United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It's an article from 4 years ago.
That's the whole point. It's a reflection of the right's reaction to an election they didn't want compared to the left's reaction to an election they didn't want.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's the whole point. It's a reflection of the right's reaction to an election they didn't want compared to the left's reaction to an election they didn't want.

The right, however, is supposed to be the party of God...good Christian folk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure of your point.

It sure didn't work with my mother to say, "But...Johnny did it, too!" My mother taught me better and expected more of me than Johnny's mother.

And when I was the division Top sergeant, it didn't work with me if my troops said, "But those guys in the other division do it!" Those guys in the other division didn't work for me; I taught my troops better and expected more of them.

If someone's viewpoint is that "They are bad, but we are good," then the bad behavior of those already determined to be bad is to be expected. It does not justify bad behavior on the part of those who are supposed to be good. It's not even a talking point.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They even stopped to say a prayer of thanksgiving once they had invading the Capitol chambers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sure didn't work with my mother to say, "But...Johnny did it, too!" My mother taught me better and expected more of me than Johnny's mother.

And when I was the division Top sergeant, it didn't work with me if my troops said, "But those guys in the other division do it!" Those guys in the other division didn't work for me; I taught my troops better and expected more of them.

If someone's viewpoint is that "They are bad, but we are good," then the bad behavior of those already determined to be bad is to be expected. It does not justify bad behavior on the part of those who are supposed to be good. It's not even a talking point.

Did you catch the news this morning showing the weekend warriors turning their backs to the new president? Not really any context to show what was really going on.

Troops turn their backs on Biden; no salutes either | From the Trenches World Report

Upvote 0

MaxQ

Cow Cuddler
Jan 20, 2021
Brisbane
✟8,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Naturalist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Is this happening in the US of A? I don't know what's going on with everything.
Nope. Four years ago. Nothing crazy like that this time.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
And that means ................. we are supposed to let everyone step all over us and take away our rights?

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
They even stopped to say a prayer of thanksgiving once they had invading the Capitol chambers.
LOL. Most of them were led there by the security guys who let them in. Quite the invasion. The cops on the other side of the Capitol were obviously not informed that they were supposed to be letting the people in and started shooting at those entering the door even though there were random people walking around the building in the background.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Did you catch the news this morning showing the weekend warriors turning their backs to the new president? Not really any context to show what was really going on.

Troops turn their backs on Biden; no salutes either | From the Trenches World Report
What was going on was that there was a violent insurrection 2 weeks ago and so the national guard was called in to protect the president from attacks. They weren't standing there to stare at the president.

Happy to provide you some context.

Upvote 0