First Black Woman Lieutenant Governor Elected despite fierce opposition from Democrats.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Winsome Sears is the first black woman elected to be lieutenant governor in the history of our nation.
Jenette Bradley would like a word with you. Not to mention the other five Black woman elected as Lt. Governor, including three serving right now. What Lt. Governor-Elect Sears is is the first Black woman elected to that position in VA.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,896.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Jenette Bradley would like a word with you. Not to mention the other five Black woman elected as Lt. Governor, including three serving right now. What Lt. Governor-Elect Sears is is the first Black woman elected to that position in VA.

Just more evidence our nation isn't as racist as some would like to proclaim.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,896.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes. It truly is terrible that kids have to suffer through that....Not sure how often it has happenned in a country of 330,000,000 people but I'd wager this happens nearly every day somewhere in America:

aGRzBfJ.jpg

This is totally ridiculous and so full of lies it's ridiculous.

We all have learned in history about the slavery Jim Crow and the Civil Rights era. And we weren't made to feel like we were a bunch of white racist kids.

One more time. The issue isn't history. The issue is "you and you white family are a bunch of racists cause you support a racist society that oppresses back people today. You have white privilege and support an oppressive white society."

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Just more evidence our nation isn't as racist as some would like to proclaim.
I mean it took until 2002 for the first Black woman LT. to be elected, and there have only been five in the 225 or so elections since. So still not what I would call a large number.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

We all have learned in history about the slavery Jim Crow and the Civil Rights era. And we weren't made to feel like we were a bunch of white racist kids.

One more time. The issue isn't history. The issue is "you and you white family are a bunch of racists cause you support a racist society that oppresses back people today. You have white privilege and support an oppressive white society."

What is interesting to me is that the lady who made that tweet probably wouldn't be here to bite the hand of the country that is feeding her if it wasn't for that man who came over here and discovered America for the west. What about all the indigenous people of all the other countries on earth who have been conquered by various peoples and empires throughout history? Doesn't she care and become offended on their behalf too? And if not, why not I wonder?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,896.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What is interesting to me is that the lady who made that tweet probably wouldn't be here to bite the hand of the country that is feeding her if it wasn't for that man who came over here and discovered America for the west. What about all the indigenous people of all the other countries on earth who have been conquered by various peoples and empires throughout history? Doesn't she care and become offended on their behalf too? And if not, why not I wonder?

You're right and it's a serious problem with the left. Judging history by today's standards. And doing their very best to condemn people today for the past.

It's because they have to destroy everything in order to bring the leftist utopia they want.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
You're right and it's a serious problem with the left. Judging history by today's standards. And doing their very best to condemn people today for the past.

It's because they have to destroy everything in order to bring the leftist utopia they want.

I've also noticed that she has a Ph.D. next to her name which means she's spent a lot of time in a western system of education that apparently upholds racism and white supremacy, and yet there she is. I have to wonder that without American ideals of Democracy, she would have even been allowed to go to college if she wasn't of the nobility or had at least merchant class wealth or some other level of high social standing, or if women would have earned the right to go in the first place. There are so many different factors that went into where people are today that aren't considered because we take them for granted, until of course they are gone.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This reminds me...this morning I opened an email to find a letter from my local Democratic party about how we need to vote for Democrats everywhere all down the line if we want to prevent the "horror" that happened in VA from happening here. And then of course like every good political email does, they ask for a donation to help with this cause.

What was left out of the letter is WHY we should vote for Democrats, because based on the VA elections, the "horrors" seem to be coming from the ideology that doesn't believe parents should have any rights to their children's education, that schools should be providing sexually explicit books to children in school libraries, that white children should be made to feel guilty, that America is equivalent to "whiteness" and should be hated and torn down, and that females should be made to dress and undress in front of boys.

Did the letter address any of those things? Of course not.

Party-line voting mentalities
"Red or Dead"
"Blue no matter who"

...tend to be far less effective at local and state levels than they do at federal levels. Attentiveness to the regional component of politics becomes much more important the more regionally compartmentalized the election is.

Just because a state is a "Blue/Red" state in a federal election (where there's a wide chasm in terms of policy positions) doesn't mean that that they're on board with everything.

For instance, in a state that's "just a touch left of center" could very well be closer to a centrist republican than they are to a far left democrat (despite technically being on the same side of the imaginary bisecting line)

That's basically how you end up with outcomes like this for places like Maryland:

At the federal level:
upload_2021-11-6_11-45-30.png

upload_2021-11-6_11-46-0.png

At the state level:
upload_2021-11-6_11-44-44.png

upload_2021-11-6_11-46-26.png

(Massachusetts and New Hampshire are both the same story...they're also states where Democrats dominate at a federal level, but who have Republican governors who've been winning handily for multiple state election cycles)

If it can happen in much more left-leaning places like New England states, it'd have to sheer hubris on the part of Democrats to think it wouldn't be possible in more moderate (or even center-right) areas like Virginia.

Preferring an Obama over Romney, or preferring Hillary over Trump doesn't equate to "I'll take any democrat over any republican". Hopefully this was a valuable learning experience.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
"Red or Dead"
"Blue no matter who"

...tend to be far less effective at local and state levels than they do at federal levels. Attentiveness to the regional component of politics becomes much more important the more regionally compartmentalized the election is.

Just because a state is a "Blue/Red" state in a federal election (where there's a wide chasm in terms of policy positions) doesn't mean that that they're on board with everything.

For instance, in a state that's "just a touch left of center" could very well be closer to a centrist republican than they are to a far left democrat (despite technically being on the same side of the imaginary bisecting line)

That's basically how you end up with outcomes like this for places like Maryland:

At the federal level:
View attachment 308134
View attachment 308135

At the state level:
View attachment 308133
View attachment 308136

(Massachusetts and New Hampshire are both the same story...they're also states where Democrats dominate at a federal level, but who have Republican governors who've been winning handily for multiple state election cycles)

If it can happen in much more left-leaning places like New England states, it'd have to sheer hubris on the part of Democrats to think it wouldn't be possible in more moderate (or even center-right) areas like Virginia.

Preferring an Obama over Romney, or preferring Hillary over Trump doesn't equate to "I'll take any democrat over any republican". Hopefully this was a valuable learning experience.

Trump won in our state (NC) but we elected a Democratic governor while much of the rest of state government is conservative. I'm really interested to see what 2022 is going to be like here after what has happened in VA (and in my local municipal elections). We also have a black Lt. Governor who those on the left have been trying to cancel and malign into resigning because he is a conservative who spoke up on some of the same issues going on in VA that helped put Youngkin into office. I believe he's planning on running for governor next year rather than resigning though and I'm thinking he has a really good chance at winning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
"Red or Dead"
"Blue no matter who"

At the federal level:
View attachment 308134
View attachment 308135

At the state level:
View attachment 308133
View attachment 308136

Maryland and Massachusetts are also both midterm elections which have smaller turnout, and Republicans tend to do better with low turnout.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟152,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both of these women. That ran for lieutenant governor have African roots. You should be ashamed of yourself for turning this into Democrats not wanting a black woman to be elected. Democrats don't have an issue with black women running for office. Democrats have different views about things. And don't agree with Republic views.
She is the first woman. and a black woman to be elected as Lt Gov in Virginia. Nothing to be ashamed of on her part.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟213,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maryland and Massachusetts are also both midterm elections which have smaller turnout, and Republicans tend to do better with low turnout.
I'm an independent and I don't want to see Marxists or racists elected. It's not a secret that there is significant sized group among the Democrats, whether you call them progressives or neo-Marxists or Marxists, who have much influenced recent policy. I truly don't believe that the majority of Democrats or minorities wish to see the police defunded or disbanded or their children taught CRT/racism. Here's an article from CNBC, quite a liberal news outlet, on the voter turnout in Virginia:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/03/vir...-history-fueling-glenn-youngkins-victory.html
"
"
  • Glenn Youngkin, a wealthy businessman, flipped the Virginia governorship to Republican control in a race that saw the highest turnout among the state’s voters in recent history.
  • Voter turnout is also higher than any other gubernatorial election in Virginia since 1997.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a quote from MSNBC host Tiffany Cross.

"But let’s be honest. All those takes are like searching the edges while refusing to see what’s staring right back at you. And I can assure you, Black voters in Virginia are not shocked by the so-called Youngkin shocker. This isn’t about enthusiasm. This isn’t about Democrats not doing enough to exercise their base, and this definitely is not about messaging or even about Beloved. This is about the fact that a good chunk of voters out there are OK with White supremacy. Let’s call a thing a thing. Actually, scratch that. They are more than OK."

Tiffany Cross Says Democrats Lost Virginia Because ‘A Good Chunk of Voters Out There Are OK With White Supremacy’

Hmm, This is a strange form of white supremacy, getting a black woman elected.

This also from the same article:

The MSNBC host’s seemingly singular explanation is not bolstered by the fact that Youngkin received a higher share of the Black vote than any Republican presidential candidate in recent memory.

As Bret Baier noted, “He got 13% of the Black vote. Donald Trump in 2020 got 11%. Mitt Romney got 8%. John McCain 4%. There is a Republican story to be told about the Black community and chipping away and getting more voters to pay attention. This is a race where the pundits said that Youngkin was blowing the racial dog whistle and trying to get Whites and White supremacists engaged in the race. That’s the dynamic in which more Black voters voted for the Republican than in the past.”

White supremacy is the reason a conservative BLACK woman was elected. Can one get more detached from reality?

In the real world that is not a leftist echo chamber, she was elected because she more represents the normal people who elected her.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟152,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. It truly is terrible that kids have to suffer through that....Not sure how often it has happenned in a country of 330,000,000 people but I'd wager this happens nearly every day somewhere in America:

aGRzBfJ.jpg
Her short smoke screen is no better than any other. It’s disingenuous and designed to inflame thoughtless emotion in place of reason. Someone wasted money educating her if that’s her best. No one here expects indigenous children to celebrate whoever she suggests raped and murdered their ancestors. As Bob Dylan sang, she’s an educated fool, history is history. None here support the exclusion of black, brown, red, yellow, pink, or green skinned Martians in history if they did something noteworthy. I believe it is the desire to tear out or tear down and attempt to rewrite historical events people reject.

I reject the enslavement of other races, that does not mean it doesn’t and hasn’t occurred throughout history as has the conquering of nations and the pillaging and plundering that follows. All men have failed save one.

We are not a racist nation as some suggest. We elected a black man with a black wife and black children, twice.

Having said that, culture plays a large role in success. It is time to stop the negative bickering, name calling and discontinue promoting the victim mentality. Asians score highly on the SAT because they prepare.

Immigrants come here for a better life and work hard to achieve it.

Why Immigrants are more successful than you.

Next time you encounter immigrants, don’t judge them because of the job they have, the way they talk, or the clothes they wear. Be careful as some of the richest immigrants I know still drive their old beat-up cars and buy their clothes from Wal-Mart and only when they are on sale.

Immigrants are successful because of their beliefs and the way they were brought up. So, take a page out of their book and learn a few things because it isn’t too late for you to pick up a few useful approaches to life and, more importantly, become successful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm an independent and I don't want to see Marxists or racists elected. It's not a secret that there is significant sized group among the Democrats, whether you call them progressives or neo-Marxists or Marxists, who have much influenced recent policy. I truly don't believe that the majority of Democrats or minorities wish to see the police defunded or disbanded or their children taught CRT/racism. Here's an article from CNBC, quite a liberal news outlet, on the voter turnout in Virginia:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/03/vir...-history-fueling-glenn-youngkins-victory.html
"
"
  • Glenn Youngkin, a wealthy businessman, flipped the Virginia governorship to Republican control in a race that saw the highest turnout among the state’s voters in recent history.
  • Voter turnout is also higher than any other gubernatorial election in Virginia since 1997.

I considered myself progressive because of the policies that Bernie was always promoting -- health care, the environment, living wages, paid family leave, and similar policies that could help working people and strengthen the middle class. I still agree with many of those things and it seemed like he was the only politician out there talking about them regardless of political party.

But all of this other stuff with CRT (or whatever of the many labels its being promoted under)that promotes racism and segregation, the gender delusions that pretend there is no such thing as biological sex, taking parents out of schools, approving sexually explicit materials for school libraries---with PICTURES demonstrating various sexual acts. It's a far, far cry from arguments over whether classics such as Catcher in the Rye should be in schools.

I don't know where all of THIS is coming from or came from, but my guess is that it's a result of the Democratic establishment's focus on identity politics because I remember getting into arguments with liberals over it because they hated Bernie and they hated his focus on policy and believed that identity politics were the greatest thing ever to get rid of all the horrible things in the world. It even led to an even more ridiculous arguments such as whether white women should be allowed to do yoga exercises EVEN IF they weren't called yoga exercises because they were "culturally appropriated" from yoga.

I don't think many Democrats have a clue as to what is really going on. I didn't until all the uproar over J.K. Rowling happened and I started to look into it because I couldn't figure out why what she said was wrong, and now I know she wasn't wrong, and then that led me into looking into a bunch of these other things.

I think all the stuff going on with Trump provided a cover. As long as everyone was upset and worried about Trump, they wouldn't be paying attention to what their kids were being taught in schools. But now Trump is out of office. All eyes are on Democrats because Biden was elected, and then Afghanistan happened, the mandates happened, and then Loudoun County VA and the subsequent elections happened.

It's getting more out in the open, and once more progressives and Democrats find out about it all, I predict there will be even more crossover. And of course there will be even more doubling down as the Democratic party continues its drift even further away from objective reality.

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
"
"
Yes, it's record turn out for a gubernatorial election. It was also still far lower then the turnout from the 2020 Presidential election.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What was left out of the letter is WHY we should vote for Democrats, because based on the VA elections, the "horrors" seem to be coming from the ideology that doesn't believe parents should have any rights to their children's education, that schools should be providing sexually explicit books to children in school libraries, that white children should be made to feel guilty, that America is equivalent to "whiteness" and should be hated and torn down, and that females should be made to dress and undress in front of boys.
quiDid the letter address any of those things? Of course not.

Now these comments about the left are lies.
No, the "Left" does not want sexually explicit books to children in school libraries. No, the "Left" does not want white children to feel guilty. No, the Left does not believe America is "equivalent to "whiteness" and should be hated and torn down. I would say more about the last but the thread will derail.

PROVE your comments.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

And schools are not teaching that all white kids are racist. Show me any school circulum that teaches that.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I've also noticed that she has a Ph.D. next to her name which means she's spent a lot of time in a western system of education that apparently upholds racism and white supremacy, and yet there she is. I have to wonder that without American ideals of Democracy, she would have even been allowed to go to college if she wasn't of the nobility or had at least merchant class wealth or some other level of high social standing, or if women would have earned the right to go in the first place. There are so many different factors that went into where people are today that aren't considered because we take them for granted, until of course they are gone.
You assume the schools and universities she went to upheld white supremacy and racism.
How racist is Old Dominion University exactly? Have any proof it supports white supremacy?

• Useful
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0