Alabama
✟24,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In chapter 2 you learn that God makes you alive through Christ Jesus, when you believe. He changes you from the old man you use to be into a new man by the spirit. It talks about God is rich in mercy, because of His great love, with which He had loved them in their time, and us now in our time. Saved by Grace through faith -> Not of works so no one may boast. We are raised back up into spiritual life, with God through this grace, through faith (now today which comes by choice) some willfully reject the truth found in the Gospel of Christ Jesus.

Here is a link to the other books that have been done if you desire.
Finished: Book of Ephesians Chapter 2
Finished: Book Of Ephesians Chapter 1 (Inc. Introduction)

Thanksgiving be to God, and the Lord Jesus Christ for anyone who is able to take anything away from what is freely being presented to you here. The drive behind this is for the notion of you learning, and growing in your relationship with God and understanding. Looking towards God, and the Lord Jesus Christ - and hopefully through teaching verse by verse something you did not notice before grabs you and encourages you to continue on growing.

Thank you for all of you viewing and taking a look. May the peace, and grace of God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ be with you and your families.

Ephesians 3:

3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles—

Verse 1: Paul says ; after mention in the previous chapter how Christ Jesus has broken down the wall of hostility, and alienation of the Gentiles - this is the reason that He is written for the Gentiles so they understand.​

2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,

verse 2: If indeed you have heard of the administration of the grace of God which was given unto (Paul) for you.​

3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,

Verse 3: How that by revelation God made known to me the mystery (which is about Christ Jesus)​

4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),

Verse 4: by when you read, you may understand Paul and his knowledge in the mystery of Christ.​

5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:

Verse 5: Which in the ages before previous (Old Testament) was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now be revealed by the spirit to His holy apostles and prophets.

The truth of the Gospel of Christ -> The spirit has revealed the mystery to his Holy apostles and prophets.​

6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,

Verse 6: That also to the Gentiles, should be fellow heirs, of the same body (of Christ believers) and partakers of God's promise in Christ through the Gospel.

7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

verse 7: Which Paul became a minister according to the gift of grace of God given unto him by the effective working of Gods power.
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

verse 8: Paul who is less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given by God, that Paul should preach among the Gentiles, the unsearchable riches of Christ.​

9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

Verse 9: An to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which was from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

Interesting -> God who created all things through Christ Jesus. / Also it is talking about make the Gentiles see the fellowship they have in Christ Jesus when it comes to acceptance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ life, death, burial, and resurrection.​

10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,

Verse 10: To the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the on looking towards the powers, and principalities in heavenly places - talking about the Holy spirit which is a seal of promise from God - and how they can rejoice in their new relationship with God and Christ Jesus.​

11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,

Verse 11: According to the eternal purpose which God accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

verse 12: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.​

13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

Verse 13 there for I ask you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is for your glory.

tribulations:
2347 thlípsis – properly, pressure (what constricts or rubs together), used of a narrow place that "hems someone in"; tribulation, especially internal pressure that causes someone to feel confined (restricted, "without options").

2347 /thlípsis ("compression, tribulation") carries the challenge of coping with the internal pressure of a tribulation, especially when feeling there is "no way of escape" ("hemmed in").

[By contrast, 4730 (stenoxōría) focuses on the external pressure exerted by circumstances.]

Lose heart: 1573 ekkakéō (from 1537 /ek, "out from and to" and 2556 /kakós, "inwardly bad") – properly, to be negatively influenced with the outcome of experiencing inner weariness.​

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

verse 14: For this reason, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,​

15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Verse 15: For whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,​

16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,

Verse 16: That the Father would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, and be strengthened with might through His spirit in the inner man,​

17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Verse 17: That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you -> being rooted and grounded in love;

Love: 26 agápē – properly, love which centers in moral preference. So too in secular ancient Greek, 26 (agápē) focuses on preference; likewise the verb form (25 /agapáō) in antiquity meant "to prefer" (TDNT, 7). In the NT, 26 (agápē) typically refers to divine love (= what God prefers).​

18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—

Verse 18: Paul explains his hopes in asking the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ for them to be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width, and length, and depth, and Height​

19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Verse 19: to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that they may be filled with all the fullness of God​

20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Verse 20: Now to God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us (the holy spirit)​

21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Verse 21: To God be the Glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations forever, and ever amen.​

church:
1577 ekklēsía(from 1537 /ek, "out from and to" and 2564 /kaléō, "to call") – properly, people called out from the world and to God, the outcome being the Church (the mystical body of Christ) – i.e. the universal (total) body of believers whom God calls out from the world and into His eternal kingdom.

[The English word "church" comes from the Greek word kyriakos, "belonging to the Lord" (kyrios). 1577 /ekklēsía ("church") is the root of the terms "ecclesiology" and "ecclesiastical."]​

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7