Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
41YAoLG2sLL._SY498_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Has anyone read this? I've been reading it on my Kindle...a most challenging and inspirational read..I've listened to hours of those yahoos on AFR podcasts over the past 5 years..never thought of them as conspirators to write a book together but I heartily recommend it :)

Reactions: rusmeister

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thanks for the nod, can you go into any detail about what you like about the book?

First that these two collaborated on a book is enough ;) The stories they tell are very convicting for me (outside the Orthodox Church)....and that a "perpetual conversion"...the ongoing standing up/falling/standing up progression of faith is actually real helps me quite a bit. I've spent the last year reevaluating my Anabaptist roots to the point of visiting a Conservative Anabaptist congregation for several weeks thinking that was the direction to follow...("plain Mennonite" sorts of folks for those of you that might be familiar :D)...but Orthodoxy keeps nagging at me even when I thought I'd pushed it away...between Kevin Allen's interviews of Fr. Trenham and his book Rock and Sand which led me to AFR's store catalog, then getting and reading (first) the Fire from Ashes and feeling the 2x4 upside the head...I was listening to Huneycutt & Robinson podcasts back in 2011...just seems like something has "come back around"...really appreciate the title more than I can say...

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
First that these two collaborated on a book is enough ;) The stories they tell are very convicting for me (outside the Orthodox Church)....and that a "perpetual conversion"...the ongoing standing up/falling/standing up progression of faith is actually real helps me quite a bit. I've spent the last year reevaluating my Anabaptist roots to the point of visiting a Conservative Anabaptist congregation for several weeks thinking that was the direction to follow...("plain Mennonite" sorts of folks for those of you that might be familiar :D)...but Orthodoxy keeps nagging at me even when I thought I'd pushed it away...between Kevin Allen's interviews of Fr. Trenham and his book Rock and Sand which led me to AFR's store catalog, then getting and reading (first) the Fire from Ashes and feeling the 2x4 upside the head...I was listening to Huneycutt & Robinson podcasts back in 2011...just seems like something has "come back around"...really appreciate the title more than I can say...
Thank you for mentioning that interview. I just listened to the first part and it is excellent. Here it is:http://www.stbarnabasoc.org/kevin-a...siah-trenham-orthodoxy-and-reformed-theology/

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0