First Black Woman Lieutenant Governor Elected despite fierce opposition from Democrats.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No, people see it in CRT, in the bills that Congress is passing that have laws based on race, little girls going home crying because they are taught they are evil racists, etc.
Yes. It truly is terrible that kids have to suffer through that....Not sure how often it has happenned in a country of 330,000,000 people but I'd wager this happens nearly every day somewhere in America:

aGRzBfJ.jpg

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think most of us just want some acknowledgement that we have actually made progress in this area and are tired being called racist because we disagree with their politics. No one thinks racism does not exist. But minorities are demonstrably less affected by it today than in the past. I would say President Obama and Winsome Sears would not have been elected 50 years ago but it is not surprising today. Isn't this progress? It seems a lot of these activists think that unless we are a 0% racist society then we are still 100% racist society. It is untrue but it allows them to gain power and wealth.
I guess it depends what your "need to be acknowledged" looks like. I'm pretty sure everyone is quite aware of what Sears said as good steps. How often do you need the cheerleading though; why so fragile?
I think part of the Virginia election outcome is that many of us no longer are scared to be called racist when we are not. They are standing up to the bullies that decry racism to get their way and voting for policies they think are best.
Funny. I don't think white supremacists care about being called racist either though. So I'm not sure what that point was trying to entail.

Also, they aren't using "racism" to get their way. They think there IS racism still and they want to try to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
What is a Lieutenant Governor?

Is a black woman not allowed to be a Republican?

Has this never happened before?

Must everythi

According to woke racism, a black woman is allowed to be a man but never a Republican.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think most of us just want some acknowledgement that we have actually made progress in this area and are tired being called racist because we disagree with their politics. No one thinks racism does not exist. But minorities are demonstrably less affected by it today than in the past. I would say President Obama and Winsome Sears would not have been elected 50 years ago but it is not surprising today. Isn't this progress? It seems a lot of these activists think that unless we are a 0% racist society then we are still 100% racist society. It is untrue but it allows them to gain power and wealth. I think part of the Virginia election outcome is that many of us no longer are scared to be called racist when we are not. They are standing up to the bullies that decry racism to get their way and voting for policies they think are best.
At which level of racism would you say that a society should be okay with the racism existing in it?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I guess it depends what your "need to be acknowledged" looks like. I'm pretty sure everyone is quite aware of what Sears said as good steps.
Some people like Kaepernick say things like the NFL combine is like slavery. This is the kind of nonsense I am talking about. If we don't rightly judge where true racism is then we can never eliminate it. Exaggerating the amount of racism is not helpful to people affected by racism.

How often do you need the cheerleading though; why so fragile?
Typical, instead of having a discussion about race you just claim I am fragile. You are the problem.

Funny. I don't think white supremacists care about being called racist either though. So I'm not sure what that point was trying to entail.
It's the people that are not racists that are called racist without evidence is what I am talking about. This happens all to often. Vote for Trump, you are a racist, voted against Obama, you must be a racist etc.

Also, they aren't using "racism" to get their way. They think there IS racism still and they want to try to get rid of it.
We all do. But claiming that people voted for Youngkin because they are racist or did not vote for president Obama because he was black without evidence is detrimental to eliminating racism.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
At which level of racism would you say that a society should be okay with the racism existing in it?
None. That should be the goal. But I don't think we will ever get there but we can keep reducing how it affects victims of racism.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see some posts here are very clearly on the left....ok. Like the elderly black man said I think 3-4 years ago "Racist use to be the last word used. Today its the first word used". America is not racist.. there are in America white racist.. black racist on and on and a well known white racist that hello voted for Joe BIden. Odd is it not when some of them voted for president Trump it was headline news but when they vote for Joe.. shhh it never happened. History.. black man freed goes out starts a biz with? Black slaves haha.

So black white asian voted and a winner was picked.. white are now being called racist for voting not the black or asian .. odd that most that voted also voted in what 2013 were NOT racist..odd huh but this time oh they are. Opps. No people came out and voted.. this is what happens. It is shocking for me to hear MSNBC CNN say such awful ..just awful lies and for the most part no one says a word. You know the DOG WHISTLE? Strange was how many shows different networks (LEFT) used the same word.

For me every time I hear this chatter about how the left just care about black people.. I think of Chicago. Hearing about that are you? What great and wonderful things are bring done? Well since they can't blame TRUMP or white people ... it makes me wonder.. they care yet Oct 11th this year "4 dead, 38 wounded in Chicago shootings over holiday weekend" "Oct 21st this year I think the weekend "At least 29 shot, 3 fatally, in weekend gun violence, police say"

I can keep going. This is the woke years.. wont last... as the lord said For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light. So its great news "Lieutenant Governor Elected despite fierce opposition from Democrats.". Both are what that state voted for.. way it works.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is a Lieutenant Governor?

Is a black woman not allowed to be a Republican?

Has this never happened before?

Must everythi

A Lieutenant Governor is similar to a Vice President.

Not according to Joe Biden.

First time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Some people like Kaepernick say things like the NFL combine is like slavery.
I'm not sure what the NFL combine is. What is it and what is the logic he argued?

Typical, instead of having a discussion about race you just claim I am fragile.
I apologize for the fragility comment. It wasn't necessary.
Why do you need all the cheerleading though?

It's the people that are not racists that are called racist without evidence is what I am talking about. This happens all to often. Vote for Trump, you are a racist, voted against Obama, you must be a racist etc.
Well, again, if everyone is racist, then racists vote for Biden too. Take comfort in that.
I don't think people are racist based on how they vote for. But I wouldn't vote for anyone with a clear prejudice against minorities, period. While you might not be racist, it ain't great to be supporting one.

We all do. But claiming that people voted for Youngkin because they are racist or did not vote for president Obama because he was black without evidence is detrimental to eliminating racism.
I agree. Esp. with Obama. I think that was thrown around a BIT too much. At the same time, some of the critiques I was hearing about Obama were completely assinine and folks were poorly articulating their critiques. And I still think there are ridiculous comparisons and equivocations made between Obama and Trump's character which is absurd. Love their policies all you want but if you equate the moral character of those two people, you're judgement is, at BEST, skewed.

In their eyes they whole heatedly believe that white people are nothing but a bunch of racists and especially so if they are republicans or conservatives.
But everyone is racist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,220.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No, it wasn’t a news anchor. It was an opinion given on an opinion show. Speaking of fabricating facts, you may want to be more careful of what you’re putting out there as facts.

It was an MSNBC host. I think he just misunderstood what that meant.

But bottom line, she is only saying what so many on the left believe. Including those leftist news anchors.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]
Question. Would you think that what this woman said is racist:
Z37gK6o.png

ps.....I was NOT saying thta ANYONE on this board espouses those thoughts. But I can guarantee that some people d.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a quote from MSNBC host Tiffany Cross.

"But let’s be honest. All those takes are like searching the edges while refusing to see what’s staring right back at you. And I can assure you, Black voters in Virginia are not shocked by the so-called Youngkin shocker. This isn’t about enthusiasm. This isn’t about Democrats not doing enough to exercise their base, and this definitely is not about messaging or even about Beloved. This is about the fact that a good chunk of voters out there are OK with White supremacy. Let’s call a thing a thing. Actually, scratch that. They are more than OK."

Tiffany Cross Says Democrats Lost Virginia Because ‘A Good Chunk of Voters Out There Are OK With White Supremacy’

Hmm, This is a strange form of white supremacy, getting a black woman elected.

This also from the same article:

The MSNBC host’s seemingly singular explanation is not bolstered by the fact that Youngkin received a higher share of the Black vote than any Republican presidential candidate in recent memory.

As Bret Baier noted, “He got 13% of the Black vote. Donald Trump in 2020 got 11%. Mitt Romney got 8%. John McCain 4%. There is a Republican story to be told about the Black community and chipping away and getting more voters to pay attention. This is a race where the pundits said that Youngkin was blowing the racial dog whistle and trying to get Whites and White supremacists engaged in the race. That’s the dynamic in which more Black voters voted for the Republican than in the past.”

I started a whole thread on it...Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot if they're going to entertain MSNBC headlines.

This was their main banner on their website a few days ago
upload_2021-11-5_18-18-30.png

They need to take the same advice I've given to republicans in the past, which is that there's a regional component to politics in our country. Much like I've told republicans "what plays well among republicans in Alabama isn't going to play as well among republicans in the New England states and some of the midwest" (which is why Trump lost), the same is true for the other side of the fence. The types of policies that may be tremendously popular in LA, NYC, or Portland, probably aren't going to be quite as popular with southern and midwestern democrats.

If the Democrats were performing a litmus test on how popular woke ideologies are among self-identifying democrats and moderates in Virginia, they got their answer.

• Agree
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
If the Democrats were performing a litmus test on how popular woke ideologies are among self-identifying democrats and moderates in Virginia, they got their answer.

This reminds me...this morning I opened an email to find a letter from my local Democratic party about how we need to vote for Democrats everywhere all down the line if we want to prevent the "horror" that happened in VA from happening here. And then of course like every good political email does, they ask for a donation to help with this cause.

What was left out of the letter is WHY we should vote for Democrats, because based on the VA elections, the "horrors" seem to be coming from the ideology that doesn't believe parents should have any rights to their children's education, that schools should be providing sexually explicit books to children in school libraries, that white children should be made to feel guilty, that America is equivalent to "whiteness" and should be hated and torn down, and that females should be made to dress and undress in front of boys.

Did the letter address any of those things? Of course not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Some people like Kaepernick say things like the NFL combine is like slavery. This is the kind of nonsense I am talking about. If we don't rightly judge where true racism is then we can never eliminate it. Exaggerating the amount of racism is not helpful to people affected by racism.
Are you sure that you want to argue that black people don’t know what racism entails?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure that you want to argue that black people don’t know what racism entails?
Are you suggesting that all black people have the same thoughts and values, what do you call that kind of thinking?

• Useful
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,220.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Question. Would you think that what this woman said is racist:
Z37gK6o.png

ps.....I was NOT saying thta ANYONE on this board espouses those thoughts. But I can guarantee that some people d.

What's does what that Lady said have anything to do with your claim that people believe there is no racism?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,220.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This reminds me...this morning I opened an email to find a letter from my local Democratic party about how we need to vote for Democrats everywhere all down the line if we want to prevent the "horror" that happened in VA from happening here. And then of course like every good political email does, they ask for a donation to help with this cause.

What was left out of the letter is WHY we should vote for Democrats, because based on the VA elections, the "horrors" seem to be coming from the ideology that doesn't believe parents should have any rights to their children's education, that schools should be providing sexually explicit books to children in school libraries, that white children should be made to feel guilty, that America is equivalent to "whiteness" and should be hated and torn down, and that females should be made to dress and undress in front of boys.

Did the letter address any of those things? Of course not.

What horror? That a black woman was elected as LT Governor? Or that a Hispanic was elected?

Upvote 0