Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression that firefighters were supposed to, y'know, do their jobs. Stuff like fighting fires, or manning stations at big events.

I could be wrong on this, but getting docked for refusing to do your job because you're scared of teh gay seems an appropriate response.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ah, yes. The diversity version of "Convert, or die!"

:amen: and some claim there is no homosexual agenda!:doh:

Their agenda is to make homosexuality totally accepted- as- normal, in all aspects of society! :prayer: :prayer: :groupray:

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression that firefighters were supposed to, y'know, do their jobs. Stuff like fighting fires, or manning stations at big events.

I could be wrong on this, but getting docked for refusing to do your job because you're scared of teh gay seems an appropriate response.
I guess handing out leaflets is now a fireman's job.

"Ten firefighters disobeyed orders by refusing to attend and hand out leaflets."

Teh horror!!1111

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Educating the public on fire safety? That's part of the job*.

Either do your job, or don't do your job and don't whine when you get punished for not doing your job.

I don't see what's so complicated about that.

* "Firefighters are well aware that fire prevention education and spreading the fire safety message is not a minor part of their job – it ranks alongside fire-fighting as a core, statutory duty." From the second article.

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Their agenda is to make homosexuality totally accepted- as- normal, in all aspects of society!
The only agenda in question here is the whole "doing your job" thing. Hey, if you want to rabblerouse for a slacker's paradise, I'll be the first to sign the petition (I don't have to do anything else, right?), but let's keep the issues straight.

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
FIREFIGHTERS in the Lothians have launched a drive to bring more gay and lesbian recruits into the service.

Posters have been distributed among the Capital's gay bars and clubs as part of the equality drive and firefighters have also been taking part in a series of gay fairs and parades where they have tried to get its equal opportunities message across.

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1073322006

Fire safety? Uh huh...

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The only agenda in question here is the whole "doing your job" thing. Hey, if you want to rabblerouse for a slacker's paradise, I'll be the first to sign the petition (I don't have to do anything else, right?), but let's keep the issues straight.

The "root cause" of this case was EXACTLY what I stated!:doh: The firemen wanted no part of showing support for something they are against,so they were punished! "Accept IT, or LOOSE YOUR JOB"!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Would fighting a fire at the local Gay Pride HQ also be support? Or should they let it burn down because they object to gay politics?
I hardly think handing out tolerance pamphlets is the same as stopping fires at a gay pride parade.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hardly think handing out tolerance pamphlets is the same as stopping fires at a gay pride parade.
They are both part of the job description. Check out their site, and you'll see a heavy emphasis on community education. The easiest way to fight fires is to prevent them in the first place.

That may be a bit "subversive" for some people, but it makes sense.

Upvote 0

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, this site is called Christian forums, isn't it?

If people are forced to pass out pamphlets which go against their core beliefs, why are people crticial of those people and not the ones who decided to fine them and demote them for not attending such a parade?

This pc tripe is never a two way street.

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This whole thing was discussed a while ago. IIRC from the previous discussion, they were supposed to hand out fire prevention pamphlets, not "tolerance" pamphlets.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If people are forced to pass out pamphlets which go against their core beliefs, why are people crticial of those people and not the ones who decided to fine them and demote them for not attending such a parade?

This pc tripe is never a two way street.

Read the articles. The pamphlets the were supposed to be handing out had to do with FIRE SAFETY. Nothing at all political or going against their core beliefs about it, unless promoting fire safety among gays and lesbians is against their core beliefs.

Upvote 0

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why couldn't the pamplets be deliveredd to the parade co-ordinators, why did they have to attend and be reprimanded, fined, and demoted for not attending?

Reverse it and demand that gay firefighters have to attend a straight pride parade and there'd be a major flap, over both that kind of parade and making them attend.

So I say again, this pc tripe is never a two way street.

Reactions: Ginny
Upvote 0