✟8,975.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi:

Do you remember your first time attending an Anglican service?

I was baptized Greek Orthodox but I have gravitated toward the Anglican Church.

Tomorrow will be my first service... I believe. I know I was in this particular cathedral as a kid... maybe it is my second!

Do you relate?

Peace

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I hope you have a wonderful experience!

My first time was at college, when a couple of my fellow students invited me to attend with them. My second time was later that same year, when a group of us from the college attended Holy Week services. Holy Week was a wonderful introduction to liturgical worship.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was 53 years old when I wandered into an Episcopal Church for the first time in search for more liturgical and reverential worship that I had been experiencing in my former church. I had been taking one Sunday a month to visit traditions other than my own. I think the hook was set when I saw the Deacon processing with the Gospel high and lifted up. The chills racing up and down my spine said this might be the place I had been looking for.

Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2022
Grantham
✟25,509.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My own experience was almost the other way round. I was brought up in a parish at the ritualistic end of the Church of England (candles, "sung mass", the English Hymnal). So when, as a student atheist, I was invited to an Anglican church in my student town, the absence of ritual took some getting used to. What struck me most was that the lessons were not "intoned". It is characteristic of the C of E that room can be found for both styles.

Upvote 0