Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone. I could possibly be going to an Abortion Clinic Vigil for the first time later this week. I was wondering, to those who have done it before, what kind of experiences you have had whilst taking part in them ? To be honest, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous about what may happen.

wondrousgnat

Feb 27, 2013
Winfield Township
✟8,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Done it a number of times myself. You will be with other good people. Friendly conversation. Some people may seem to get carried away. But it is still a good experience. Probably some time in prayer. Catholics usually pray the rosary. Protestants of course will pray too.

Passersby may honk horns in support or make obscene gestures. But for the most part there is little response from others but those who do are more on your side than those opposed.

Upvote 0

Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hey everyone. Thank you for the Prayers and advice. It went a lot better than I thought. I was extremely nervous beforehand, but once I got there it evaporated. A lot of people turned up and hopefully some seeds were sown in the people who walked past us and in the Clinic itself.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone. I could possibly be going to an Abortion Clinic Vigil for the first time later this week. I was wondering, to those who have done it before, what kind of experiences you have had whilst taking part in them ? To be honest, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous about what may happen.

I have never done it before. I have considered doing it in the past but I no longer consider doing it because of my health. I would be unable to stand for a long period of time and even sitting outside for a long period of time would likely be difficult for me.

That said, enough about me. I hope that if you do this that you enjoy it and that it becomes a ministry for you. We need more prayer vigils outside abortion clinics. The scourge of abortion must be wiped away from our society.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,696.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone. Thank you for the Prayers and advice. It went a lot better than I thought. I was extremely nervous beforehand, but once I got there it evaporated. A lot of people turned up and hopefully some seeds were sown in the people who walked past us and in the Clinic itself.

Good on you..:)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:crossrc:

God bless you.

Upvote 0