down status of slave owners and racists.

While I agree the idea behind the post is ridiculous, it's ridiculous because it HAPPENS not because it doesn't happen which seems to be your uninformed argument. And it's been happenning that way for freakin' decades and people suggest a change and THEY are racists.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Now these comments about the left are lies.
No, the "Left" does not want sexually explicit books to children in school libraries. No, the "Left" does not want white children to feel guilty. No, the Left does not believe America is "equivalent to "whiteness" and should be hated and torn down. I would say more about the last but the thread will derail.

PROVE your comments.

School system pulls 2 books with graphic sex from libraries

As for the rest, start looking into Critical Race Theory and how it has been infiltrating the schools and elsewhere. You might end up as shocked as I was at what you find, and it hasn't just been Loudoun County VA.

On Tuesday afternoon, I changed my voter registration from Democrat back to Unaffiliated.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
School system pulls 2 books with graphic sex from libraries

As for the rest, start looking into Critical Race Theory and how it has been infiltrating the schools and elsewhere. You might end up as shocked as I was at what you find, and it hasn't just been Loudoun County VA.

On Tuesday afternoon, I changed my voter registration from Democrat back to Unaffiliated.

When discovered, the books were removed. That was one school system. That is not all school systems not proof that all of the "Left" wants books with explicit sex in school libraries.

I don't think most folks have a clue what CRT even is. Show me in a school curiculum where CRT is clearly included.
see
A Lesson on Critical Race Theory

EXPLAINER: So much buzz, but what is critical race theory?

There is little to no evidence that critical race theory itself is being taught to K-12 public school students, though some ideas central to it, such as lingering consequences of slavery, have been.​

I can only post one sentence from that but it is a good article.

What is critical race theory? Explaining the discipline that Texas’ governor wants to “abolish”

Meanwhile, the debate has taken hold across the nation. Last year, conservative activist Christopher Rufo began using the term “critical race theory” publicly to denounce anti-racist education efforts. Since then, conservative lawmakers, commentators and parents have raised alarm that critical race theory is being used to teach children that they are racist, and that the U.S. is a racist country with irredeemable roots. U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and others have called the theory racist itself for centering the nation’s story on racial conflict. In addition, conservative commentator Gerard Baker has argued that critical race theory bans critical thought in favor of what resembles religious instruction.

Those who study the discipline say that the attacks have nothing to do with critical race theory, but instead are targeting any teachings that challenge and complicate dominant narratives about the country’s history and identity.​

They say that critical race theory itself actually shifts emphasis away from accusing individuals — in history or in the classroom — of being racist, which tends to dominate liberal discussions of racism. Instead, it offers tools for shifting public policy to create equity and freedom for all.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
When discovered, the books were removed. That was one school system. That is not all school systems not proof that all of the "Left" wants books with explicit sex in school libraries.

I don't think most folks have a clue what CRT even is. Show me in a school curiculum where CRT is clearly included.
see

There is little to no evidence that critical race theory itself is being taught to K-12 public school students, though some ideas central to it, such as lingering consequences of slavery, have been.​

What is critical race theory? Explaining the discipline that Texas’ governor wants to “abolish”

Meanwhile, the debate has taken hold across the nation. Last year, conservative activist Christopher Rufo began using the term “critical race theory” publicly to denounce anti-racist education efforts. Since then, conservative lawmakers, commentators and parents have raised alarm that critical race theory is being used to teach children that they are racist, and that the U.S. is a racist country with irredeemable roots. U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and others have called the theory racist itself for centering the nation’s story on racial conflict. In addition, conservative commentator Gerard Baker has argued that critical race theory bans critical thought in favor of what resembles religious instruction.

Those who study the discipline say that the attacks have nothing to do with critical race theory, but instead are targeting any teachings that challenge and complicate dominant narratives about the country’s history and identity.​

They say that critical race theory itself actually shifts emphasis away from accusing individuals — in history or in the classroom — of being racist, which tends to dominate liberal discussions of racism. Instead, it offers tools for shifting public policy to create equity and freedom for all.

The schools are not teaching a course called "Critical Race Theory 101" but the principles of CRT are being taught as part of the pedagogy for the classes that are taught. I've been indoctrinated with it too, in education classes I took not so long ago at a public university and having had some experience in public schools. I just didn't have any sort of label for it. However, I have also been "chastised" for assuming that people other than white could be considered racists, because only people who are in "power" can be racist, that white people today need to apologize and make reparations for what their ancestors did in the past, and it just goes on. It's not making things more equitable. It's making things more divided. It's segregation all over again under nicer-sounding labels such as "equity" and "diversity".

It wasn't even from white people that I first started hearing about these things, even though I hadn't heard of "CRT" at the time. I couldn't figure out why black people would vote for Republicans or for Trump because I figured they were voting against their own interests. I mean why would they be voting FOR more racism?

Well now I'm getting a clue.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can explain it all better than me. I don't have the time or energy to collect up everything that has been processed through me for the past few years, most of which I've been unapologetically progressive and being the best woke ally I could be. I have enough evidence to suit me at this point and though I would of course like to be wrong, no one has been able to provide counter-evidence to prove that it's not happening when everything I've experienced is saying that "yes, it is happening." To be quite frank, I feel a bit betrayed and lied to.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
You assume the schools and universities she went to upheld white supremacy and racism.
How racist is Old Dominion University exactly? Have any proof it supports white supremacy?

It's not her particular school....it's the entire western SYSTEM of education. The system itself is inherently racist. (According to the theories)

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The schools are not teaching a course called "Critical Race Theory 101" but the principles of CRT are being taught as part of the pedagogy for the classes that are taught. I've been indoctrinated with it too, in education classes I took not so long ago at a public university and having had some experience in public schools. I just didn't have any sort of label for it. However, I have also been "chastised" for assuming that people other than white could be considered racists, because only people who are in "power" can be racist, that white people today need to apologize and make reparations for what their ancestors did in the past, and it just goes on. It's not making things more equitable. It's making things more divided. It's segregation all over again under nicer-sounding labels such as "equity" and "diversity".

It wasn't even from white people that I first started hearing about these things, even though I hadn't heard of "CRT" at the time. I couldn't figure out why black people would vote for Republicans or for Trump because I figured they were voting against their own interests. I mean why would they be voting FOR more racism?

Well now I'm getting a clue.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can explain it all better than me. I don't have the time or energy to collect up everything that has been processed through me for the past few years, most of which I've been unapologetically progressive and being the best woke ally I could be. I have enough evidence to suit me at this point and though I would of course like to be wrong, no one has been able to provide counter-evidence to prove that it's not happening when everything I've experienced is saying that "yes, it is happening." To be quite frank, I feel a bit betrayed and lied to.

I have some awareness of the educational system having a Masters in Education. I was not a teacher but worked for a school district for 18 years.

It is unwise to make blanket statements about Western Education or all teachers, etc.
CRT is not taught in grade schools. Nor do schools teach "white people bad".

CRT is .a framework that can be used to examine, and challenge the ways race and racism impacts social institutions and practices. It isn't just about blacks. In Arizona, we had to consider Native Americans and how some of our practices alienated tribal members. There was a time Native children were taken from home to go to school in a tribal school. There was a big one in Phoenix - Phoenix Indian School - that operated until 1990. The children were not allowed to speak their native language or worship as they did at home, or wear tribal garments. Culturally it was very harmful to the students. Critical race theory may have been useful in looking deeper at how the children were impacted by demanding they give up their culture.

• Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not her particular school....it's the entire western SYSTEM of education. The system itself is inherently racist. (According to the theories)
It is? Critical race theory could be very useful then in looking harder at how education is affecting the students.

I fear that people hear CRT and assume, because of far right pundits, that it is the 'bogeyman' and cause of all problems, and that white kids are taught to hate themselves. Nope. Not true.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maryland and Massachusetts are also both midterm elections which have smaller turnout, and Republicans tend to do better with low turnout.

There wasn't a huge disparity in terms of turnout though for those states in terms of Gubernatorial vs. Presidential elections.

For Mass.

upload_2021-11-6_23-6-28.png

upload_2021-11-6_23-7-22.png

~2.6 million came out for the 2018 gubernatorial election
~3 million came out for the 2016 presidential election

And if you assume that 12% (~315k people) who showed up for the presidential election (but not the governor election) all would've voted for Jay Gonzales...it wouldn't have even come close to changing the outcome.

The much more likely explanation is that there were a lot of people who disliked Trump and preferred Hillary over him, but still liked Charlie Baker.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I have some awareness of the educational system having a Masters in Education. I was not a teacher but worked for a school district for 18 years.

It is unwise to make blanket statements about Western Education or all teachers, etc.
CRT is not taught in grade schools. Nor do schools teach "white people bad".

CRT is .a framework that can be used to examine, and challenge the ways race and racism impacts social institutions and practices. It isn't just about blacks. In Arizona, we had to consider Native Americans and how some of our practices alienated tribal members. There was a time Native children were taken from home to go to school in a tribal school. There was a big one in Phoenix - Phoenix Indian School - that operated until 1990. The children were not allowed to speak their native language or worship as they did at home, or wear tribal garments. Culturally it was very harmful to the students. Critical race theory may have been useful in looking deeper at how the children were impacted by demanding they give up their culture.

This article explains some of what is going on. I have experienced some of it myself though did not understand the issues at the time. "Check your privilege" is a pretty common phrase in some parts. It seems that you are understandably looking at the issue through a more academic lens based on your own experience, but whether it is because the theory is faulty in some way or because people are using it incorrectly for various reasons, there is harm being done by viewing everything through a lens of race. And I've experienced or witnessed multiple occasions when someone would question and if they were white, they were informed that it was due to their "fragility" with the implication (or sometimes stated outright) that it was too bad, so sad because they're finally getting a small dose of what everyone who is non-white experiences ALL of the time. Personally, I don't see how any of that is bringing us together as Americans or as human beings.

How to Regulate Critical Race Theory in Schools: A Primer and Model Legislation

"In sum: children in primary and secondary public schools are being forced to admit their “privilege” based on race and other intractable characteristics of identity; to apologize for “complicity” in injustices that they could not possibly have created or influenced; and to recite self-deprecating pledges to “do better.” Informed by the lens of Critical Race Theory and related analytical structures being taught widely in leading university schools of education, many public schools are eschewing “race liberalism” for “race consciousness,” as they work to disrupt “white comfort” on the path to “liberation.” Far too often, students and public employees alike have been required to express identity-based opinions and worldviews, in clear contravention of constitutional prohibitions against state-compelled speech."

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This article explains some of what is going on. I have experienced some of it myself though did not understand the issues at the time. "Check your privilege" is a pretty common phrase in some parts. It seems that you are understandably looking at the issue through a more academic lens based on your own experience, but whether it is because the theory is faulty in some way or because people are using it incorrectly for various reasons, there is harm being done by viewing everything through a lens of race. And I've experienced or witnessed multiple occasions when someone would question and if they were white, they were informed that it was due to their "fragility" with the implication (or sometimes stated outright) that it was too bad, so sad because they're finally getting a small dose of what everyone who is non-white experiences ALL of the time. Personally, I don't see how any of that is bringing us together as Americans or as human beings.

How to Regulate Critical Race Theory in Schools: A Primer and Model Legislation

"In sum: children in primary and secondary public schools are being forced to admit their “privilege” based on race and other intractable characteristics of identity; to apologize for “complicity” in injustices that they could not possibly have created or influenced; and to recite self-deprecating pledges to “do better.” Informed by the lens of Critical Race Theory and related analytical structures being taught widely in leading university schools of education, many public schools are eschewing “race liberalism” for “race consciousness,” as they work to disrupt “white comfort” on the path to “liberation.” Far too often, students and public employees alike have been required to express identity-based opinions and worldviews, in clear contravention of constitutional prohibitions against state-compelled speech."
That article actually does not help. For one, having 9 year old "decontruct their racial identities and then rank themselves is pointless as they would not understand how to deconstruct in the first place or how to rank. There would be such explanation needed that they would not get anything out of it.
Then the surveys were not explained as to how the questions or explanations were stated.

Isolated schools, like some charters or private schools, could get away with some of that, but not most schools who are going to be focusing on what is needed for testing and some enrichment added in.
I really do fear that the whole thing is being used for fear-mongering by the far right and explained with a great deal of bias.

• Agree
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Test scores are dropping, time is being wasted teaching kids neo-Marxist philosophies. Let's have school choice, if hard left parents want to send their children to such schools let them, but let the children who want to learn English, math, and science to the school of their choice.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
That article actually does not help. For one, having 9 year old "decontruct their racial identities and then rank themselves is pointless as they would not understand how to deconstruct in the first place or how to rank. There would be such explanation needed that they would not get anything out of it.
Then the surveys were not explained as to how the questions or explanations were stated.

Isolated schools, like some charters or private schools, could get away with some of that, but not most schools who are going to be focusing on what is needed for testing and some enrichment added in.
I really do fear that the whole thing is being used for fear-mongering by the far right and explained with a great deal of bias.

The far right will of course use this issue for their purposes but one thing that's different in this case is that parents have been able to see more of what's going on in their schools and they haven't been too happy about it in some districts or schools, and it hasn't just been Republicans or conservatives that are having issues. It seems to be a growing issue rather than just an isolated case here or there and even then I'd be suspicious except that I've experienced some of it myself and in some of my own education classes. And then when black people try to call out some of these problems they get canceled or called things like black white supremacists. It's not that people don't think that talking about race is valuable or wanting to make certain that events aren't left out of history, but that many feel that it's gone in a very wrong direction whether it's based on CRT or some other thing.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should be ashamed of yourself for turning this into Democrats not wanting a black woman to be elected.
I agree. Democrats only don't want black Republicans to be elected.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I agree. Democrats only don't want black Republicans to be elected.
Isn't that the entire point of politics? Not wanting the opposing party to be elected?

• Winner
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what the NFL combine is. What is it and what is the logic he argued?
It is an event where the players show off their skills to the teams prior to the draft. He likened it to a slave auction block.

I apologize for the fragility comment. It wasn't necessary.
Why do you need all the cheerleading though?
I don't. My point is that if we cannot correctly assess the amount of racism our society has we cannot fix the problem.

Well, again, if everyone is racist, then racists vote for Biden too. Take comfort in that.
I don't think people are racist based on how they vote for. But I wouldn't vote for anyone with a clear prejudice against minorities, period. While you might not be racist, it ain't great to be supporting one.
You need to give evidence that someone is racists before you label them as such.

I agree. Esp. with Obama. I think that was thrown around a BIT too much. At the same time, some of the critiques I was hearing about Obama were completely assinine and folks were poorly articulating their critiques. And I still think there are ridiculous comparisons and equivocations made between Obama and Trump's character which is absurd. Love their policies all you want but if you equate the moral character of those two people, you're judgement is, at BEST, skewed.
I never did.

But everyone is racist.
Nope.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The post is explaining an example of white priviledge; it has nothing directly to do with CRT. I'm 95% sure this lady is Canadian.

Citizens of your country still CELEBRATE Chris Columbus; y'all have a national holiday about it. And when people stand up and say "Man....maybe we shouldn't celebrate this guy cause of what he did" others get offended about "erasing history". Same thing when tearing down status of slave owners and racists.

While I agree the idea behind the post is ridiculous, it's ridiculous because it HAPPENS not because it doesn't happen which seems to be your uninformed argument. And it's been happenning that way for freakin' decades and people suggest a change and THEY are racists.

Are you doing it again? I think so. Making false accusations or at least false insinuations.

Making it sound like we ARE a racist society oppressing the minorities in order to keep white privilege and power.

To prove your point you bring up Columbus Day.

The woman's rantings are ridiculous and so are your insinuations. America is not a racist society, we do not have laws and systems in place to oppress minorities and keep white power and privilege. That is your own self flagellation, Which you are welcome to.

And if want to talk about Columbus start another thread. We wasn't the monster you hint at.

We learn all about slavery, Jim Crow and the civil right era. Like said, we have been learning about that for years. We were not made to feel like because it happened we are all a bunch of racists who want to oppress black people in order to hold onto our white privilege. THAT absolutely is part of CRT.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal

see

Why don't you read the posts. It's already been explained how this works. They are not teaching a course on CRT. What they are doing is incorporating the principles of CRT into course curriculum. And evidence of that has been presented. And because you guys don't really want to admit the truth of it, you reject the evidence.

You should stop with this false narrative. Because none of us is making the claim that there is a course in CRT in schools with a dedicated CRT lesson plan. But as has been proven, CRT principles are being taught as part of other lesson plans. The teachers don't say "As CRT teaches us in it's theory".

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why don't you read the posts. It's already been explained how this works. They are not teaching a course on CRT. What they are doing is incorporating the principles of CRT into course curriculum. And evidence of that has been presented. And because you guys don't really want to admit the truth of it, you reject the evidence.

You should stop with this false narrative. Because none of us is making the claim that there is a course in CRT in schools with a dedicated CRT lesson plan. But as has been proven, CRT principles are being taught as part of other lesson plans. The teachers don't say "As CRT teaches us in it's theory".

Basic teaching about race and history is not CRT.

CRT is a framework that is taught in Law school. Of course it is not taught in grade school. Nor are children in grade school taught that white people are bad. The purpose of CRT is not to make one group feel bad.

We are not rejecting evidence, we need to see it first.

• Agree
Reactions: Yttrium
Upvote 0